Alexandra Burke Now Replacing Tulisa?

String9String9 Posts: 12,508
Forum Member
✭✭

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I don`t want tulisa to go as I love her, but alexandra burke is possibly one of the worst replacements you could think of!! :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    I don`t want tulisa to go as I love her, but alexandra burke is possibly one of the worst replacements you could think of!! :(

you forgot to say ".com" ;)
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why people slate her stint so much. She had less the 24 hours to prepare for a live show of the biggest show on tv. I thought she handled it exceptionally. She was funny, witty, had banter with the other judges. So what if she came across a little, ok, a lot excited. I would rather Alexandra's over the top enthusiasm rather Tulisa's suicidal sulkiness any day
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't call being rude to Louis 'banter'. She was just extremely, let's say, 'confident' and the "dot com" was the icing on the cake of a very extraordinary show.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her stint was one of the highlights of that series. She got her own back on Louis for all his nasty comments about her and she was the only judge that dared to be honest. She's controversial and got everyone talking about her and the show, she trended worldwide on Twitter after her appearances. She's not boring like other guest judges and judges were, she's feisty and spiced up the panel.

But I'd prefer if she concentrated on her upcoming 3rd album rather than going for a judging stint. It wouldn't necessarily help her career as Tulisa showed.
  • joaniponijoaniponi Posts: 4,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope not: Alexandra has such a brilliant voice, one of the best out there: I just want to hear her new music! No distractions!
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member
    Alex was disastrous at her guest stint, but she is the only judge to make her debut on a live show. I saw Nicole Scherzinger's debut in Manchester as a guest judge in 2010 because I was in the audience and she was equally bad if not worse but edited to appear well. If she is selected give her a chance to settle into the role.
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Her stint was one of the highlights of that series. She got her own back on Louis for all his nasty comments about her and she was the only judge that dared to be honest. She's controversial and got everyone talking about her and the show, she trended worldwide on Twitter after her appearances. She's not boring like other guest judges and judges were, she's feisty and spiced up the panel.

But I'd prefer if she concentrated on her upcoming 3rd album rather than going for a judging stint. It wouldn't necessarily help her career as Tulisa showed.

you took that all out of my mouth
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you took that all out of my mouth

Lmao...:p I think considering she was only told she would be on the show a few hours beforehand, she did amazingly well. She was obviously nervous, but she did a great job and made her mark on the show. It's says something when people are still talking about her stint even now.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Lol, you lot need to calm down...
    Alexandra Burke ‏@alexandramusic
    Some reporters love 2 get my word mixed up. I've never EVER said I have wanted to replace Tulisa on XF. Take a chill pill &come better
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    Lol, you lot need to calm down...

So does who ever wrote the article in the OP lmao...you'd think she murdered a member of the audience live on air the way they are getting on. I'm glad she cleared it up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    LOL people have made up their minds about Alexandra so it doesn't matter what she does. As others have said, i'd rather she didn't take up a judging role though, no distractions from her 3rd album please!

P.s. very good point inmyarms...people think its easy to just turn up at a live show with no scripts. Can you imagine Gary Barlow without his scripted 'banter'?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think an appearence by her would probably mark the end of the show dot.com
  • amanda daisyamanda daisy Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    Gomz wrote: »
    LOL people have made up their minds about Alexandra so it doesn't matter what she does. As others have said, i'd rather she didn't take up a judging role though, no distractions from her 3rd album please!

P.s. very good point inmyarms...people think its easy to just turn up at a live show with no scripts. Can you imagine Gary Barlow without his scripted 'banter'?

If you'd have heard him in interviews, you'd see that he's actually holding back on X Factor. He can give some cutting replies, leaving no room for a comeback. Not to mention that he's hilarious when he starts doing impressions. I'm quite sure that none of his lines were scripted - he's been like this since the 90s. Even his bandmates have sometimes been at the end of his witty remarks. He was, after the TT comeback, more reserved-for obvious reasons- but he then reversed to his old self. There could be a book of the funny stuff that came out of this man's mouth.

If all the lines on X Factor were scripted, then how come only his are actually funny? Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of X Factor and I'd rather see Gary not associated with the show, but I don't think they actually tell them what to say. They may suggest to expand on a topic or other - as Gary has already said on the Jonathan Ross show - but they don't put words into their mouth. There could be a book of the funny stuff that came out of this man's mouth.
  • IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If they're scripted can they sack the writer responsible for Louis Walsh's inane ramblings then please.:D
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @alexandramusic: 14hrs

"Some reporters love 2 get my word mixed up. I've never EVER said I have wanted to replace Tulisa on XF. Take a chill pill &come better"

Get the words right.com she said
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked her as a judge and if it were to happen I believe she would settle into the role before live shows and win people over, but I suppose I would prefer her to concentrate on music at the minute.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her music career is basically dead now. IMO no artist can recover from such huge flop and even being a judge wouldn't help her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    frank5 wrote: »
    Her music career is basically dead now. IMO no artist can recover from such huge flop and even being a judge wouldn't help her.

If it was dead, she wouldn't be recording a new album in the US right now. :)
  • Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    frank5 wrote: »

thats true, they would get someone else as a judge like jimmy savol :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    If it was dead, she wouldn't be recording a new album in the US right now. :)

I understand that you want to stay positive :) but even if she releases it, i can't see how she could be successful again.. her second album was a complete disaster and i don't know many examples how an artist could recover after such lows. but maybe she will be an exception. who knows ;)
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think x factor could help Alex's career as she has been out of the limelight a bit.
    An it is where she started and we know she can sing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    POP/RNB are probably the most fickle genres of music, which is where Alex is concentrating. You could be top dog today and dogsbody the next...and back again. If she has a good team behind her, you can bet the sheeple will buy her music...

Chris brown did much worse and is still working today,..
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    POP/RNB are probably the most fickle genres of music, which is where Alex is concentrating. You could be top dog today and dogsbody the next...and back again. If she has a good team behind her, you can bet the sheeple will buy her music...

Chris brown did much worse and is still working today,..

Exactly. She had one bomb album.It's not like she had a lot of lows or killed someone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some reporters love 2 get my word mixed up. I've never EVER said I have wanted to replace Tulisa on XF. Take a chill pill &come better

Potty mouth. :o