Comments

• mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhynoGB wrote: »
    i think clarkson said on his twitter a new series in the summer

from wikipedia:

Series Twenty

Clarkson confirmed on his Twitter account that Top Gear would return in summer 2013.[3] Filming for a long distance race between a Toyota Corolla and a Americas Cup yacht for the forthcoming series was completed in New Zealand in March 2013. [4]
    Ah, I had missed that - so it could be any time from June to August then.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,134
    Forum Member
    Best of Top Gear on now :)
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The P45 sketch was hysterical :D
    Forum Member
    treefr0g wrote: »

That will be one to look back at for years to come :D
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »

That's what I want from Top Gear. Them building completely impractical and random things. The snow plough/harvester was so transcendentally hilarious in places I had difficulty breathing.

I don't tune in for detailed reviews of the Kia Accord and Peugeot 307, for cars I might actually buy.
  • lakeslakes Posts: 4,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David1964 wrote: »
    I realise that they are designed to be close, it just wouldn't work if there was even a couple of hours between them, but you're not telling me the producers can accurately predict that Jeremy in a car can do a 1000 mile journey and turn up at a restaurant 5 minutes before James and Richard who have taken a ferry, 3 trains, 2 buses, a taxi and a 500 yard dash! :D

you should be able to work it out like that, i am sure sometimes they get told to hold back, i have been told the ski one was very real ...well the last stage of it. lets not forget that its not always that close, Natwest tower one JC had been there over an hour before the others turned up.
  • callmedivacallmediva Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I want from Top Gear. Them building completely impractical and random things. The snow plough/harvester was so transcendentally hilarious in places I had difficulty breathing.

I don't tune in for detailed reviews of the Kia Accord and Peugeot 307, for cars I might actually buy.

Yeah, there should be more of that and more specials :)
    Forum Member
    Maybe it being a bit more unscripted but they'd have to follow them the whole time to get something hilarious :D

I wonder how much of it is scripted. In the USA road trip a few weeks prior where they stuck a banana in Richard's car, and he was quite angry about it (calling Jeremy a bastard), do you reckon he would have known they were deliberately trying to sabotage him? :D
  • MeicYMeicY Posts: 2,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heads up - MAN LAB is back on Thursday.
  • CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I do. When they review a car it's still a great show. When they "build" a contraption, "race" someone, lick a guests ar*e on SIARPC or do their pre scripted poor excuse for comedy on this weeks news it's pitiful - truly pitiful.

Just had to log into DS to register my utter disbelief that they have made "the best of" for this series into a two parter lololololololol - could have squeezed it into 20 minutes no probs at all.
    Forum Member
    Just had to log into DS to register my utter disbelief that they have made "the best of" for this series into a two parter lololololololol - could have squeezed it into 20 minutes no probs at all.

Too many funny moments :D
  • jonbwfcjonbwfc Posts: 18,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do.
    Why on earth would you do that? Top Gear hasn't been that show for at least a decade.
  • CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonbwfc wrote: »
    Why on earth would you do that? Top Gear hasn't been that show for at least a decade.

Correct you are.

Started watching it again since I got sky plus - they usually have a minimum of 1 decent car review in their hour slot - oh we're not worthy! - so I just find that and watch and enjoy. Granted most of time it is some sort of supercar rather than a type that I could afford but I still really enjoy these reviews esp if Clarkson doing it for the nostalgia and Partridge flashbacks.

And sometimes if we're really lucky we get a couple of episodes per series where they actually do review and compare affordable everyday cars. Personally I think the show would do much better if they brought this format back as I don't know many people who think the show has improved in recent years but yes hard to knock it's overall success - baffling to me as it may be.
  • charliesayscharliesays Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And sometimes if we're really lucky we get a couple of episodes per series where they actually do review and compare affordable everyday cars. Personally I think the show would do much better if they brought this format back as I don't know many people who think the show has improved in recent years but yes hard to knock it's overall success - baffling to me as it may be.

So you essentially want old Top Gear? Which was canned because it was no longer popular.

Top Gear is one of the BBC's most popular exports precisely because of the current format. The rest of the world aren't interested in reviews of the Mondeo Titanium, baffling as that may be to you.
  • Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's not baffling at all. Reviews of everyday cars are tedious. Sounds like you should watch Driven..... oh, wait, no, that failed didn't it? Can't think why. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    I found that Shackleton chair advert on YouTube - I think someone mentioned that they filmed it for the show especially.

They've filmed a long distance race between a Toyota Corolla and an Americas Cup yacht in New Zealand - we should see it soon.
    Forum Member
    Still haven't figured this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frqvoVY1wSU :D:D:D

And there is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGZkC-pd-2E

Anyone have any idea about what the first one was?

This is also a rather funny moment :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CbRwRgFuTs
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Did you know that TG is quite popular in Iran?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22020822
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now that Top Gear is off our screens for a while, does anyone know if the BBC are planning on showing the new series of Top Gear USA any time soon?
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    ^^^^

BBC3 don't seem to like showing anything "popular" so probably not. Must be there remit these days.

Shame really, as I've enjoyed the earlier series.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Just watching a repeat on BBC Three and the cool wall is on.

Has it been officially dumped these days?
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps they couldn't think of anyway to have it accidentally burst into flames or roll out of control down a hill.
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Just watching a repeat on BBC Three and the cool wall is on.

Has it been officially dumped these days?

Don't know - but the Mexican stand-off between Richard and Jeremy had me laughing :D

Looking back at series 19 episodes, is it visible in the studio? When they did it at the time (2011), it was the first time they had done it in about two years I think. So, I think it's less frequent but I doubt they've gotten rid of it completely.
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Did you know that TG is quite popular in Iran?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22020822

it's popular in many countries. I wonder how many jokes have to be cut out though (I'd imagine a few).
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^^^

BBC3 don't seem to like showing anything "popular" so probably not. Must be there remit these days.

Shame really, as I've enjoyed the earlier series.

I don’t think there’s any reason to think that BBC Three have dropped Top Gear USA, they stopped after season 2 as at that moment in time there were no more new episodes. Season 3 has now aired in the US so it should be available to them now.
    They do seem to have an unwritten rule that Top Gear USA can’t be aired at the same time as a ‘new’ series of Top Gear UK, which is sort of understandable.

Hopefully season 3 makes its way to BBC Three soon, I really enjoyed season 2 and it makes a good substitute while the UK version if off the air. In fact I’m surprised Dave haven’t aired Top Gear USA, even if it was to only give their Top Gear UK tapes a rest! :D
This discussion has been closed.