New Jonathan Creek?

jw2011jw2011 Posts: 840
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi All,

I was researching on the cancelled Christmas Special we were going to get this year when I found this http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/4689-alan-davies-confirms-new-jonathan-creek-special

Looks like we're getting a new episode in 2013.

Anyone got any more info on this?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Oh my goodness me. This is going to be epic.

Here's hoping they bring back Caroline Quentin too!
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan Davies confirmed it on twitter in September.

Sheridan Smith is returning too unfortunately so looks unlikely we'll get Caroline Quentin.
  • dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Alan Davies confirmed it on twitter in September.

Sheridan Smith is returning too unfortunately so looks unlikely we'll get Caroline Quentin.

Oh,I don't know though.Sheridan certainly looked good in a previous episode when she was in a giant water tank thingy in her birthday suit.
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved it in it's glory days... but unless Caroline Q is back... don't think I will bother !
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dsimiller wrote: »
    Oh,I don't know though.Sheridan certainly looked good in a previous episode when she was in a giant water tank thingy in her birthday suit.

Lol, I like Sheridan. She's a good actress, I just don't think she's right for this show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Sheridan Smith is an amazingly versatile and popular actress, and is perfectly cast as Joey Ross! I loved watching her convincing performances in The Grinning Man, and The Judas Tree, and she is like a breath of fresh air in the episodes.
    The producer calls Alan and Sheridan ' the dream-team', and I'm really looking forward to seeing what mystery David Renwick has created for the pair to solve in 'The Clue of the Savant's Thumb'!
  • Killary45Killary45 Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Sheridan Smith, and agree that she is a super actress, but the role played by Caroline Quentin was more interesting. Besides why should Alan Davies (would-be certain winner of the award for the least sexy man in a leading role in TV drama) keep get young good looking girl partners?

The way TV is I assume that if they do a new one in ten years time then his "assistant" is at present in primary school.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Killary45 wrote: »
    I like Sheridan Smith, and agree that she is a super actress, but the role played by Caroline Quentin was more interesting. Besides why should Alan Davies (would-be certain winner of the award for the least sexy man in a leading role in TV drama) keep get young good looking girl partners?

The way TV is I assume that if they do a new one in ten years time then his "assistant" is at present in primary school.

Admittedly Sheridan is 15 years younger than Alan, but Julia is only 2 years younger whilst Caroline is 6 years older. Plus its always been clear that woman don't go Jonathans' macho good looks:D
  • Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Alan Davies. I have only recently watched all of Jonathan Creek, so glad there will be a new episode!
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be interesting to see if the formula still works - hope so.