3DS 'An error has occurred' screen

IzakIzak Posts: 3,452
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I received my Nintendo 3DS yesterday from ShopTo.net. It worked perfectly fine yesterday and all of today while playing on it, however around at around 6:30pm this evening, I was just in the camera application and had pressed the 'Home' button when a black screen appeared telling me an error had occurred and to power off the 3DS then power it back on again. Thinking it was a one off, I just turned it off and back on again, everything was fine.

A bit later on I came back to the 3DS and went into the Mii application and almost straight away the error came up again. This time I turned off the power, removed both the SD and Game Card and put them back in again (just in case either was loose). I then continued on the 3DS going in and out of different applications to test it, everything worked fine for quite a while until now when I was just in the Mii application again and was just exiting it when the same error appeared.

I don't understand why all of a sudden it is doing this, after all the time I've played on it last night and today without a problem.

I did update the firmware last night but it worked fine all today with the new firmware.

Has anyone else had this problem? Could it be a firmware bug? I played on the AR games, Face Raiders and Pilot Wings quite a bit last night and today and they were fine. So far its only happened in the camera and Mii applications.

Comments

• IzakIzak Posts: 3,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been playing on Pilot Wings and Face Raider for the past few hours and haven't had the problem again. Also went into Mii and Camera channels several times, all worked ok.

The only thing I've done is reformat the SD card to FAT32 as someone suggested doing on another forum for a similar DSi problem.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi,

you aren't alone, in fact, this problem is also mminent on other games. Nintendo 3DS Problems

So far, Nintendo is being contacted for any solutions for this glitch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your replies.

I've also posted this question on the Official Nintendo Magazine Forums: http://forums.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79531 and have had a large number of people replying with the same problem.

We're thinking it is a firmware problem at the moment as it is so random.

Touch wood I've not had the error again since Saturday evening.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    As I posted elsewhere, I've had this error 4 times now all while playing Ghost Recon, having already updated the system, so it seems to me that that does not fix it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I posted elsewhere, I've had this error 4 times now all while playing Ghost Recon, having already updated the system, so it seems to me that that does not fix it.

From what we've discussed on the Nintendo Magazine forums, the majority of people affected by this error have upgraded to the new firmware. A few people who haven't had the error have said they're still on the original firmware.

I haven't got Ghost Recon, but I've seen a few people mention errors occurring on it and the Rayman 3D game. I've got Pilot Wings and never had any problems with that in-game. The errors have all appeared on the Home menu/Mii/Camera channels with me.