NZB Matrix is DEAD! :'(

artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
Forum Member
✭✭
The End...

It is with our regret to announce that NZBMATRIX had closed.

We have had to make this decision due to a very large takedown request from a company called Wiggin LLC. These represent the following: Federation Against Copyright Theft Limited ("FACT"), Paramount Home Entertainment International Limited; Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Limited; The Walt Disney Company Limited; Twentieth Century Fox Film Company Limited; Universal Pictures (UK) Limited; Warner Bros. Entertainment UK Limited.

As everyone is aware we are DMCA/Takedown notice compliant, and always have been.
Once this notice is completed we are left with an impossible task of policing our indexing bots. Even then it won't stop there, there will be follow-up notices etc.

Coupled with this is problems with payment providers, we have been through pretty much everyone out there, in the end they all pull out.
There are massive server/bandwidth costs to pay, with the payments in-stability this is a very hard task.

NZBMATRIX has never been the subject of any legal issues or threats.

Also the Usenet Indexing scene is going through some changes, with content being removed from pretty much every provider its making the existence of an indexer irrelevant if the content does not even exists anymore.

So it's time for us to bow out... [/FONT]
:cry:

Comments

• mrg9999mrg9999 Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    artnada wrote: »

couchpota.to
    nzb.su
    nzbs.org
    sickbeard
    binsearch
    supersearch
    etc

I agree the matrix was the best in recent years
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was going to happen eventually I guess but people just did not appreciate the first rule of Usenet, ruined it for all.
  • bob187bob187 Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheBigM wrote: »
    It was going to happen eventually I guess but people just did not appreciate the first rule of Usenet, ruined it for all.

This!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member

Gutted, I was with newbinz2 so I sighed up to matrix and got the VIP on Friday and now they gone, this a few £s down the drain:mad:
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Federation Against Copyright Theft Limited ("FACT")
    Is there a clue here?
  • s2ks2k Posts: 7,410
    Forum Member
    Bah humbug. NZBMatrix was great in that it filtered out all the crap like bad encodes and password-protected archives.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of the alternatives seem to be invite only or closed registrations. :(
  • DotNetWillDotNetWill Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    s2k wrote: »
    Bah humbug. NZBMatrix was great in that it filtered out all the crap like bad encodes and password-protected archives.

For some reason most things I find via Binsearch are password protected recently :(

They even manage to bypass the check that binsearch does aswell.
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrg9999 wrote: »
    couchpota.to
    nzb.su
    nzbs.org
    sickbeard
    binsearch
    supersearch
    etc

I agree the matrix was the best in recent years

you do realise that sickbeard and coachpotato but rely on indexing sites, they don't do any indexing themselves. They are only watchers.
  • paulj48paulj48 Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's back to downloading of all the headers for a particular group. I remeber before the creation of nzb files.
  • artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulj48 wrote: »
    Well it's back to downloading of all the headers for a particular group. I remeber before the creation of nzb files.
    Yep the old fashioned way ;)
  • fenlanderfenlander Posts: 2,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep the old fashioned way ;)

You'll need to get up early in the morning. All of last night's 'prime' shows have already been DMCA'd.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fenlander wrote: »
    You'll need to get up early in the morning. All of last night's 'prime' shows have already been DMCA'd.
    Managed to get Homeland and The Simpsons using Sick Beard ;)
  • paulj48paulj48 Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If thats true (and I'm not going to check) its a sad day for usenet :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulj48 wrote: »
    If thats true (and I'm not going to check) its a sad day for usenet :cry:

this has been going for a least or month or two

Xbox games have been DMCA for a couple of years now. Big movies for couple of months and TV shows in the last couple of weeks. First noticed it with arrow but loads of shows get pulled now which is way you really needed something like sick beard.

Also nzbmatrix had some agreement with microsoft because their stuff never showed up on the indexes.
  • DotNetWillDotNetWill Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c4rv wrote: »
    Also nzbmatrix had some agreement with microsoft because their stuff never showed up on the indexes.

I don't think it was an agreement, I know of a lot private torrent trackers that won't allow MS off. I always just assumed they're massively aggressive and one way to stay under the radar was to not do it.
    Forum Member
    I got the nzb for the show i'm following via another site but I'd say about 70% of the files are missing pieces in some way or another. Not sure even the mighty PAR2 can save me on this one. I noticed someone's reposted it and thats a similar situation but maybe I'll be able to join the missing bits together with that. :(
  • GeeMan1973GeeMan1973 Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I left the torrent scene a number of years back, I'd never thought I'd be using isohunt again for my tv and films.

But having tried nzbindex to grab a Dexter - when it didn't work I just grabbed it from isohunt in under 10 minutes.

Why wont they let us watch what we want when we want to? It maddens me.
    Forum Member
    GeeMan1973 wrote: »
    But having tried nzbindex to grab a Dexter - when it didn't work I just grabbed it from isohunt in under 10 minutes.

Why wont they let us watch what we want when we want to? It maddens me.
    The thing that annoys me with Dexter is that FX are way behind the US in terms of air dates. If the rights-holders want people to start taking them seriously and cough up for subscriptions and paid downloads they need to make it more in line with the original air dates.
  • GeeMan1973GeeMan1973 Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing that annoys me with Dexter is that FX are way behind the US in terms of air dates. If the rights-holders want people to start taking them seriously and cough up for subscriptions and paid downloads they need to make it more in line with the original air dates.

exactly - Walking Dead and Homeland are very quick - Dexter is not even due to start till Feb when the season finishes in the US. Totally ridiculous.
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems unblock-us is a good way to go - number of shows are free to catch for americans e.g. at cbs.com
    Also you get acces to some Hulu content and can always pay for netflix and hulu plus.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nzbs(dot)org down since around 7:30.
  • scruffpotscruffpot Posts: 4,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeeMan1973 wrote: »
    exactly - Walking Dead and Homeland are very quick - Dexter is not even due to start till Feb when the season finishes in the US. Totally ridiculous.

Exactly.

Sky is very good with its US shows (Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, etc.) while C4 is good with Homeland, and FX is good with The Walking Dead, but the rest? You have to wait 6-12 months to see some things like True Blood and Burn Notice, while some things like Breaking Bad do not get shown at all.

I'd be happy if *everything* was on a UK channel within one week of the US broadcast. I wouldn't mind the odd weeks off here and there and the mid-season breaks - better that than waiting months on end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Exactly.

Sky is very good with its US shows (Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, etc.) while C4 is good with Homeland, and FX is good with The Walking Dead, but the rest? You have to wait 6-12 months to see some things like True Blood and Burn Notice, while some things like Breaking Bad do not get shown at all.

I'd be happy if *everything* was on a UK channel within one week of the US broadcast. I wouldn't mind the odd weeks off here and there and the mid-season breaks - better that than waiting months on end.

sometimes they do delay starting UK showing so that they can be shown without the breaks that are usual in US schedules. However I believe Dexter is shown in the US without a mid season break.