Is 21 pairs of shoes excessive?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
Forum Member
✭✭
Sorry for such a banal thread but I need to settle an argument.

I am a 23 year old female with 21 pairs of shoes, a friend of mine (male) deems this excessive but I do not. What are your thoughts?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not many at all.... Well, ok not 'not many' but certainly not excessive. I have at least 40 pairs of shoes.. :o

I love shoes :D

Plus boots, flip flops, sneakers.. I have far too much footwear

I think you should go shoe shopping, you need at least 1 pair for every year of your age.
  • Keren-HappuchKeren-Happuch Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your friend is a man therefore his opinion on the amount of shoes a woman should own is null and void. Sorry to be so sexist but men just don't get how important shoes are. 21 pairs is not excessive - I'd say that's an average sized shoe collection. I used to have 50 pairs but I've had a clear out recently. In the world of shoes, there is no such thing as excessive - you can never have too many. :)
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,158
    Forum Member
    I think that's fine, I have a lot more than that. I still have loads in my old room at my mum's house :o One day I'll clear it all out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you so much for the replies :)

I don't want to sound sexist, but he is a man with only four pairs of shoes. I tried to explain his opinion didn't count, but I needed back up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not many at all.... Well, ok not 'not many' but certainly not excessive. I have at least 40 pairs of shoes.. :o

I love shoes :D

Plus boots, flip flops, sneakers.. I have far too much footwear

I think you should go shoe shopping, you need at least 1 pair for every year of your age.

That is an excellent idea!

Matt if you are reading this I now have permission for two more pairs :p
  • trphiltrphil Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a man with only four pairs of shoes but it is my opinion that a lady can never have too many shoes. :D
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,396
    Forum Member
    Never Nude wrote: »

I am a 23 year old female with 21 pairs of shoes, a friend of mine (male) deems this excessive but I do not. What are your thoughts?

Is said male friend being hypocritical? If you're challenged by a male about this matter then ask him just how many pairs of trainers he has. That should shut most males up.
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for the replies :)

I don't want to sound sexist, but he is a man with only four pairs of shoes. I tried to explain his opinion didn't count, but I needed back up.

why does he care, is he paying for them, storing them ?
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    no I have about 50 pairs of shoes and boots (if not more). I have a thing for shoes (and handbags) though:D I was once asked how many pairs of shoes I needed, I pointed out that they were all different styles, heel heights etc.
  • eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    21 pairs of shoes is only excessive if you don't wear them all. I have at least 20 pairs, and the same number of handbags and I use and wear them all.
    Scarves, necklaces etc, I do feel as though I have too many, simply because I might only wear each one once or twice a year.
  • TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    buy as many pairs as you like! My wife must be L K Bennets biggest customer. It costs a fortune but, hey, she still turns heads! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You only have 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You need to catch up! :D:D:D:D
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both me & my husband have about 35 pairs each - he's worse than me for buying new pairs
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If men had the range of clothes to buy and wear which were significantly differently to the extent that they needed different shoes to look good in then I would say no it is not that excessive.

But then again men tend only have a very similar range of shoes to choose from and clothes to wear and do not wear heels etc.

If it makes someone feel good then why not...it's keeping shoe shops in business.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    I have loads I think it's quite normal for a lot of women. I reckon I have over 40 pairs of shoes, boots and sandals.
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,128
    Forum Member
    Of course not. Men love their gadgets (so do some women), women love their shoes and handbags :D
    I used to love shoes, well still do but with bunions now it's not so easy to find nice shoes to accommodate them :(
  • malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member
    I'm a man who has on last count 53 different pairs of footwear.

I only own about 4 gadgets though.. :o
  • PretinamaPretinama Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member

Personally I think it's excessive. I'm a guy and have:

- 1 pair gym trainers
    - 1 pair black work shoes
    - 3 pairs converse
    - 1 pair 'regular' trainers
    - shoes I wore for my civil partnership

That's 7 pairs, and to be honest I think that's a bit much. But then if it's your money you're spending and you're not in debt because of it then hey, who cares :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member

Hell no. I've got in excess of 100 pairs:eek:. I put it down to only having one pair at a time as a child, well that's my excuse anyway....:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    21 is not excessive!! I have nearly 30 pairs and some are more apparently in the loft lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member

21 pairs of shoes is not excessive at all, don't worry about it

If you said you had 21 pairs of denim cut offs though, well that would be a different story ;):p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    starbux wrote: »
    21 pairs of shoes is not excessive at all, don't worry about it

If you said you had 21 pairs of denim cut offs though, well that would be a different story ;):p

Oh tobias you blow hard
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hell no. I've got in excess of 100 pairs:eek:. I put it down to only having one pair at a time as a child, well that's my excuse anyway....:o

It was the same for me growing up, so now I'm going all out.