Bosses can't afford both Nicole Scherzinger and Sharon Osbourne

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
Forum Member
✭✭
According to sources who claim to be in the know, producers can’t meet both Nicole and Sharon’s big pay demands.

Read more: http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-x-factor/144973-x-factor-2013-judges-bosses-cant-afford-both-nicole-scherzinger-and-sharon-osbourne.html#ixzz2S8Jrdcy4

Comments

• 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Sack 'em both.

It's not as if they're overflowing with transferable skills, and it will teach them for being so damn greedy. It's not like either of them are even A-List celebrities who are the top of their field and therefore have some right to command such high pay.
  • jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sack 'em both.

It's not as if they're overflowing with transferable skills, and it will teach them for being so damn greedy. It's not like either of them are even A-List celebrities who are the top of their field and therefore have some right to command such high pay.

I suppose Nicole has an excuse to ask for more money, considering she took her category into 1st, 2nd and 5th place last year and was only paid £750,000 which is considerably less than what Louis Walsh is paid. Maybe she's not worth as high as £1.7million, but £1.2million would be a reasonable price if I was in charge. Sharon is definitely not worth paying £1.5million for, despite how much I enjoyed her on X Factor in the past.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    With the rate things are going, I`m kinda wanting the exact SERIES 9 panel to be back. I love Sharon but I highly doubt that she is the saving grace of the show. I feel that she`s demanding too much and her demands won`t meet what`s expected from her.

And I do agree with 21stCenturyBoy, sacking them both would teach them a lesson not to be greedy at all. Nicole is undoubtedly a star but that pay is too much. Sharon`s demand is also too much. And her using "Leaving The Talk" as a reason for the pay raise is BS. TXF is a better opportunity than TT. It`s not like she`s gonna lose a massive opportunity when she leaves The Talk.

Keep the same panel but tell them to do better. I`d gladly see Nicole and Tulisa back than Sharon and Louis.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These are all just stories designed to keep the media circus ticking over until the show starts officially. The producers already know who the judges are going to be. The judges already know who the judges are going to be. Of course they know. There's only a few weeks to go. And most people have worked out that it will be Louis, Gary, Nicole and Sharon, hence the endless 'will they won't they' stories on Sharon and Nicole especially. Notice it's always the female judges that get that treatment, because they're the ones the public are interested in.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackamakka wrote: »
    I suppose Nicole has an excuse to ask for more money, considering she took her category into 1st, 2nd and 5th place last year and was only paid £750,000 which is considerably less than what Louis Walsh is paid. Maybe she's not worth as high as £1.7million, but £1.2million would be a reasonable price if I was in charge. Sharon is definitely not worth paying £1.5million for, despite how much I enjoyed her on X Factor in the past.

I doubt the people who actually found the songs and sorted out the arrangements, spoke to her contestants everyday, filmed their VT's, did the staging and choreography... are getting anything close to £750,000. The mentoring part doesn't really matter.

Any of them asking for a raise after a year where ratings fell 20% are being pretty ambitious. It's all very well saying Nicole was popular - plainly not enough that it actually helped the show. To an extent I think Gary, Tulisa and Nicole are all damaged goods, tainted by the failure of the past two series.I feel like they've maybe become a bit complacent - almost forgotten just how bad the ratings were last November. The plan seems to be to bring in one new judge, a rather tame solution to a huge problem.

I think they'd toss Nicole (again!) in order to get Sharon back. Mrs O does actually have some career options and has been working for Syco for as long as the company has existed. Much like Louis - hence why he is handsomely rewarded.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    I hope they don't give Nicole the money she's asking for, if the story is true. I'm not a fan of hers at all so I'd be more than happy if she wasn't on the show. I know she's popular here but I think I just didn't get her humour, I found her very awkward, cringeworthy and over the top throughout the programme.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they should give nicole whatever she demands
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think ITV have a choice but to pay her what she wants at this stage.
  • dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should just keep Tulisa tbh. Especially if she's only asking for £500k.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis Walsh gets over a million?

For what? Being a dated out of touch closet lurker?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    sharon is so annoying. I hope they don't pay what she's asking
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good as I always said we will get rid of Osbourne
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like Sharon and I'm looking forward to her returning, but I do think that with the format changes and trying to give the show a new identity, they should go back to having just 3 judges for a while and a Gary, Nicole & Louis panel would be more than adequate.

In terms of attracting a big name to the show, Nicole is about as big as it gets for the UK show. The show hit its peak after Sharon left, she she can't be that good.