The Amazing Spiderman Trailer

Comments

• RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I think it looks good, it is coming out far too close to the previous films and I think a lot of casual viewers won't be interested and will confused.
  • RoonilWazlibRoonilWazlib Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    I think it looks awesome - really looking forward to it :D
  • billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    Felt rather bored in the trailer which is strange
    compared to this which excites me even today might have to watch it tonight:D
  • lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but it doesn't look like it'll even come close to this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enmFqm_N_ZE
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    too dark and angsty for me

either the trailer is good and is indicative of the movie in which case ill definitely give it a miss

or the trailers wildly missed the tone of the movie in which case and hopefully theyll make a better 2nd one.
  • ZariusZarius Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    I don't like it I prefer Toby McGuire spidey. It was lighthearted fun why does every super hero film now have to have a dark element to it:confused:

Because any real interpretation of Spider-Man is a healthy mixture of light-heartedness AND dark subject matter.

The Raimi movies don't represent Spider-Man well at all. Cartoonish drivel. This is getting it a bit more right, giving it a proper sense of virisimiltude.
    lala wrote: »
    I'm sorry but it doesn't look like it'll even come close to this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enmFqm_N_ZE

It already seems better than that overrated rubbish. Explain to me what people see in the Raimi junk please, as it's obvious they werent raised on a single solitary issue of Spider-Man.
    The reboot's necessary because they've decided to stay closer to the source material. Gwen Stacy, not Mary-Jane Watson, mechanical web-shooters not organic. A good decision if you're a hardcore Spider-Man fan. Maybe this time, when we get MJ, we'll get a seriously hot, NATURAL red-head!!! Give it a go, it'll be fun!!! Face it tigers, you just hit the jackpot!!!!

I hope when we get MJ, she actually ACTS like MJ, aka the go-free party girl spoiler who gradually evolves into the best friend/confidante. I don't know what the Raimi drivel were attempting with MJ, but that wasnt true to her comics character.

Let's hope they get Gwen a little bit right too...looks like she'll be patterned off of the Gwen from the recent Spidey cartoon (science nerd)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    The trailer looks great. As a big, big Spider-Man fan, I was worried that they were rebooting the series so soon. But I'm already pretty psyched about this one. (And really happy they are going with web shooters. Hopefully they get Peter Parker's wit down this time.)
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zarius wrote: »
    It already seems better than that overrated rubbish. Explain to me what people see in the Raimi junk please, as it's obvious they werent raised on a single solitary issue of Spider-Man.

I hope when we get MJ, she actually ACTS like MJ, aka the go-free party girl spoiler who gradually evolves into the best friend/confidante. I don't know what the Raimi drivel were attempting with MJ, but that wasnt true to her comics character

Agreed..

the sam rami ones were disappointing and not very good at all besides number 2.
    Im looking forward to the reboot, i think it looks much better.

toby maguire sucks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    The trailer looks great. As a big, big Spider-Man fan, I was worried that they were rebooting the series so soon. But I'm already pretty psyched about this one. (And really happy they are going with web shooters. Hopefully they get Peter Parker's wit down this time.)

I thought you would hate Spider-man the amount of times he has kicked your a*se :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it, but its going to be a bit de ja vu next year with Spiderman and the Hobbits hitting the cinemas again, just like 2002.

Perhaps someone could re-boot the Star Wars prequels and it will be even bigger smiles from me.:p

I will miss Toby M in the role though.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    The trailer looks cool, but it does look quite the same as the first one ... I'm hoping they get the 'how he becomes Spidey' over with pretty quick and then get into the story ...

I suppose its the villain who'll make or break the film for me, the bad guy is just as important as the good guy and I hope they leave out the cheese ...

Also delighted that Kirsten and Tobey are gone as they were just annoying pests .... can't stand them !!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Trailer looks epic apart from that really bad playstation Spider-man POV bit i really hope that isnt in the actual movie! And the movie really dont have a standard to live up to comapred to the last Spider-man movies!
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was only supportive of Amazing Spiderman because i believed the film would be creativily different from the original 3. But Its appears this is an updated version, rather than a retelling or alternative version of the story. There even identical scenes from the original. Regardless, i still intend to watch the film, even though the trailer failed to inspire me.
    Forum Member
    007Fusion wrote: »
    I was only supportive of Amazing Spiderman because i believed the film would be creativily different from the original 3. But Its appears this is an updated version, rather than a retelling or alternative version of the story. There even identical scenes from the original. Regardless, i still intend to watch the film, even though the trailer failed to inspire me.

Where are the identical scenes I must have missed them?
    Forum Member

i think he might be on about the wall climbing scene in the alleyway and the jumping off of buildings with street below scene which really are stupid things to have in this movie. If its a new retelling of the story rather then a remake the idea is to make the audience think its a new story with new ideas not to get them to think ohh i remember that scene from the original films:)
    Forum Member
    i think he might be on about the wall climbing scene in the alleyway and the jumping off of buildings with street below scene which really are stupid things to have in this movie. If its a new retelling of the story rather then a remake the idea is to make the audience think its a new story with new ideas not to get them to think ohh i remember that scene from the original films:)

Well I just watched the official trailer again, and the alley scene looks nothing like the one of the first spider-man. And the POV thing I can see people disliking it, the first time I saw it I thought people will be moaning. But come one again the scene hasn't got Peter whooping and hollering as he jumps buildings.

But seriously you don't think Climbing walls and jumping off buildings should be in a Spider-man film, well it is like complaining that Batman uses the gadgets.
    Forum Member
    Well I just watched the official trailer again, and the alley scene looks nothing like the one of the first spider-man. And the POV thing I can see people disliking it, the first time I saw it I thought people will be moaning. But come one again the scene hasn't got Peter whooping and hollering as he jumps buildings.

But seriously you don't think Climbing walls and jumping off buildings should be in a Spider-man film, well it is like complaining that Batman uses the gadgets.

Well yes obviously he should be able to use his abilitys but there has got to be other ways of showing them off rather then just using all the material from the previous films:)
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I may have exaggrerated using the term identical, maybe the word similar would be more suited. But the scenes that feature Peter/ Spiderman climbing the walls and the running on rooftops, like a previous poster mentioned, was done in the first film. Spiderman can use his abilites but they can be showcased in a different way to an auidence, that are reminesint of the first original films.
  • DaccoDacco Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought the trailer was very "Mirrors Edge"..........Bit soon to be re-hashing this storey me thinks.
  • pzboyzpzboyz Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EVILSPEAK wrote: »
    Can't Hollywood just, quite safely, assume we all pretty much know how it happened?...

You mean just as they did in the 1st of the Tobey Maguire versions fo this story, which really are not so old. As another poster stated, this is too soon to be remaking this series. I for one am not ready to go pay the sill cinema prices to go see this yet. This is going to bomb at the cinema but probably do OK on DVD/Rental/PPV.
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    It will never bomb. This film will be a success, it's just a question of how big.
  • Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UrMyStar wrote: »
    The end sequence from spider-man's POV reminded me of Mirror's Edge.

I heard this comment from someone else last night after watching the trailer on the DS comment section below the trailer, so just checked out the trailer for the game.

Mirror's Edge Trailer

and my God!! its totally is the same. They have been completely inspired by the game :)

Don't know what to actually think of this reboot. I love the Raimi's 3 movies very much. I realise that cast and writers disbanded, but I think the main reason Spiderman is being rebooted is because the 3rd got such bad reviews.

And i don't think that's grounds to reboot something.

Dont want to watch it, but I properly will do. But not expecting much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remaking a 10 year old film. Seriously, talk about running out of ideas.
  • lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will never bomb. This film will be a success, it's just a question of how big.

It wont be as big as The Dark Knight Rises surely? Well to be fair, I don't think any film next summer will be able to match the hype of that film anyways.