Sony TV Internet Connection problem

Hi.

Just bought a new Sony Bravia NX703 tv yesterday with Internet access.

Last night internet access was fine. This morning however I cannot get connected.

The connection is done via a Wireless Router and other devices (e.g. ipod and laptop) are connecting to the Internet fine.

The TV sees the wireless router fined but returns a Local Access and Network failure.

I've tried switching everythnig off and on again but still having the problem

The one thing I haven't tried is resetting the whole tv again and starting from scatch which I a reluctant to do ad, in theory, shouldn't have to anyway.

I've tried to get a contact number for Sony and find out more information about this.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    When I try to refresh the Internet content I get a Configuration failed error with a code of 2200
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,087
    Forum Member
    does the router ' see ' the tv as an available wireless setting?

is it a trusted device? with its mac address ?

have you tried the routers channel number changing it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Hi, Niall. thanks for the reply.

I've had it working again and it appears that if my son's PS3 logs in first then the TV cannot get connected, however if I then switch off the PS3 and the router then switch the router back on again and try and connect with the TV it is fine. I can also then connect with the PS3 after that

When I noticed this I thought it may be a Sony issue and I have emailed them, however it may be a problem with the router set up.

I am going to try a few more comination of things, but at least I have a scenario where it is working.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Gary P McG wrote: »
    Hi, Niall. thanks for the reply.

I've had it working again and it appears that if my son's PS3 logs in first then the TV cannot get connected, however if I then switch off the PS3 and the router then switch the router back on again and try and connect with the TV it is fine. I can also then connect with the PS3 after that

When I noticed this I thought it may be a Sony issue and I have emailed them, however it may be a problem with the router set up.

I am going to try a few more comination of things, but at least I have a scenario where it is working.

The conflict could be caused either by settings on the router or one of the Sony devices. The easy way to solve this problem permanently is:
    when you have both TV and PS3 connected and working, then use your router configuration utility to allocate Static IP addresses to them rather than Dynamic IP addressses.
  • DavetezDavetez Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    My 46NX403 also failed to connect, all content on the home menu was lost & refreshing failed to restore it. After a full factory reset, a second refresh made the set "Acquire Internet content" & now is back to normal. Bit of a pain having to set everything back up though:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary P McG wrote: »
    Hi.

Just bought a new Sony Bravia NX703 tv yesterday with Internet access.

Last night internet access was fine. This morning however I cannot get connected.

The connection is done via a Wireless Router and other devices (e.g. ipod and laptop) are connecting to the Internet fine.

The TV sees the wireless router fined but returns a Local Access and Network failure.

I've tried switching everythnig off and on again but still having the problem

The one thing I haven't tried is resetting the whole tv again and starting from scatch which I a reluctant to do ad, in theory, shouldn't have to anyway.

I've tried to get a contact number for Sony and find out more information about this.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

what is the screen size? I note the 40 inch is cheaper than the 37 inch, there was a Sony demo at Currys Wrexham this afternoon with Sony Staff, I must say the 40 inch NX 713 is
    a dam good looker, but pricey.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    janet owen wrote: »
    I must say the 40 inch NX 713 is
    a dam good looker, but pricey.

Holds back the floods as well by the sound of it?
  • El GuapoEl Guapo Posts: 4,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See we now have Sky news and Qriocity on the Bravias now.