SKY+ Error Code 14 - Help !!!!!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
Forum Member
Hi Folks,

I need some help with the following error message, Sky tech support have tried there best, but are unable to find a solution to this problem.

Over the last 3 weeks, whenever I try to order anything on Box Office I get this message straight away:

For Your Information 14

"Insufficient Space Left of Your viewing Card" Please Call 08702 40 40 40 for assistance"

Sky Tech support have confirmed that this is nothing to do with type of bill payments etc and they have had me try :-

Full System Reset - Option
New Installation - Option

Still to no avail, :cry:

However during one of the many times that I've called tech support, they confirm each time that they are receiving many call backs from box each day.

I'm stumped, has anyone else seen this ???

Any help / Hints would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• lincsatlincsat Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds to me that your card is not correctly associated with your account at their end, something that the tech should be able to sort with a few keystrokes.

Do you have a new card? Could be a problem with a swap out issue.
  • jeffersbnljeffersbnl Posts: 4,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like the credit limit on your viewing card is full. The box needs to succesfully call back and off load all the data on Box Office stuff you've booked and then viewed. For some reason it isn't doing that properly.
  • thickycatthickycat Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Sounds like the expected effect of a rouse I've heard for not paying for movies (I'm not accusing here, I'm sure this is accidental!) it goes like this...

If you don't have a phone line connected, the box won't let you buy movies at all. If it sees a phone line, it will let you order them. However, it doesn't check at the time that it can get through to report your usage... Here's the rouse (am I spelling that correctly?)...

Go into the services menu (SERVICES-401?) and change the dialling prefix to something that will make the calls fail (9 should work). That way, when you order a movie, the fact that you've ordered it will be put on your card and the box will try to call SKY to report it so it can go on your bill. It will keep failing. However, it will continue to let you buy movies as long as it has room on your viewing card to record the details.... Once it's full, you'll get an error as you've found.

There are also little devices you can pay good money for that fot on the phone plug and fool the box into thinking it has a phone line when it hasn't - same effect.

Please note - I AM NOT SAYING YOU SHOULD DO THIS TO AVOID PAYING!!!!!

You should be able to clear the fault by making sure the unit is correctly connected to a working phone line and the dialling prefix box is blank. The box will then call SKY and sort itself out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    Ok I'm going to tell you my story.......

On the 19th Jan 03 I wanted to record WWE Royal Rumble. When trying this I got the Error Code 14 message "Insufficient Space Left of Your viewing Card".

I called are Scottish friends who had NO clue what this message meant, but they advised me on the usual remedies:-

Reset Box (Power Down)
    Reset Box (Erase Programs)
    Removing Card
    New Installation (Callback Procedure)
    And of course.....waiting to see what happens!

Sky told me that they been receiving numerous callbacks from my box and over the last few months I’ve spoken to so many nice ladies (again, ha-ha sense my sarcasm) and techguys…. clueless

Every once in a while the box will say “You can’t order this program now, try later” or “Ensure the line is connected” when it is connected (arrrhhhh)

This was going till end of May when I called to complain about the situation and the nice lady (ha-ha) recommended I replace the viewing card (I can’t believe it took them 5 months to come up with this idea). I asked her about the new cards sky was advertising and she told me that they were for Sky Digital customers not Sky+ (Doh!)

After getting the new card the Error 14 msg has ceased but now I’m left with Msg 33 “Ensure the line is connected”

So Sky has received probably 1000 callbacks, gotten me pi**ed off and still have to sort this, I’m goanna have to talk to someone higher up

To be continued…..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a faulty modem Alphawao.

It can't connect to Sky, so it can't send the data on the card and the whole thing is stuck.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Do you have an ISDN system?

The modems on some digiboxes (not sure about sky+ yet but I am getting one so I will soon find out) do not detect the dial tone / line voltage of ISDN adapters correctly.

Typically a standard analogue modem will work OK but the digibox will say "line not connected" or "line busy"

Cheap modems...

Grayarea.

PS Sky call center will not have aclue about this problem if you bring it up, I should know.
    Forum Member
    An ISDN router generates its own dial tone (as there isn't a concept of one in the ISDN world). I don't know if the highway boxes create their own or have one fed from the exchange. Everything does sound like your box can't connect though.

I suppose you could try going into one of the interactive things you have to pay for and triggering it to see if it connects, except that will obviously cost money!

SKY should really have put a 'test callback' option in the system somewhere.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by m0rgan
    Hi Folks,

I need some help with the following error message, Sky tech support have tried there best, but are unable to find a solution to this problem.

Over the last 3 weeks, whenever I try to order anything on Box Office I get this message straight away:

For Your Information 14

"Insufficient Space Left of Your viewing Card" Please Call 08702 40 40 40 for assistance"

Sky Tech support have confirmed that this is nothing to do with type of bill payments etc and they have had me try :-

Full System Reset - Option
    New Installation - Option

Still to no avail, :cry:

However during one of the many times that I've called tech support, they confirm each time that they are receiving many call backs from box each day.

I'm stumped, has anyone else seen this ???

Any help / Hints would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

New Card??? Or at least get Technical at Sky to phone/e-mail/contact their viewing card tech support department who are actually pretty hot at troubleshooting these problems even though the main tech department isn't.......

PS only team leaders and above at Sky have access to e-mail
    Forum Member
    SKY should really have put a 'test callback' option in the system somewhere

You can make the box callback by getting into the installation menu and selecting 6 new installation, at the end of the sat scan it will do a call back.

Grayarea.
    Forum Member
    I had the feeling it did in the back of my mind, but does that do anything destructive as well? (like clearing favourites etc.)?
    Forum Member
    anything destructive as well? (like clearing favourites etc.)?

I have done it loads of times trying to get my digibox to phone home on my ISDN analogue line, so far the favourites have stayed and I have not noticed anything else being reset or lost.

Grayarea.