Thread to chat with winner Ian, when he's got some time ...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've sent him an invite.

Comments

• InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,764
    Forum Member
    If he ever comes back :o. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Quack (!?)
    Forum Member
    IanT88 wrote: »
    Quack (!?)

Woooooooooo :D Hi Ian!
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Ian and congrats.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Alright, I'm heading to bed, but before I do, I want to know one thing:

Which BB UK hm was I most similar to?
  • Linus2Linus2 Posts: 2,966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats to you Ian, i wanted you to win after Frank was gone.

Hmm thats a hard question coz i only liked Luke A. the rest were awful. And its so long ago i barely cant remember them :D. But there are some similarities with the BB Australia Bradley.
    Forum Member

Wow.. that's a very hard question because they have very different casting criteria in the UK compared to the US and the game makes people act differently in the US than they would if it was the UK format (Also I haven't seen a lot of the last two series of the UK version.. I stopped watching week two last year and when Lauren left this year). I don't think I could compare you to anyone from recent series..but perhaps a much more fun 'Nasty' Nick (BB1) without the nastiness with some of the vulnerabilities of Pete (BB7) who went out into the garden banging pots to deal with things (while obviously you had your hammock).

Edit: Congratulations on your epic move on Boogie, it was one of the highlights of the season for me and had me glued to the feeds :D.
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linus2 wrote: »
    Congrats to you Ian, i wanted you to win after Frank was gone.

Hmm thats a hard question coz i only liked Luke A. the rest were awful. And its so long ago i barely cant remember them :D. But there are some similarities with the BB Australia Bradley.

I think Bradley is a lot younger in how he acts. Admittedly Ian did run around naked with just his hat covering a bit of himself in the first week. :D But Bradley deliberately tries to annoy people and I'm not sure Ian did.

Eugene maybe, in BB6, was geeky but got along with people quite well. Obviously there is far more overt gameplay in the US version so it's hard to compare there as we don't hear the gameplay thoughts of British HMs as much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 324
    Forum Member

Classic. :cool:

Congrats again! If I had a question for you, it's: who from your house do you think would be the most successful in a BBUK format?
  • mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quack (!?)

Thanks, I will :D
  • RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congrats on the win Ian. And thanks for returning to Digital Spy! :)

Have you watched any of the episodes back yet? And if so, has anything surprised you? Any things you didn't know about?
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    Oh wow he's back :D welcome back Ian

You really got most of DS Supporting you and we all felt so proud that a DS member was even on the show let alone win it :D

I was a real big fan of you and so was my Auntie from Canada :) thanks for being yourself and giving us a brilliant summer!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian Terry‏ @TulaneTerry
    @Lauren_CarreBB Just got out of BB USA house a week ago... I was gutted when I found you didn't win.
  • VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Welcome back, quack quack!

I'd say a cross between Lauren and Pete Bennett with a dash of Eugene. But really you are one of a kind.

Congratulations! Was so exciting knowing you were one of us. :). Thank you for getting boogie off my screen, he and frank were IMO annoying, obnoxious & arrogant ( for no reason). If they had treated you as an equal and not their "pet" for lack of a better word... Do you think you would have stayed with them?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian was rooting for you this season. Thanks so much for returning to DS.

Did you ever doubt Dan during the season? And how did you feel about him when you found out about the fact his true allegiance was to Danielle and that he wanted you out at Final 6? Had you known how would that have changed your strategy?
  • RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ian Terry‏ @TulaneTerry
    @Lauren_CarreBB Just got out of BB USA house a week ago... I was gutted when I found you didn't win.

Lauren Carre ‏@Lauren_CarreBB

@TulaneTerry Hey! Well done you! Aww thanks that means a lot :) did you enjoy Your time in there? x
  • Linus2Linus2 Posts: 2,966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mitch 123 wrote: »
    Did you ever doubt Dan during the season? And how did you feel about him when you found out about the fact his true allegiance was to Danielle and that he wanted you out at Final 6? Had you known how would that have changed your strategy?
    "this"

and isnt it a bit weird to walk around with the bible all the time reading verses to everyone and then swearing (lies) on it, on the wife and on the dead grandfather? Its a pathetic behaviour imo. Its hilarious that Dan thought he had a chance of winning against you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian, WELL DONE. We knew you were a DS'er from your preseason interviews and backed you all the way.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow even though I don't watch BB USA it's amazing to have had a winner from DS haha :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ian, WELL DONE. We knew you were a DS'er from your preseason interviews and backed you all the way.

I did back him from the start, along with just a few other HGs, but not because he had posted here in fact I wasn't even aware of that. I do like underdogs and I guess he seemed a bit like that at the start.
  • molly nogginmolly noggin Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not really similar to any of them but I reckon the closest was probably Andrew Edmonds, 2010, simply because he was the geekiest kid they've ever had in there. He was a Maths geek and Oxford undergrad and if BBUK was about strategy, I could imagine him doing well.

Many congrats, btw, love ya! :)
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    Not really similar to any of them but I reckon the closest was probably Andrew Edmonds, 2010, simply because he was the geekiest kid they've ever had in there. He was a Maths geek and Oxford undergrad and if BBUK was about strategy, I could imagine him doing well.

Many congrats, btw, love ya! :)

Andrew is on DS too :D
  • *~TeePee~**~TeePee~* Posts: 2,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian! I was a huge fan of yours from the start, your cheeky face and nerdy ways made me fall madly in love with you, and back you to the end. I'm so happy you won, you well and truly deserved it, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

My questions: BBUK or BBUSA? Anddd if you were given the chance to appear on abbuk, would you? I think the public would love you just as much as I do! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he enquired in the past about applying for the British version.

And I forgot about Andrew. That is certainly a good comparison, he seemed quite intelligent and also was up for having fun in the house. In a more strategic game maybe he could have made a bigger impression, his character was more lost in the personality driven UK version.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian Terry‏@TulaneTerry

Another quiet day in the Terry house, just catching up on some Big Brother 14. I'm on the Candy Counter episode!