Britney Spears Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    The ones I'm missing are:
    From the Bottom of My Broken Heart
    Outrageous
    Break the Ice
    Womanizer
    Circus
    If U Seek Amy
    Scream & Shout
    Work Bitch
    Ooh La La

Also just made another nice purchase on ebay, the Britney album Japanese deluxe edition with booklet and DVD featuring interviews and live performances, exciting!

Some of them are very rare singles! I don't ever remember Outrageous being released on CD, or was it only released in certain countries? I don't know how easy it is to get hold of her more recent singles on CD. I never saw them in the shops but then HMV (which closed down and then reopened in Ireland, at least where I live) and even the local stores in the city I live in haven't sold CD singles for a long time. I used to go to Woolworths whenever I was over in the UK and buy my CD singles there. Ooh that's a nice purchase! I've never seen that edition before. I have that album but I've the UK edition in what I believe is a European edition box as it didn't have Before The Goodbye listed on it but the song comes up in my iTunes. For years I thought it was a hidden track :p

As for singles, I've obviously got all the songs on the albums and I have an Overprotected cassette and a BOMT CD single. I downloaded the Someday (I Will Understand), Womanizer, 3, Hold It Against Me, Till The World Ends, Scream & Shout, Ooh La La and Work Bitch singles.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of them are very rare singles! I don't ever remember Outrageous being released on CD, or was it only released in certain countries? I don't know how easy it is to get hold of her more recent singles on CD. I never saw them in the shops but then HMV (which closed down and then reopened in Ireland, at least where I live) and even the local stores in the city I live in haven't sold CD singles for a long time. I used to go to Woolworths whenever I was over in the UK and buy my CD singles there. Ooh that's a nice purchase! I've never seen that edition before. I have that album but I've the UK edition in what I believe is a European edition box as it didn't have Before The Goodbye listed on it but the song comes up in my iTunes. For years I thought it was a hidden track :p

As for singles, I've obviously got all the songs on the albums and I have an Overprotected cassette and a BOMT CD single. I downloaded the Someday (I Will Understand), Womanizer, 3, Hold It Against Me, Till The World Ends, Scream & Shout, Ooh La La and Work Bitch singles.

Yeah some of them are going to be hard to track down, from some research I've done it seems as though the rarest are Scream & Shout, If U Seek Amy and Outrageous which was only released physically in Japan.
    Forum Member
    Yeah some of them are going to be hard to track down, from some research I've done it seems as though the rarest are Scream & Shout, If U Seek Amy and Outrageous which was only released physically in Japan.

I've never actually seen those singles for sale anywhere, but maybe you can only buy them online. Definitely worth having if you can track them down though! I've seen pics of the Outrageous single but I'm wondering if it was an actual single or just a promotional one that got sent to radio stations?
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have physical copies of FTBOFMBH, Outrageous, and someday they were in my singles boxset wouldn't mind simple Japanese edition albums though 😀.
    Forum Member
    I wish I had the singles boxset :( Never got the chance to buy it though and I bet it costs an arm and a leg.The Japanese albums would be worth adding to the collection. Don't a lot of them have extra songs or videos?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I had the singles boxset :( Never got the chance to buy it though and I bet it costs an arm and a leg.The Japanese albums would be worth adding to the collection. Don't a lot of them have extra songs or videos?

I have a few Japanese albums, the FF album has the bonus track "Scary", Blackout has "Get Back", "Everybody" and "Outta This World".
    BJ has a few extra WB remixes. I'm planning on getting the others. Another Japanese single worth getting is "Someday" because it not only has the single, but also has "Mona Lisa", "Over To You Now" and "Chaotic".
    I wish I had the boxset as well, it looks amazing but alas I missed out on it. Hopefully I can find a good quality used version at some point.
    Forum Member
    I have a few Japanese albums, the FF album has the bonus track "Scary", Blackout has "Get Back", "Everybody" and "Outta This World".
    BJ has a few extra WB remixes. I'm planning on getting the others. Another Japanese single worth getting is "Someday" because it not only has the single, but also has "Mona Lisa", "Over To You Now" and "Chaotic".
    I wish I had the boxset as well, it looks amazing but alas I missed out on it. Hopefully I can find a good quality used version at some point.

Get Back and Everybody are available for download here in Ireland as bonus tracks but Outta This World isn't. Isn't the Japanese Someday single the same as the Chaotic EP? You might still be able to get the boxset online somewhere, I don't know. I wish I had it. It looks good. I might try and get the Someday single though. Sounds like it would be worth having! Mona Lisa was one of the songs that would've been on Original Doll and I guess the Japanese Someday single/Chaotic EP is the closest thing we'll ever get to that album :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Figured I'd take a couple of photo's so that I could document how my collection has grown, here are all my singles:
    http://i.imgur.com/rY2agZq.jpg

And my albums which I've got far less of:
    http://i.imgur.com/lsJbOQG.jpg

The irony that BJ is my least favourite album yet I have the most copies of it LOL.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Figured I'd take a couple of photo's so that I could document how my collection has grown, here are all my singles:

The irony that BJ is my least favourite album yet I have the most copies of it LOL.

How come you have multiple copies of everything?

:)
    Forum Member

How come you have less albums? It's not a bad little collection. I've got more stuff added to mine and I'll take a photo again when I have a free moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    How come you have multiple copies of everything?

:)
    How come you have less albums? It's not a bad little collection. I've got more stuff added to mine and I'll take a photo again when I have a free moment.

I have multiple copies purely by accident, sometimes I place a bid on ebay because the lot has a couple of singles I need that would work out cheaper if I win the bid than if I'd bought them separately, of course because of this method I get a ton of duplicates. But it's cheaper in the long run.

As for having less albums, it's purely because they are more expensive, especially to import them from other countries, I want a few more editions especially of my faves but as for right now I'm focusing on singles so I'll switch to albums once I've finished that.
    Forum Member
    I have multiple copies purely by accident, sometimes I place a bid on ebay because the lot has a couple of singles I need that would work out cheaper if I win the bid than if I'd bought them separately, of course because of this method I get a ton of duplicates. But it's cheaper in the long run.

As for having less albums, it's purely because they are more expensive, especially to import them from other countries, I want a few more editions especially of my faves but as for right now I'm focusing on singles so I'll switch to albums once I've finished that.

That's fair enough. Even if you get duplicates it might be worth checking if there were several different versions of a CD single, particularly with the 90s/early 00s ones. They used to have CD1 and CD2 and there might be some Britney singles like that. I think they did that with BOMT. I've got the version with two remixes but IIRC there was a version with Autumn Goodbye and the instrumental. It's worth checking that out.

Albums have always been more expensive than singles. Have fun collecting the singles :D I was gonna start doing that but I need to scour the second hand shops and charity shops to find them. It would be a bit of fun though :cool: I'm trying to build up my Britney collection and that's something I should've done years ago, but I guess there's never a bad time to do it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday to my idol Britney Spears!
    Also it's the one year anniversary of Britney Jean...that's all I'm saying on that front lol.
    Forum Member
    Our Britney is 33 today! Hard to believe :D Time goes so quick, doesn't it? Not saying anything about the one year anniversary of Britney Jean but I will say it's the 6th anniversary of Circus.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Our Britney is 33 today! Hard to believe :D Time goes so quick, doesn't it? Not saying anything about the one year anniversary of Britney Jean but I will say it's the 6th anniversary of Circus.

Ahh happy birthday, Britney! :)

I still haven't added "Britney Jean" to my collection though. It's such a weak album.
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    Ahh happy birthday, Britney! :)

I still haven't added "Britney Jean" to my collection though. It's such a weak album.

I don't like Britney Jean much either but I have it and I bought it because I'm a sucker for anything Britney releases even if it's total crap :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh yeah forgot it was 6 years since Circus as well, my personal favourite Britney album!
    Forum Member
    Ooh yeah forgot it was 6 years since Circus as well, my personal favourite Britney album!

Circus is your favourite Britney album? Cool :cool: My fave's Blackout. Circus is good too though. I guess they're all good in a way, apart from Britney Jean which really was pants bar a few songs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Circus is your favourite Britney album? Cool :cool: My fave's Blackout. Circus is good too though. I guess they're all good in a way, apart from Britney Jean which really was pants bar a few songs.

Yeah, at risk of sounding cheesy Circus came out at a time when I was very low and depressed and without wanting to sound cliche, the album really helped me through that tough time, even though I know quality wise it isn't her best, concept wise I love it as well as it being sentimental to me for what it helped me with.
    Forum Member
    Yeah, at risk of sounding cheesy Circus came out at a time when I was very low and depressed and without wanting to sound cliche, the album really helped me through that tough time, even though I know quality wise it isn't her best, concept wise I love it as well as it being sentimental to me for what it helped me with.

Aww that's nice :) A lot of songs or albums remind me of certain people or times in my life. I've got the Circus theme going at the moment. My Britney shirt has the Circus logo and I'm wearing my Circus Fantasy perfume :D Might give Circus a spin later. I was playing Piece of Me a while ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    William Orbit has been posting some odd Britney things here and there on his Facebook page...could they be re-attempting the next album?

Hopefully! OUCH Britney Jean is getting a lot of mean slaps....personally I still really enjoy it....and think it is better than her first two albums and actually i prefer it in vibe and theme to Circus which to me feels like a lot of Pop sounds THROWN together to make it feel like a "comeback" album when it felt like Blackout cast offs and demo-ish incomplete vibes here and there....good album but...i prefer BJ :-D ...but I do feel we are owed a genuinely EPIC Britney album.

After playing Sia on repeat with her 1000 Forms of Fear album...why not just have Britney and Kurstin produce the entier album 9? you know! with Max Martin (who has had such a WIN streak of late with Swifts 1989, Take That, and of course Katy Perry, P!nk) I just think why break the formula? BOMT, OIDIA, Britney, Femme Fatale....go for it! Swede-Pop trademark SPears stuff :-D

ANyways just ideas....but i would adore simply if Britney went either a really experimental route like the "!Feed The Wolves" ideas may have been OR just a really Pure Pop inspired route....1989 by Swift is so Retro MTV/Madonna/Depeche Mode inspired (i am actually shocked at how cool the sonvs are for a Swift album) ....it works as a Pure Pop/Dance Pop albums as there is MEAT on the bones lyrically too. So either way...Britney is the new Bjork direction OR Britney as true to form Britney .....either way I feel we are owed a genuinely unstoppably great album from the Princess of Pop :-D there must be a plethora of material left over from her last two album sessions.
  • Andy18Andy18 Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    William orbit appranlty posted on fb that we will ahve new britney music in a week or so but then quickly deleted it also a rumor that britney n iggys duet is comin soo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've love it if we all wake up one day to find Britney has rebelled and uploaded "Original Doll" onto itunes without her camp knowing, haha they'd have it deleted and change her wi-fi password within the hour.
    Forum Member
    Andy18 wrote: »
    William orbit appranlty posted on fb that we will ahve new britney music in a week or so but then quickly deleted it also a rumor that britney n iggys duet is comin soo

I heard that album 9 was gonna be surprise released and was called IX, but that didn't seem to be true :( I was hoping at least one of the rumours would be true! I'm in need of new Britney music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually ended up having a CIRCUS day today i always forget how good the album is.

It always reminds me of winter 2008 with all thee rumours an the promo for her "comeback" great event...while of course i wish she went all out....just the fact she promoted it at all was a plus...the gma promo performance was great! Womanizer/Circus i watched my first ever X Factor episode thanks to her lol (double edged sword!) and loved seeing her on stage with my idol Madonna on her Sticky & Sweet Tour right after WOmanizer leaked online...such a cool way to say HEEEEEY i am back!

Another thing while thetour took up most of the time i did wish that more time was spent on videos...another thing i argued on Maonna front with Hard Candy...so much potential so few releases...and unfortunately since 2008 has remained a theme.

ANyways I do hope Britney releases new music soon and is passionate about the music too...though every year its "best i have ever done" and we have the hype of "she is killing it" and then what we get is a bit of a mixed affair of eras.