big brother canada season 2?

big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
Forum Member
✭✭
Will they bring it back? Was it a success over in canada? Im aware the viewing figures were low but high for the channel.

Comments

• onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    noone can predict the future but from what i read it seems likely to return.

apparently it had really good numbers for the channel averaging something like 800k (which normally wouldn't be that great but it seems ok for that channel) and even remaining steady when the free period ended, so i can't see a reason for it not to.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it'll almost certainly return. I've even read rumours that it's coming back later this year once BBUS has finished. (Though I don't see that happening really..)
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Id be quite happy for it to return after bbusa . Imagine bb canada, bb uk,bb us and the bb canada . How brilliant would that be
  • OakOak Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it returns.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just watched the finale, after that ending it will deffo be back, i imagine with gary
  • dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's almost guaranteed. Apparently the ratings grew, even after the free preview for viewers!
  • prettyflowersprettyflowers Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noone can predict the future but from what i read it seems likely to return.

apparently it had really good numbers for the channel averaging something like 800k (which normally wouldn't be that great but it seems ok for that channel) and even remaining steady when the free period ended, so i can't see a reason for it not to.

800,000 is actually pretty good - even for a TV show on Canadian conventional TV. Looking at most weeks over the season, a 800k audience would put BBCA in the top 50 programs - impressive for a cable show on a pay to view station...
  • onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    800,000 is actually pretty good - even for a TV show on Canadian conventional TV. Looking at most weeks over the season, a 800k audience would put BBCA in the top 50 programs - impressive for a cable show on a pay to view station...

yeah, from the few articles i read on the topic the executives in charge seemed very happy with the numbers and the attention it was getting from social media and stuff.

i'm pretty sure that it's going to return for a season 2.

while i appreciate even having live feed and it being free i still hope they can do a better job with it overall, at the beginning it was great when they barely cut off the feeds from cursing and stuff but then they slowly started to block out every little thing and feeds were down for good stuff like the spin the bottle night, missing topaz go off on liza, the topaz twist instant eviction week, etc.

i don't like how they started to prioritize the main show and take the feeds off so there wasn't spoilers.

that being said, i'd definitely watch a second season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anyone heard the rumours of it coming back this year?
  • Shine_OnShine_On Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it does come back I hope they cut out most of the twists.
  • Linus2Linus2 Posts: 2,966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anyone heard the rumours of it coming back this year?
    I heard from a blogger that they thinking about doing it twice a year now because the show was so successful. Slices only successful show ever. Rumour says they wanna do it after the BBUS 15 one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Linus2 wrote: »
    I heard from a blogger that they thinking about doing it twice a year now because the show was so successful. Slices only successful show ever. Rumour says they wanna do it after the BBUS 15 one.

Actually, Slice has another very successful original programme on its schedule: The Real Housewives of Vancouver.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope it does come back asap. I liked the twists
  • RenThrayskRenThraysk Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shaw Media PR ‏@ShawMediaTV_PR 9m
    Big Brother Canada - the biggest reality series - of the year renewed for another season! #bbcan @BigBrotherCA @slice_tv #shawmedia
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member
    Good :) Hopefully with less twists..
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    Yay.
    Though hopefully they'll be less desperate this time to make it eventful. I mean it was like they daren't let it progress naturally and risk it being boring.
  • MirageMirage Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    I just saw this flash up on my fb wall. Sounds interesting, but we would need to find a vpn to watch or have a nice person that would stream for us like they did for BB.
    Are you ready for this? The producers of Big Brother are bringing you, Summer Camp, a brand new reality series which sends 16 adults back to summer camp!

Tune in to the series premiere Friday July 19th at 9pm ET!

http://www.facebook.com/Slice?directed_target_id=0
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mirage wrote: »
    I just saw this flash up on my fb wall. Sounds interesting, but we would need to find a vpn to watch or have a nice person that would stream for us like they did for BB.
    Oh wow .. BB:USA,BB:AUS,BB:UK & Summer Camp all running simultaneously :eek:
  • MirageMirage Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    More info about Summer Camp on Slice starting on the 19th July. The Slice website has very little information about this show at the moment and I have no idea if they will offer any streaming. If anyone finds anything out, can you post it to me please. :)

This site has a fair bit of information about and who the contestants will be.

http://tvloon.ca/2013/06/27/slice-takes-viewers-back-to-summer-camp-in-brand-new-competition-series-summer-camp/