Ivor FannyIvor Fanny Posts: 969
Forum Member
✭✭
I think the song are video are fab.

Comments

• ItsallaboutyouItsallaboutyou Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heard this the other day. Very impressed. Easily one of the best X-Factor allimuni.

Shame it did bad....guess TV wont touch her as she is not dressed with her boobs hanging out, promiscious or got a club banger :rolleyes:
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Heard this the other day. Very impressed. Easily one of the best X-Factor allimuni.

Shame it did bad....guess TV wont touch her as she is not dressed with her boobs hanging out, promiscious or got a club banger :rolleyes:

BIB....check out the album cover, She is!
  • VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her own fault for being away so long.

Love the song and her, but Rihanna, etc. have this down to a tee.

Nowadays you need to constantly have a song/album out or people forget about you.
  • matty_andersonmatty_anderson Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely loved Diana's first album and I still listen to it quite regular. The album and singles were pretty successful for her but she's left it too long before coming back to the music scene and the interest has died down and also she's had little radio play so I'm not surprised. I love the song though!
  • Rui_PhillipsRui_Phillips Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She took way to long to release new music which wasn't very catchy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's actually an excellent position considering she had no radio support and is on an independent label.
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vashetti wrote: »
    Her own fault for being away so long.

Love the song and her, but Rihanna, etc. have this down to a tee.

Nowadays you need to constantly have a song/album out or people forget about you.

you mean it doesn't matter if it's shit so long as it's relentless
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Diana's voice but she took way too long to release new music.
  • thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you mean it doesn't matter if it's shit so long as it's relentless

Just about sums up most of the charts these days, sh*t and relentless
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    I think a big part of the problem, was that her management or PR or Record Company, posted the official video(s) etc., way too early. i.e. 2 months ago. :confused:

There was a lot of buzz re: the video, i.e. over 700,000 hits in less than a week. :eek:

If the single had been released a week or two after the video, I'm sure it would have fared a lot better on the charts. :)

2 months later, and people have moved on to new music. :yawn:

Sad really, Ms. Vickers deserves better support, AND management that know what the heck they're doing. :o

Hope her album does better, unless her management screw that up as well. :rolleyes:
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the world goes on.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    ^ Holding songs back 2 months is kind of normal in the UK. They did it probably because that's what the major record labels do a lot of the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love it, should have been huge
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She needs to be clever now. She needs to release the right single. A Top 40 hit is all she needs to remind the public who she is. She should get an X Factor performance as well considering she is one of the most memorable contestants.
  • fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it could go higher next week if we all buy it?
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm hearing her album is now going to be download only. Is that true?
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jobcentre Plus awaits.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a big fan but didn't buy it it's a weak song and she simply left it too long. I would rather buy the album as there are better songs on there and Cinderella just wasn't worth the purchase. Music To MAke The Boys Cry should have been lead.
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hearing her album is now going to be download only. Is that true?

I don't know where you heard that, but the CD album is already available to pre-order on her website: http://dianavickers.tmstor.es/

I can't see any reason why it wouldn't also be available on Amazon and all the other usual places.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    I'm a big fan but didn't buy it it's a weak song and she simply left it too long. I would rather buy the album as there are better songs on there and Cinderella just wasn't worth the purchase. Music To MAke The Boys Cry should have been lead.
    Music To Make Boys Cry is the lead. It's the single released before the album.

iTunes have 1:30 previews up for all songs on there. It sounds like it could be pop album of the year. Just incredible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    Music To Make Boys Cry is the lead. It's the single released before the album.

iTunes have 1:30 previews up for all songs on there. It sounds like it could be pop album of the year. Just incredible.

No Cinderella was the lead. MTMBC is the second single which was confirmed on twitter (but not by Diana).

MTMBC was made available on soundcloud and then youtube, but it was never 'released' as a single.

I agree that MTMBC should have been lead, but I think having it as the second official release could be clever - if it is marketed correctly and it comes out pretty soonish.

Diana is already back in the limelight now after being away for so long, so what she needs now is the video out and lots of promotion. If the song doesn't get playlisted on Radio 1 (even Radio 2), then the management can kiss goodbye to a top 40 chart position.

Regarding the album, I think it is only going to be DL. Amazong only have a link to the MP3 version, not the physical as they normally do. Also, you can get a physical copy, but it's only through Diana's website for a limited edition signed photo copy.
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I love Cinderella, there's something missing. As is always the case with her music. It's like, time after time, we hear these singles from Diana but to me they sound only half-written.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like this song and I think Diana has talent. It's just sad that she isn't getting the recognition for it. Especially since she's been out for a while now.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The clips from the album sound great! Diana's not on a major label, that's the reason there isn't as much of a push. Though I would love more people to realise what an awesome little pop princess Diana is.