Best X Factor winner considering post show material?

felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
Forum Member
Vote for your favorite winner, considering how much he delivered after he built a platform out of the show.

Which one? 152 votes

Steve Brookstein
1% 3 votes
Shayne Ward
2% 4 votes
Leona Lewis
47% 72 votes
Leon Jackson
0% 1 vote
Alexandra Burke
9% 15 votes
Joe McElderry
6% 10 votes
Matt Cardle
5% 9 votes
Little Mix
21% 32 votes
James Arthur
3% 6 votes

Comments

• 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Between Alexandra Leona Little Mix and James Arthur .
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Well considering the type of music I like Matt, Leona and James. Leona for the epic operatic pop. Matt for the amazing indie rock. James for the good old urban pop stuff.

My favorite would have to be Leona too...ever since she released Glassheart - Fireflies and Glassheart have been listened to every other day AT LEAST.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brookstein no contest.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've all been a bit hit and miss (I've liked a couple of Leona and Alexandra's singles but not been into their whole bodies of work) but the closest for me is probably Little Mix. They've released some good pure pop stuff that doesn't take itself too seriously.
  • Ronell_DavisRonell_Davis Posts: 4,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only ones I like are Leona James Little Mix and Alexandra.
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona and Alexandra
  • JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona, Alexandra, Little Mix
  • LeonagwenLeonagwen Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona lewis!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Matt because I like indie pop.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alexandra and Leona for me.

I have liked Little Mix's single aswell though.
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona for me! There's been such a variety of stuff on each of her albums and her voice is just beautiful.

I also think Alexandra, Little Mix & James have all had pretty good post-XF releases.

I'm not a huge fan of LM or James, but I've had their albums on at work, and they've got it 'right' with their sound I think. LM though are at least showing progression into their second album and sound a lot more polished, and more 'expensive' and I'm really enjoying what I've heard so far (much more than their debut!)

The others, I've just never really been that keen on. A lot of the time, I feel like they missed the mark with the 'winners album's sound'... I mean I didn't really 'like' any of the others anyway, they just weren't my cup of tea :) (but I'm always open to trying new albums!)
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe hasn't sold on the scale of some others, but he's made four albums and will be releasing a fifth - more than some winners :confused:
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's Alexandra and Leona. I think Spirit and Overcome are the best albums to have come from the show.

Overcome was managed by RocNation and the material was of really high quality for a reality contestant. The same for Leona and her debut with input from Clive Davis. These albums broke the mould.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would probably go Little Mix.
    I will always have a soft spot for Leon Jackson. Might not of been the best singer but his voice was lovely.
    And some of Leona. Well her first era I loved.
  • burbeburbe Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My opinions on each of these, in order...

01 Alexandra Burke [my personal favourite taste; I LOVE her free EP that she released not too long ago as well as her first album. Her second album was not too bad either though!]
    02 Leona Lewis [so many classes]
    03 Little Mix [Very versatile and they have really marketed themselves well]
    04 James Arthur [So far doing well, some lovely songs on the album. Will be interesting if he keeps the standard though!]
    05 Matt Cardle [A bit hit and miss, but when he hits, he hits!]
    a massive gap of quality
    06 Shayne Ward
    07 Joe McElderry
    08 Leon Jackson
    09 Steve Brookstein
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona any day!!!
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve and Joe I haven't enjoyed anything they've done.

I actually think Leon's comeback single is very underrated. But other than that I don't know anything else that he's done.
    James's comeback single is fantastic, but time will tell if he can hold it up.

Shayne's stuff was hit and miss but mostly hit. No Promises and No U Hang Up are great.

Leona's stuff is good but not stuff id choose to listen to over and over. Run is my favourite song of hers, I also love Hurt and Footprints In The Sand but other than that she's just a bit too safe for me.

Little Mix have done so well, I love pretty much all of what they've released so far.

But my favourite is Alexandra, she has released some GREAT songs. Even her winners single is amazing.
  • Chippy ChipsChippy Chips Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona, but I did like quite a number of Shayne's tracks! 'Something Worth Living For' is amazing :D Should've been a single!
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    voted for Little Mix because of the whole package
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    actually because of their new album, Id avise all non fans or people who voted for them because of their rnb influences to listen when it comes out this sunday..
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Leona by far.
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Between Little Mix and Matt Cardle for me.
    Leona...she's okay I guess, I like Run and Trouble
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexandra,Leona and LM