Bootcamp format this year!

RealityRulerRealityRuler Posts: 501
Forum Member
✭✭
Hello everyone, I've noticed there are 4 screenings for bootcamp with an audience this year (2 Saturday, 2 Sunday) so I was just wondering if anyone knew how the Bootcamp format works this year?

I remember going the first year Bootcamp ever had an Audience and it all happened over 2 screenings on the same day (final 50 were split into 2 Groups of 25)

Was just wondering if anyone knows what happens between the auditions and the audience Bootcamp? Will it be like normal where the contestants have to sing in groups and they whittle it down or is it different this year?

Cheers All!

Comments

• EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing's been confirmed about bootcamp this year, but I have a feeling it will have to be slightly different because obviously this series we would have already seen a stage very similar to bootcamp. I can image bootcamp having different workshops? One for dancing, one for singing, and one for general performance maybe? Nothing to support this though, just something I wouldn't be surprised to see :)
  • RealityRulerRealityRuler Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    Nothing's been confirmed about bootcamp this year, but I have a feeling it will have to be slightly different because obviously this series we would have already seen a stage very similar to bootcamp. I can image bootcamp having different workshops? One for dancing, one for singing, and one for general performance maybe? Nothing to support this though, just something I wouldn't be surprised to see :)

That's exactly what I was thinking, if it's gone from Auditions to Bootcamp, Both with an audience in the SAME venue then it will just be like a third audition. Your idea is good though. Like the year with one direction, can't forget Zayn refusing to dance :p
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,965
    Forum Member
    That's exactly what I was thinking, if it's gone from Auditions to Bootcamp, Both with an audience in the SAME venue then it will just be like a third audition. Your idea is good though. Like the year with one direction, can't forget Zayn refusing to dance :p

That dance workshop they had, would be nice to see something similar to that again.
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How have you heard about this?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How have you heard about this?

What the dates?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the dates?

I mean, how do you know there are 4?

Applausestore says only 3? Just applied for tickets for both the 3:30 times. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bootcamp is so overrated. I wish they would just leave it at the second round of auditions with an audience and select judges houses contestants from there. It all sounds like overkill to me this new format.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dory353 wrote: »
    Bootcamp is so overrated. I wish they would just leave it at the second round of auditions with an audience and select judges houses contestants from there. It all sounds like overkill to me this new format.

I agree. With the double audition format I don't really see much point in continuing with Bootcamp.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Tickets for bootcamp now available from applause store. I better show my cards and say im a good mate of one of the contestants Anthony Horricks in the overs category. The bootcamp officially starts on Thursday 8th August, with audience tickets available for one Saturday screening, and 2 sunday screenings #TeamAntXFactorUK - sorry slight plug for Ant there.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,965
    Forum Member
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    I agree. With the double audition format I don't really see much point in continuing with Bootcamp.

They need to narrow the acts down in some way.

I don't mind bootcamp, but I don't like it when they sent home 60-odd acts without them even having a chance to sing. That's a real turnoff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    I don't mind bootcamp, but I don't like it when they sent home 60-odd acts without them even having a chance to sing. That's a real turnoff.

I agree with that. :eek:

The first time they did it I thought it was ridiculous - the second time even more so! I just don't get why they had to send people away before they even had a chance to sing!

Especially when shown Emma Wright got kicked out at that stage 2 years ago and she had an amazing voice. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I mean, how do you know there are 4?

Applausestore says only 3? Just applied for tickets for both the 3:30 times. :eek:

Oh yeah sorry mate, looked at it wrong! Just presumed there would have been a Morning for Saturday too.
    Tickets for bootcamp now available from applause store. I better show my cards and say im a good mate of one of the contestants Anthony Horricks in the overs category. The bootcamp officially starts on Thursday 8th August, with audience tickets available for one Saturday screening, and 2 sunday screenings #TeamAntXFactorUK - sorry slight plug for Ant there.

Oh right, Cheers :)
    Forum Member
    Tickets seem to have gone very quickly, just had my email giving me tickets for the 945 showing on the sunday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations, you have now successfully been booked into attend the recording of THE X FACTOR 2013 BOOTCAMP taking place on Sunday 11th August 2013 at 15:30.

Yay for me. :p
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

JEALOUS!!!!! U better get recordings carlisle and a MASSIVE review !!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JEALOUS!!!!! U better get recordings carlisle and a MASSIVE review !!!!

I'm not sure about recordings but I'll hopefully be able to do a good review. :D
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure about recordings but I'll hopefully be able to do a good review. :D

No worries! Hope that guy who went last year will be able to do recordings! I wonder why there is 4 recording sessions now! Interesting!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Applied for tickets :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    They need to narrow the acts down in some way.

This is why I think double audition's were the best thing that could have happened to this season, Bootcamp should be for performances not for taking up half of the show sending home acts who have made it and there for should be able to perform.

This might be down to just my personal preference but would anyone rather see less of the group round performances and more of the solo round this season?
    Forum Member
    Sorry for bombarding - http://www.anthonyhorricks.com/ This is my good pal Ant, who is known on here as the ex prison inmate. He is in the overs category and got through the audition stage singing Man who can't be moved, please check him out, we all have our fingers crossed for him and looking forward to seeing him at bootcamp
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for bombarding - http://www.anthonyhorricks.com/ This is my good pal Ant, who is known on here as the ex prison inmate. He is in the overs category and got through the audition stage singing Man who can't be moved, please check him out, we all have our fingers crossed for him and looking forward to seeing him at bootcamp

Can I ask why he was in prison? :)
    Forum Member
    Not really what I would talk about on public forum - but he has learnt from his mistakes and has turned his life around
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If I get tickets, that's the day and time I'm going too Mate :D you got Free or Priority?
  • angel103angel103 Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    I got priority for the Sunday morning session :-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I get tickets, that's the day and time I'm going too Mate :D you got Free or Priority?

Just general. :p