How do i keep myself signed in to the internet

HDMIHDMI Posts: 1,346
Forum Member
✭✭✭
When I tick the little box that says keep signed in when using internet it does not keep me signed in and I keep having to repeatedly sign in again any advice please

Comments

• davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    What browser do you use? You have to enable cookies.
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HDMI wrote: »
    When I tick the little box that says keep signed in when using internet it does not keep me signed in and I keep having to repeatedly sign in again any advice please
    Signed in to what? Your ISP, email, a web site?

Do you mean 'Internet' or Internet Explorer?
  • evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    Is it definitely not being signed in that is the problem or is your internet/network connection going down? You need to tell us which 'little box' you are talking about and anything else you think might be important so we can diagnose the problem correctly for you. As good as some of us (not me when it comes to networks) are, we need some details, such as those Stig suggested.
  • Weigh-ManWeigh-Man Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As Davor said, you need to have cookies enabled.

It's the cookies that store your log in info, check to see if there enabled in your browser and if they are also check that your browser isn't set to delete them after you close it.
  • radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use private browsing in Firefox which does not store things like cookies
    I have no problem signing into web sites & can carry out internet banking as well
    Forum Member
    davor and radioanorak, you are just assuming it's cookies without knowing what the problem is. HDMI where are you?
  • HDMIHDMI Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's on Internet explorer sign in page it asks login then password and below that the box to tick to stay logged in
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HDMI.
    I think you are confused
    Internet Explorer should not be asking you to sign in.
    Its more likely to be your operating system
    ie. XP. Windows 7 or Vista etc
    In which case you need to got to your user accounts in control panel to check the settings
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HDMI.
    I think you are confused
    Internet Explorer should not be asking you to sign in.
    Its more likely to be your operating system
    ie. XP. Windows 7 or Vista etc
    In which case you need to got to your user accounts in control panel to check the settings

It's just a website. Of course HDMI wouldn't tell us which one.
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's on Internet explorer sign in page
    Try changing your IE home page to
    about:blank
    then it won't try to access a web site whenever you run it.
  • Tinky-WinkyTinky-Winky Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Hi HDMI,

You could try using a 3rd party password manager like LastPass that has an auto login feature.

TW
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to be blunt but reading his other posts HDMI seems clueless.
    His operating system is Windows 8 & I still believe its that giving him problems logging in on his laptop
    Or it could be www.play.com giving him the problem
  • HDMIHDMI Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Problem solved it was the cookies thank for the help Iam sorry I appear to be clueless iam and I cant help that That's why I come to digital spy so often
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit of punctuation helps too.

Check out the keys below 'k' and 'l' on your keyboard.
    Forum Member
    My humble apologies to the posters who suggested cookies. I'll be calling the taskbar the status bar next!
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I use private browsing in Firefox which does not store things like cookies
    I have no problem signing into web sites & can carry out internet banking as well

And why, may I ask, do you use private browsing? Do you use it for *those* websites? :D
  • Ivor BiggunIvor Biggun Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And why, may I ask, do you use private browsing? Do you use it for *those* websites? :D
    I suppose it's understandable, who would want anyone to find out you've been browsing the Apple site.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    ...sorry I appear to be clueless iam and I cant help that...

You could always try and learn...
    Forum Member
    I suppose it's understandable, who would want anyone to find out you've been browsing the Apple site.

I don't mind anyone knowing about the Apple site (in fact it enhances my reputation), but I'm talking about other certain websites people might often use private browsing for ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use private browsing simply because I dont want tracking cookies or Google spying on me.
    ' Certain web sites ' hold no interest for me
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Problem solved it was the cookies thank for the help Iam sorry I appear to be clueless iam and I cant help that That's why I come to digital spy so often

Don't worry about it, we've all got to start somewhere :)
    Forum Member
    I use private browsing simply because I dont want tracking cookies or Google spying on me.

Phew, that's a relief :D
  • wsgwsg Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Grouty thank you for those kind words its nice to know some people are understanding
  • call100call100 Posts: 7,264
    Forum Member

This is easily achieved without using 'Private browsing'.....:)
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never mind helping people, but one thing that really gets my back up is when they don't bother to describe the problem properly.

I wouldn't care if the person has little or no technical knowledge,l it's the inability to walk us through what they are doing to get the problem. It requires little or no technical knowledge to at least try and describe the issue well, otherwise we're just guessing and it takes much longer.