Masthead Amplifier Problem

spike47spike47 Posts: 17
Forum Member
Hi All

I have just fitted a Labgear 2 Way Masthead Amplifier PUL121 ( Picture Attached ) , to take a feed to 1: Lounge TV 2: TV for Daughters Bedroom .
I have a 12 Volt feed from the Lounge TV up to the Masthead Amp , but I am not getting any signal to TV , I have checked the Continuity of the Cables and they check out OK , and I am getting 12 V at the Masthead .
Question , is there a way to test the PUL121 , is there any reading's I can check on it . I have only just bought it and I really wanted to know if there was a problem with the Unit before I try to take it back , if I can that it .

Note : I have taken a 1 way Masthead amp off that worked ok on my Lounge TV .

PS: I dont seem to be able to insert a Picture ! .
spike

Comments

• Peter RheaPeter Rhea Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    Have you connected the aerial feed to the 'in' port & the power supply/lounge tv to one of the 'outs'?
  • spike47spike47 Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Peter Rhea wrote: »
    Have you connected the aerial feed to the 'in' port & the power supply/lounge tv to one of the 'outs'?

Hi Peter

Yes I have the connection from the 12 volt supply up to one of the outlets ( there is 2 ) on the Amp , and the Aerial into the " IN " of the Amp , I am going to go up and put the 12 volt supply into the other Outlet , it says you can use either but I will give it a go .

thanks for your reply .

spike
  • MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can check the signal from the spare output with an aerial signal meter. Is your aerial aligned on the transmitter? Why are you using an amplified splitter? Have you tried a passive splitter?