Sinister.

Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone on here seen it? Is it any good?

Comments

• ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve35 wrote: »
    Has anyone on here seen it? Is it any good?

It gave me the creeps but it gets a bit OTT performance-wise at times. I got the impression that someone the someone, somewhere along the line, decided it needed a bit of extra gore, as though they didn't have enough faith in the original idea.
    One clever bit of casting is nicely misleading. Elias Koteas must have been busy that day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Easily the best horror movie of the last year, it's got a really unsettling atmosphere (due in part to the extremely creepy music that accompanies the murder films), it's unusual for a modern horror movie to get under my skin but this one really did, the jumpy moments are great too, some really caught me off guard in the cinema (i'm not normally one to jumpat films, but i absolutely crapped myself at one bit, the couple sat next to me thought my reaction was hilarious:o). It's infinitely better than the Paranormal Activity sequels.
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it, straight in there from the beginning. One of my favourite horror films of last year.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went in with low expectations, and found it to be effective and creepy on the whole. It's well worth a look. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was absolutely brilliant. Very creepy, excellent story and brilliant performances.
    The score over parts of the film...
    The super 8 movies
    was very effective. Kept me awake at night :)