*The Most Disturbing Scene You Have Seen on TV*

molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
Forum Member
✭✭
i think there used to be a thread like this but it's old and some members are banned since!
So i thought i'd start one, basically what death scene or anything that you find disturbing have you witnessed on TV, it can be from Soaps, to reality tv to whatever you like.

these are just a few of mine

-Richard and Judy: Man with parkinsons was talking about a new gadget that can control him, but when he stopped the gadget he went back to his mode of parkinsons, which completely shocked me as it was like two different people.

-Bad Girls: The Death of Rachel Hicks, i vaguley rememeber this when i was about 9 or 10, and was shocked then, it was quite disturbing for a younger child too see, since then i have become a BG fan and brought the dvd, and still to this day it sends a shiver down my spine.

-Footballers Wives: When Lucy Milligan was Kidnapped by nutcase Giles, with her daughter Angelica and was put in a car in a garage and was left for dead with all the smoke fumes so they could all die together. Very weird gripping scene, quite disturbing as it was just too ... weird.

So guys, what are your disturbing scenes you can remember?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,980
    Forum Member
    A few years ago that children's drama Jeopardy on CBBC freaked me out and I had nightmares for ages-it was about teenagers stranded in Australia not knowing who to trust and they were looking for strange paranormal things.:D
  • Toby LatimerToby Latimer Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything featuring Gillian McKeith poking around in a strangers poo in the interests of 'health' .
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Donna dying in EastEnders. That was scary!
  • grilligrilli Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molybecks wrote: »
    i think there used to be a thread like this but it's old and some members are banned since!
    So i thought i'd start one, basically what death scene or anything that you find disturbing have you witnessed on TV, it can be from Soaps, to reality tv to whatever you like.

these are just a few of mine

-Richard and Judy: Man with parkinsons was talking about a new gadget that can control him, but when he stopped the gadget he went back to his mode of parkinsons, which completely shocked me as it was like two different people.

-Bad Girls: The Death of Rachel Hicks, i vaguley rememeber this when i was about 9 or 10, and was shocked then, it was quite disturbing for a younger child too see, since then i have become a BG fan and brought the dvd, and still to this day it sends a shiver down my spine.

-Footballers Wives: When Lucy Milligan was Kidnapped by nutcase Giles, with her daughter Angelica and was put in a car in a garage and was left for dead with all the smoke fumes so they could all die together. Very weird gripping scene, quite disturbing as it was just too ... weird.

So guys, what are your disturbing scenes you can remember?

surely too young to be watching that anyway?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Quatermass and the Pit'
    Scared me witless.

Mystery and Imagination series, particularly 'Lost Hearts'

'Cathy Come Home' disturbingly depressing.
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grilli wrote: »
    surely too young to be watching that anyway?

Indeed i was, but it was accidental, if that makes sence, my mum used to watch it and i was proberly around in the room and managed to see it.
    Any other disturbing scenes you guys have seen?
  • Channel HopperChannel Hopper Posts: 15,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member

I actually feel more like calling a Japanese whaling ship :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spooks Series 1 where they ducked the girls hand and then face into chip fat before shooting her!!!

Plus a few of the old Hammer House of Horror TV Series episodes, recall one where an old guy murdered his wife and then years later a family bought the house and it was haunted and loads of nasty stuff happened, blood coming from a pipe above the dining table etc etc, seem to recall the young kid eventually coming into the bedroom and stabbing his mum and dad.........still remember it to this day but I am sure I was too young at the time to watch it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night on Britains Biggest Babies on ITV2. The baby girl that was sat in her highchair with a plate of chips full with salt and vinegar and her mother not doing anything about getting her to a healthy normal weight for a child of her age. Made me feel ill just looking at it:eek:
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    It's gotta be the chip pan scene in Spooks - Even my Dad was freaked out :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another Spooks vote here...

Also, Ghostwatch, when they camera pans past the curtain and you see a figure, when it pans back it's gone...

Prison Break series 1, the big riot, when they're breaking down the door to get to Sara... terrifying!
  • SuburbanqueenSuburbanqueen Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    Really weird one for me.........I saw a mouse which had a human ear growing out of its side (for research purposes). It completely freaked me out it was so monstrous. Couldn't get it out of my mind. Even if I had no ear, I still couldn't accept a graft from that.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few of the things from the World's Worst Sex Change Surgeon that was repeated last week deeply disturbed me. Especially the patient waking up on the operating table and screaming - that noise will probably live with me forever.

I found the Dog's head in a bag scene from Trial And Retribution III (I think? It's the one with Richard E. Grant playing the really creepy weirdo), to be quite disturbing. I remember physically jumping when I first saw it. The maggots on DI North creeped me out a bit. Trial and Retribution III was absolutely brilliant, but that part I found really creepy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member
    Beat The Star, with Vernon Kaye, when they had Ahmir Khan & the challenger banging nails into a block of wood. How they called this entertainment fair boggles the mind, very disturbing to think that those in charge at ITV deem this tat fit for broadcasting.

:)
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh also another one for me, Yvonne Atkins being locked in the dark hanging cell in Bad girls, where her moudling rotting corpse was found 6 weeks later.:eek:
  • skyscraper101skyscraper101 Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    seaneeboy wrote: »

Also, Ghostwatch, when they camera pans past the curtain and you see a figure, when it pans back it's gone...

I remember that! That freaked me out when I was like 8 years old!!

What was that one where they showed a live hanging on TV? It looks like its from the 60s or something...that was not pleasant.

Watching the twin towers collapse live on TV was pretty disturbing too.
  • PANNAL1PANNAL1 Posts: 8,905
    Forum Member
    Yvonnes death in Bad Girls
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    molybecks wrote: »
    Oh also another one for me, Yvonne Atkins being locked in the dark hanging cell in Bad girls, where her moudling rotting corpse was found 6 weeks later.:eek:

That's the most criminal thing on TV ever. It was the end of proper Bad Girls. :(
  • tvtimestvtimes Posts: 9,276
    Forum Member
    Years ago in Home and away (yes i know i am sad i used to watch it) one of the girls, Bobby, died in a boating accident and then soon after her ghost appeared in the fridge door! Just her head!
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    tvtimes wrote: »
    Years ago in Home and away (yes i know i am sad i used to watch it) one of the girls, Bobby, died in a boating accident and then soon after her ghost appeared in the fridge door! Just her head!

Your'e sad because you used to watch it? I still do. :D
  • ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ER, when Carter and Lucy were stabbed by the schizophrenic guy. I was only about 13 or 14 at the time, was allowed to stay up late to watch it, and in the end up, I was watching it through my fingers!

Can't think of anything recent, though Barrowman's Glasgow accent disturbed me a bit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ellesworth wrote: »
    ER, when Carter and Lucy were stabbed by the schizophrenic guy. I was only about 13 or 14 at the time, was allowed to stay up late to watch it, and in the end up, I was watching it through my fingers!

Ah yes, never been able to listen to Battleflag by LoFi Allstars the same way since!
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having not long crawled out of bed,I haven't got my brain in gear yet to recall any TV progs, but 2 that immediately came to my mind were from switching on Sky news.

Obviously, the first is 9/11. I switched on the news @ 2pm and saw the first tower on fire, and then shortly after watched in disbelief as the 2nd plane came into view and went into the 2nd tower. Completely shocking, and even now, when any docu's are on TV, and these scenes are shown again, I still sit and watch in disbelief that it happened.

The second is watching the reportings of Holly and Jessica, murdered by Ian Huntley. Watching the details unfold, and with IH being interviewed as an 'innocent' school caretaker in the village, recounting his version of the details and events happening, and then the final shocking announcement that he'd been arrested in connection with their murder was truly awful.

I know that there are many, many news stories that everyone can recall and include within this thread, but these 2 events came immediately to my mind, as I just happened to be watching Sky News at those moments when they were sudden breaking news events, and I can't recall any other events that I've 'witnessed', at the actual time of them happenng.