Razorlight

hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
Forum Member
Are they still together? It feels like ages since they last released anything. What are your favourite songs by them? I only know their singles, would say my top 3 were:

1. Golden Touch
2. I Can't Stop This Feeling I've Got
3. Somewhere Else

I can't stand to hear 'America' anymore, its been too overplayed imo.

Comments

• gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From Wiki
    Razorlight headlined at OsFest in Shropshire on 3 June 2012, as well as the Splendour Festival in Nottingham on the 21st July 2012, and Bingley Music Live on 1 September 2012. They have also continued working on a fourth album.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/razorlight-working-on-fourth-album_1221139
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I met a girl. I asked for her name. She told me what it was"
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i liked 'somewhere else' and 'golden touch'...
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,969
    Forum Member
    I quite liked Razorlight. My favourite songs were In The Morning, Golden Touch, Somewhere Else and Before I Fall To Pieces.
  • ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got one of their albums but I haven't listened to it for ages. It was one of those I liked at the time, but now if I hear it it can rub me up the wrong way! I find it a bit irritating.

I do, however, still really like Golden Touch - the acoustic version. I don't know if there is an official acoustic version but I downloaded one once, and I always like hearing it covered by acoustic men in the pub!
  • MiresiaVertetaMiresiaVerteta Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Before I Fall To Pieces is a wonderful song. Easily their best.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think In The Morning is their best song, loved their video! I still really like Golden Touch and America as well
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought their albums and saw them live twice, met them once too. About 7-8 years ago, which makes me feel really old :o
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    They really had one of the fastest falls from fame, they reached their (commercial) peak with 'Razorlight' which went 4x Platinum, and 'America' going to no1 then 2 years later their 3rd album flopped.

In their defence, the music world changed a lot between 2006/2007 and 2008/2009, out went the indie bands, in came GaGa & David Guetta.