Force HD software update

skinjskinj Posts: 3,383
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Have been told by my sat supplier that all the HD boxes should have a forced software update initiated at first time power up. Due to new software being devised since the boxes were made. This may explain why some boxes are crashing a couple of times fairly soon after the install.

Hope this helps!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    There's a lot about making sure the engineers do a forced update on power up.

Are the boxes set to free view for every channel or something?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    I sat there with the engineer watching the software update and it took about 10 mins on mine...

I'm guessing that being so 'keen' to get the boxes out to the public on launch day that they've agreed to do the software upgrade at the end users home.
  • skinjskinj Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, they have just released new software for the boxes. Maybe its a bug fix issue!
  • Rab CRab C Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UniEagle wrote:
    I'm guessing that being so 'keen' to get the boxes out to the public on launch day that they've agreed to do the software upgrade at the end users home.
    The box has to have software on it in the first place. At the factory Thomson would have installed the latest code available at the time.

Before launch they would have been tweaking software to get it right for launch thus requiring a download on the day to pick it up.
  • ffocusedffocused Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    what is the latest software version?

I have HD 3.10q

Do i need to force an update?
  • Alex OughtonAlex Oughton Posts: 6,739
    Forum Member
    That's the version you should have.
  • ffocusedffocused Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Thank you.
  • ozsatozsat Posts: 5,731
    Forum Member
    My HD box came in a sealed box and worked straight out of the box (not subscription channels).

The installer did the forced update later - didn't see what the original software version was but it HD3.10q after update.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone spot what the sequence for forced updat was? It happened a bit quickly, so it might have been as simple as holding down the power button, but I missed what he did.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    held down something on the top panel of buttons whilst powering up.
  • Alex OughtonAlex Oughton Posts: 6,739
    Forum Member
    If it's the same as a standard digibopx or Sky+, then you simply:

1. Unplug the power for the box
    2. Hold down the "back up" button on the box (not the remote)
    3. Still holding "back up", plug power back into the box.
    4. When the "updating" message is displayed on your TV, release "back up"
    5. Wait.
  • digitalsatmandigitalsatman Posts: 7,057
    Forum Member
    However on some boxes, it is essential to also press the left and right buttons, along with the backup button.
  • skinjskinj Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a memo form sky saying that the update has to be done before the call back and that this is being actively monitored.
    model number should read 605110.
    operating sys 1.32a07
    epg version HD3.10q