Noel Edmonds is not nice

Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Some people have this image of Noel Edmonds being Mr Nice, but I've heard from three people that he's obnoxious. Once when opening a Co Op in Cumbria, he told his security to get these common people away from me, he told an autograph hunter to f off, and one of my friends, who was co ordinating the foot and mouth crisis, received a completely horrible phone call from him which was full of abuse and swearing and had to cut him off.

Comments

• GoldeyfishGoldeyfish Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there are lots of other rumors about him..
    which people cant talk about for fear of libel
  • ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Some people have this image of Noel Edmonds being Mr Nice, but I've heard from three people that he's obnoxious. Once when opening a Co Op in Cumbria, he told his security to get these common people away from me, he told an autograph hunter to f off, and one of my friends, who was co ordinating the foot and mouth crisis, received a completely horrible phone call from him which was full of abuse and swearing and had to cut him off.

My other half was on Telly Addicts many many many years ago and says that Noel wasnt very nice then either..all smiles in front of the cameras rude and sullen off them.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having watched him over the years in various 'entertainment shows', I've come to the conclusion that the man has all the warmth and charm of a rattlesnake.

Dead, dead eyes that never change when he smiles too.

Shudder :sleep:
  • nittynattynoonittynattynoo Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know someone that met him whilst filming deal or no deal who said he was lovely and chatty.......
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know someone that met him whilst filming deal or no deal who said he was lovely and chatty.......

Were they a laaaaaaydeeee? ;)
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met him and his second wife once and he was perfectly OK.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    Were they a laaaaaaydeeee? ;)

Was a lady but hubbie present also!
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have heard rumours he can be totally offhand with technicians and behaves arrogantly.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard when he picks up the phone on Deal or No deal, there is no one there and he's the banker.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To the OP.

So all this is tales from 'friends', ' I've heard' and with no personal experience of the man?
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    I have heard rumours he can be totally offhand with technicians and behaves arrogantly.

But it's rumours! Where the facts?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard when he picks up the phone on Deal or No deal, there is no one there and he's the banker.

No way?!!!:eek::eek::confused::D
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member

Yeah, even he makes sure contestants pretend they on phoning to Banker :rolleyes:
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    Goaty wrote: »
    Yeah, even he makes sure contestants pretend they on phoning to Banker :rolleyes:

So when he puts the phone up to his mike and we hear the banker laughing etc explain that? And often people speaking to the banker tell noel what the offer is
    - i think the banker is a producer
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard rumours that he draws his beard on with a felt-tip pen. :eek:
  • AbMan51AbMan51 Posts: 367
    Forum Member

Also on Noel's House Party it was really him inside the Blobby costume, even when they were on screen at the same time.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if he was/is bitter because Tiswaz viewers surely outnumbered Swap Shop ones.
  • Hugh_Hugh_ Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have forwarded this post to his management via email.
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i hate threads started on just "i heard from a friend" -poor man:mad:-i've always liked him although i cannot say i've met him personally but i've never heard any rumours or gossip about him either and i've liked him since his Swap Shop days,
  • Becky SharpeBecky Sharpe Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no.. the tone of this thread suggests that Noel Edmonds' cosmic ordering has gone slightly Pete Tong :eek:
  • Becky SharpeBecky Sharpe Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard rumours that he draws his beard on with a felt-tip pen. :eek:

Enough now ... :D
  • GoldeyfishGoldeyfish Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im glad other people have picked up on this..
    theres definatly somthing not right about him..

i reckon he's next in the current celeb scandals
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never trust a man with a beard.
  • CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    Never trust a man with a beard.

Not even Santa?..or his brother Jesus?
  • Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    i hate threads started on just "i heard from a friend" -poor man:mad:-i've always liked him although i cannot say i've met him personally but i've never heard any rumours or gossip about him either and i've liked him since his Swap Shop days,

I never heard anything bad about Jimmy Savile during his lifetime and it now turns out he's our greatest child molester.