HIGNFY Series 44

lankyguy007lankyguy007 Posts: 214
Forum Member
Starts Friday. Clare Balding hosting which should be fun.

Comments

• lankyguy007lankyguy007 Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Bump. Starts tonight
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    I love Clare Balding. I have watched this show for many years but the last series was not that great due to the hosts they had :(

Brian Blessed was the best :)
  • fleetfleet Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Clare Balding, but this was slightly embarrassing tonight!
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    some of the jokes tonight would have made Jimmy carr cringe
  • petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just wonder what'll be in the uncut version :eek:
  • Zero gravitasZero gravitas Posts: 12,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bloody hell! That was a tad near the knuckle wasn't it.
    I was expecting something a bit more upbeat, but the 'jokes' were on very thin ice.
    That said it was enjoyable, but probably for the wrong reasons.
  • WeeksyWeeksy Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to the extended version tomorrow! I wonder what the write up will be in the Mail tomorrow! Good on them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petely wrote: »
    I just wonder what'll be in the uncut version :eek:

Me too, cos that'll be a corker as some of the stuff shown seemed out of context.
    Crap editing, or just bloody difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff?
  • cliffy91cliffy91 Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed it tonight,the jokes were abit close to the bone tonight some of them but still worked in my opinion.

The dude who wrote Father Ted is always great on this show and tonight he was funny and talked alot of sense
  • CFC1905CFC1905 Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Extended version is Monday, not tomorrow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, it wasn't exactly a barrel of laughs, was it? I don't mind joking about the more serious topics of the week, although quite a few fell very flat tonight, but it did set a generally depressing tone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed it, bit it was very awkward
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CABLEDUDE wrote: »
    I really enjoyed it, bit it was very awkward

The Savile stuff was awkward abit but I seemed to me they did it to stand up for the BBC considering the stick they've came in for recent about it
  • ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that was awkward!
    Forum Member
    cliffy91 wrote: »
    The Savile stuff was awkward abit but I seemed to me they did it to stand up for the BBC considering the stick they've came in for recent about it

I'm glad they dug the knife in on the Mail, they deserve it
  • lankyguy007lankyguy007 Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Well I thought it was superb that they had the confidence to stop making jokes and actually give a section to the Jimmy Saville story and then have a go at the MailOnline. They deserve a lot of credit for that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CABLEDUDE wrote: »
    I'm glad they dug the knife in on the Mail, they deserve it

Same here and everything they said about the mail was 100% correct,good on 'em
  • Clank007Clank007 Posts: 2,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clare Balding went from being a respected TV sports presenter to a typical 'i must use swear words to look cool' idiot tonight.

Her 'f*** it' expletive near the start of the show was bad enough, but then to compound that with her stupid remarks and 'piss off' comment near the end made her look more than foolish.
    She was embarrassing and this programme has long since been past it's best
  • saralundsaralund Posts: 3,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think they were determined to a) discuss their experience of JS on the show, b) diss the fake transcript that's been doing the rounds, and c) get the subject aired.

It wasn't the usual funny HIGNFY, but it was the most forthright thing about JS that I've seen on the BBC over the last two weeks. Certainly a lot closer to the knuckle than Mock the Week, where they've hardly dared to mention JS at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weeksy wrote: »
    Looking forward to the extended version tomorrow! I wonder what the write up will be in the Mail tomorrow! Good on them
    CFC1905 wrote: »
    Extended version is Monday, not tomorrow.

At 22:35 til 23:20. Also on HD.:D
    According to VM epg
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    I think they made some excellent points, but it was uncomfortable viewing for a Friday night comedy panel show. It will cause more harm than good, the Daily Mail will just attack them more now.

Anyone think after the extended repeat we won't seeing this episode again, I can't see Dave running it.
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    It was amusing in the dark sort of way. The Mail no doubt will be going apoplectic, the reaction should be worth seeing.
  • ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed it but Twitter has been buzzing. Apparently the BBC, clearly tired of the constant yapping at it's heels by the Daily Mail, decided to bite back and set the HIGNFY team on it. The Mail suffered an almighty savaging it seems. When is this on Iplayer?
    Forum Member
    Angry tweets at the Daily Mail too

I just remembered when Ruth Jones called Quentin Letts their 'resident perv' :D

Bet he's imploded
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starts Friday. Clare Balding hosting which should be fun.

You're crystal balls a bit buggered.:D:D