Dallas

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
Forum Member
I've started watching the original Dallas on Saturday and so far up to Dallas Season 3. However is it actually worth watching the "dream" season? I mean if it were all a dream I can just skip that season right?

Comments

• Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you watching on CBS Drama?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Are you watching on CBS Drama?

Online.
  • NewWorldManNewWorldMan Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlinkBrian wrote: »
    However is it actually worth watching the "dream" season? I mean if it were all a dream I can just skip that season right?

TBH, I can't remember. Must have been a dream. :)

No, really I can't remember. However, as with all these things, there is a point when it runs out of steam. I probably did call it a day after that season. Lol.

Anyway, I'd say keep plugging away until you've had enough. Dallas was great while it was great. :)
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    BlinkBrian wrote: »
    I've started watching the original Dallas on Saturday and so far up to Dallas Season 3. However is it actually worth watching the "dream" season? I mean if it were all a dream I can just skip that season right?

Why not? We thought it was great at the time and it still is.
    Forum Member
    When Dallas 2012 came out I didn't have an interest in watching the old season. As a soloprenuer i thought it'd be important to learn from the best... J.R!

No but seriously! I like Dallas for it's dark business aspect more then the romance between Bobby Ewing and Pam!
    Forum Member
    I also have an issue. I watch television series back-to-back :( and Dallas is the current series. It's how I've been able to watch three seasons in half a week ^_^
  • Adam14Adam14 Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The dream season was a very different season for Dallas. It became almost like Dynasty, very OTT, but also very much focussed on different storylines such as Donna and Ray go in a very different direction.

It's worth watching, just for these storylines. It focusses more on the other characters and less on some...well, let's just say, more traditional stars of the show. I think that is why the producer and writers got fired lol - guess who?! :)
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the dream season, probably because they knew it wouldn't matter by then, the season finale was one of the best!
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The dream season has the amazing Angelica Nero played by Barbara Carrera. I quite enjoyed the season although I've noted it isn't a favourite among the cast/crew and the fans. I included it in my rewatch but I'll admit there were points where I considered skipping ahead as I knew it was all going to be wiped out once Pam woke up. I'd still recommend watching it regardless. There's some good stuff throughout.
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    I loved the dream season, probably because they knew it wouldn't matter by then, the season finale was one of the best!

Yes, if you watch nothing else watch the finale. By then they knew it would not all need to be resolved other than by a reset button so they had great fun and created a Dallas cliffhanger on steroids.
    Forum Member
    What I like about Dallas is that they don't draw out storylines. The cliff barnes and JR baby was only a few episodes and when the time came to the DNA test it was over in an episode. The famous Who Shot JR was four episodes compared to Eastenders who shot phil mitchel lasted bloody months.

Dallas is much easier to watch and fast paced. I'm towards the end of season 4.