Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• cheesebigginscheesebiggins Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Now is Good- Incredible film. Truely emotional throughout and the love and chemistry between the 2 main characters was great to watch. Fantastic cast and film all round! (10/10)
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Short circuit - 5/10

Moonrise Kingdom - 8/10. Quirky and a good story
  • SpacedoneSpacedone Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confession Of Murder - 8/10

Korean film about a serial killer who reveals his identify in a book after the Statute Of Limitations on his crimes runs out.

Pretty good film although the plot wasn't that hard to work out.

Castaway On The Moon - 10/10

A brilliant film with Amelie-like levels of quirky joy. The film is about a man who tries to commit suicide by jumping off a bridge only to end up stranded on an island in the middle of the river. Meanwhile a reclusive and somewhat child-like women who hasn't left her bedroom in years spots the man on the island through a telescope and she watches him, thinking he's an alien, as he builds himself a new life on his island.

Sounds (and is) weird but it's also very funny and heartwarming.
  • sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Case 39 - by the numbers Omen rip off. Enjoyed it though 6.66/10
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Showgirls - 10/10

It's reached cult status now, and its bloody brilliant. I love how every single thing 'Noomi' does is sooo dramatic, every movement. It's the funniest thing I've ever seen! And the sex scene in the pool!!!!
  • thedarklord _thedarklord _ Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Godzilla - I remember really liking this as a kid so I thought it would be fun to watch it again after many years. Though I have to admit I don't remember the special effects being that bad :D It just makes me appreciate Jurassic Park more.

5/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    GOODFELLAS baby! Best movie EVER. Easily.
  • GilashGilash Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - 8/10
  • timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Boat That Rocked 8/10
    Okay its Richard Curtis,and its
    full of cliches,BUT it looks like
    the cast had a ball making it
    and the soudtrack is to die for!
    Two hours of harmless,good fun
    for kids of all ages!
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flight- it was OK but probably the worst Denzel film I've seen
    Forum Member
    Sunshine - pretty good, but just feel it could/should have been a little better?
    7/10
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Pusher - 7/10
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inky Binky wrote: »
    Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome

For something that was originally made for less than $3 million and released on the internet, this was a very decent film. A majority of the SFX is quite good too. The film does sort of lose its way near the end and there's far too much "glare" in many scenes (nearly distracting) but this was ultimately a pretty good flick.

Watched the web-series of this and thought, as you did, for the budget it was great. Seen summer blockbusters with worse effects. Was good to see the old toasters getting some screen time. Gave me a childhood flashback.
    Short circuit - 5/10
    Moonrise Kingdom - 8/10. Quirky and a good story

Blasphemer!

End of Watch - 8/10

Great film. Like a more violent Southland. Short though, could easily have been entertained even longer.
  • punkyfish50punkyfish50 Posts: 1,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    End of Watch 8/10
  • JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Holy Motors - wut ? 6/10
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rugrats Go Wild [2003]. Directors: John Eng and Norton Virgien

4/10

Lame TV cartoon spinoff which pretty much killed the franchise.

A Valentine's Date [2011]. Director: Michael Feifer

5/10

New York career woman with daughter returns to Texas to fight custody battle with her ex, who she still has feelings for. The hearing date is February 14th so guess what...Unsurprisingly the only external IMDb review comes from BibleDude.net - the Christian family values message is rammed home with little subtlety.
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Unstoppable (2010) Tony Scott's last film has Denzel Washington as a veteran train driver teaching rookie Chris Pine the ropes. Their routine is interrupted when an unmanned train hauling a cargo of toxic and volatile chemicals at 70mph appears on the scene and it's up to our heroes to stop it before it reaches a tight bend over some fuel tanks in the centre of a city.

The movie zips along as fast as the train and has Tony Scott's usual eye for action. No real suprises in store but an entertaining movie.

6.5/10
  • SamthefootballSamthefootball Posts: 4,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iron Man 3. Saw this at the Movies today. really enjoyed it. 9/10
  • thedarklord _thedarklord _ Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw Iron Man 3 too. Thought it was a fine as a fun popcorn blockbuster, the two hours flew by. Robert Downey Jr is reliably good and I loved Guy Pearce. The first Iron Man is still my favourite out of all the Marvel films.

7/10
    Forum Member
    Life of Pi - 8/10

Excellent film, but can't.help.feel that it could have been just that bit better?
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Lincoln Lawyer [2011]. Director: Brad Furman

7/10

Enjoyable courtroom drama/crime thriller. Contrived plot but fun characters.
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2013 - 4/10
    Started off ok with a different approach to the story, but how it quickly descended into quite a mess of a plot and a ridiculous ending.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Adventures of Tintin - 9/10

It was a real surprise, as I have always hated Tintin.. but it was really really good. It look amazing and was proper exciting. Kids loved it too.
This discussion has been closed.