RIP Jimmy Savile

Comments

• eyesw/outafaceeyesw/outaface Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    He was known to tell a fib or two.

Delusions of grandeur and a fantasist is you ask me.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KidPoker wrote: »
    Not one shred of evidence?

There is a well known photo of Mr. Saville at a care home where vulnerable children were abused, killed and buried in the cellar.

Mr. Saville denies ever going there, yet photos do not lie "Jim Fixed It For Us".

He said he didn't remember it, it was a very long time ago and it was one day in many when he visited children. Why does he being there once and part of his job mean he is somehow implicated. The local milkman visited that home, so did many,many different people are they all accused of killing children? Or just Mr Saville. The legal intervention with that photo is presisly because it is the sort of story that sticks even if it is utterly untrue. The fact that Truthseekers claim the truth, says that it most likely not.
    Mr Saville was allowed to work with the people in Broadmoor because he has a brilliant and sound mind, if he had been like them, he could never have done that. He had the trust of Prince Charles because he was discreet and would never sell him out to the press. He worked with children. People seem to take what he said literally, like he hated children, rather than the fact he was saying things to boast his image as an odd character. If he hated children why did he make tv programmes about keep them safe and dangers in the home?
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did he say he hated children, yet visit schools, hospitals and care homes visiting children?
  • eyesw/outafaceeyesw/outaface Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    Why did he say he hated children, yet visit schools, hospitals and care homes visiting children?

Suppose it's like saying you hate your day to day job, doing the same activities almost daily or at the very least weekly. It was effectly his life until the day he died.
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh well if someone says it, it's bound to be true.
  • CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You do realise this all came out of his own mouth?

Strange thing to want to lie about.

Presumably he also gave the name of the club which wasn't the dance hall located on the ground floor where he worked and ironically where there wouldn't have been far to fall.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    May he rest in Peace.
  • plymeverton1878plymeverton1878 Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cressida wrote: »
    Presumably he also gave the name of the club which wasn't the dance hall located on the ground floor where he worked and ironically where there wouldn't have been far to fall.

Dont quite know what you are talking about.

All I have mentioned is what he has said himself. Tying up troublemakers in the boiler room to deal with them after hours.
  • CupidStunt2010CupidStunt2010 Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought they found human remains there?

Yeah they found a piece of coconut and some ancient bones lol
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1084985/4m-Jersey-House-Horrors-investigation-shut-police-chiefs-admit-NO-children-murdered.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_child_abuse_investigation_2008
    Another 4 million pounds of tax payers money down the drain
  • The ManglerThe Mangler Posts: 1,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • ajmanajman Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Character assassination of anyone who is a little eccentric: makes you proud to be British.

R.I.P. J.S.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah lol its funny isnt it

try these links

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/feb/26/ukcrime.childprotection1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1040033/Remains-children-Jersey-care-home--killers-escape-justice.html

Regardless of whether there is or isnt any involvement by stars who recently died, to joke about kids being systematically abused is sick :mad:
    Did you even bother to read the links that i posted?
    Those links you provided are early reports from 2008
    Its 2011 now, not 2008... time for you to keep up to date :rolleyes:

Read these more upto date links:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1084985/4m-Jersey-House-Horrors-investigation-shut-police-chiefs-admit-NO-children-murdered.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_child_abuse_investigation_2008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There is a well known photo of Mr. Saville at a care home where vulnerable children were abused, killed and buried in the cellar.

Mr. Saville denies ever going there, yet photos do not lie "Jim Fixed It For Us".
    :rolleyes: Check the links in my post #488
    No children murdered!
    BTW nice user name :eek:
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So anyone who happens to have been to a place where abuse or a crime may have occurred is automatically guilty of being involved are they ?? If so the courts and prisons would be full .

And he did not recall being there , and after all it was 30 years before.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a Savile erection on the cards for Leeds-a permanent memorial, that is.

Plus, his funeral's taking place in the cathedral, so it'll be quite a biggy, notwithstanding the 'loner' image.

Also, he looked surprisingly fit, even days before his death-photos having just been published.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2055774/Jimmy-Savile-dead-Last-picture-TV-radio-icon-taken-days-death.html#comments
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

skp20040 wrote: »
    So anyone who happens to have been to a place where abuse or a crime may have occurred is automatically guilty of being involved are they ?? If so the courts and prisons would be full .

And he did not recall being there , and after all it was 30 years before.

I get the impression from newspaper reports that there must be few care homes in the UK that have not had some sort of accusation against them over the last thirty or forty years. This one is different because of the wild claims made against it which have stuck even though no evidence was found.
  • Hybrid telliesHybrid tellies Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He will always be remembered for his flamboyant style both on the radio and telly.and the amazing amount of money he raised for various charities. RIP Jimmy Saville.
  • bbnutnutbbnutnut Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave1979 wrote: »
    I used to love watching Jim'll Fix it in the 80's but looking back some of them were so naff! They couldn't do it nowadays as the cost of the kids requests would be astronomical! Simpler times!

Funnily enough there's a series of programmes being made here in Ireland for RTE based on Jim'll Fix It which is to be called Jedward's Dream Factory. My son and his mates were in the audience for the first show's filming a couple of weeks ago (not sure when it's airing). The requests from the kids were to pilot a plane, be a radio presenter for a day and ride a racehorse - so not too expensive.

Not to be flippant but I do wonder if the thought of Jedward doing a remake finished poor Jimmy off.

RIP Jimmy Saville.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :rolleyes: Check the links in my post #488
    No children murdered!
    BTW nice user name :eek:
    Do you honestly think that if it was found out that Saville was a link between the Jersey home and the yachts of the likes of Heath and Mountbatten, as alleged, it would be allowed to come out? Of course it might all be BS but some people are very naive if they don't think cover-ups of this kind do occur. Look at the church for one example.

Also, makes you wonder what these three policemen knew, all supposedly killed themselves, around the time the Jersey scandal was breaking, within 4 days of each other. It's also been alleged that Munro was investigating the yachting community concerning Jersey. Richard Fuller was a Royal protection officer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-533416/Police-inspectors-body-washed-exclusive-beachfront-jumped-ferry.html

And http://www.southwarknews.co.uk/00,news,12156,440,00.htm

I really wouldn't be surprised if there was a link to a paedophile ring and certain children's homes. Mainly Jersey, North Wales, Islington and Northern Ireland.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you honestly think that if it was found out that Saville was a link between the Jersey home and the yachts of the likes of Heath and Mountbatten, as alleged, it would be allowed to come out? Of course it might all be BS but some people are very naive if they don't think cover-ups of this kind do occur. Look at the church for one example.

Yeah, cover-ups definitely happen in life. If Jimmy Savile had nothing to do with any of this, I hope it's shown/proven. If he did though, then I hope this is also proven as well. Cover-ups definitely happen though, usually to protect someone with a LOT to lose, or, for example, someone wanting to protect the image of their family and ascendants. If anything did happen and the cover-up was created by very influential and powerful people, his image will never be tarnished.
  • brumlad36brumlad36 Posts: 2,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read on here that Jimmy was not spoken of kindly in Jersey. RIP Jimmy.

Read this http://www.thisisjersey.com/news/2011/10/31/farewell-sir-jim/ From the Jersey Evening Post.

Chris.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brumlad36 wrote: »

Read this http://www.thisisjersey.com/news/2011/10/31/farewell-sir-jim/ From the Jersey Evening Post.

Chris.

There was nothing there to suggest that he wasn't liked.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Chris.

That is beautiful....It amazes me that people take everything he said literally....Did anyone ever come forward, saying "I was tied up by Jimmy Savile" and sell their story to The Sun?
    Is it possible he was winding people up when he said that and playing up to the perception that he was odd?
    He had a high IQ and great knowledge of human psychology. He knows people would believe thinks without thinking them through...Like his claim to have had Christmas' with Margaret and Dennis Thatcher......

There is no doubt that something horrible happened in Jersey but the idea that Jimmy Saville was involved is the issue and never more than a nasty insinuation.
    His job at both Broadmoor and both hospitals would have required stringent checks on him.
  • brumlad36brumlad36 Posts: 2,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    There was nothing there to suggest that he wasn't liked.

My point exactly.

Chris.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My point exactly.

Chris.

I thought your first line meant in the link. It's obvious now that this wasn't the case.