Alphas - Season 2 UK (Spoilers in Tags)

I see this is due to begin on Thursday 19th on the SyFy channel and not on 5*
I'm looking forward to this as I enjoyed the last season and now it will be in HD. Yay! :-)

Comments

• BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    SyFy are repeating Season 1. Season 2 is not out yet, but Channel 5 have picked up first run rights.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »
    SyFy are repeating Season 1. Season 2 is not out yet, but Channel 5 have picked up first run rights.

You're right:
    http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2012/03/exclusive-channel-5-closes-deal-to-acquire-uk-rights-to-alphas-season-2/

and it'll first be on 5* in July, not in HD. Boo! :-(
    Any news on 5* going HD anytime soon. :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Alphas, Season 2 – 5* – October 2012 (TBC)
    Back in the Summer in the US, and SyFy are usually pretty reliable with their return dates, so I’d expect it to air around the same time it did in 2011.

http://www.geektown.co.uk/uk-air-dates/
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,929
    Forum Member
    Watching this show on Syfy. Seeing if it's any good.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,929
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    Watching this show on Syfy. Seeing if it's any good.
    Hmm...okish but no great. Reminds me of no ordinary family.
  • F2kSelF2kSel Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched,sorry tried to watch the first three episodes but fell a sleep in each one. It does nothing for me.
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stick with Alphas as after the first 3 episodes it does get better. It got panned, and was due to be axed, but was granted a second series, probably because the difference is immense.

The issue I think is that the characters need to grow on you. You don't really feel anything for them until after episode 3, but once you do it becomes an amazing show.
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    Thankfully this show is on cable. If it was a network show it would have got canned.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    cat666 wrote: »
    Stick with Alphas as after the first 3 episodes it does get better. It got panned, and was due to be axed, but was granted a second series, probably because the difference is immense.

The issue I think is that the characters need to grow on you. You don't really feel anything for them until after episode 3, but once you do it becomes an amazing show.

Actually, it recieved mixed to positive reviews and has a score of 63 on Metacritic (It's worst review gave it a metascore of 40)

After 8 episodes AOL called it the summer's most promising drama.

Could be better, but it's hardly a panning (asumming you meant critical panning of course)
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, it recieved mixed to positive reviews and has a score of 63 on Metacritic (It's worst review gave it a metascore of 40)

After 8 episodes AOL called it the summer's most promising drama.

Could be better, but it's hardly a panning (asumming you meant critical panning of course)

After the first 3 episodes it was favorite to be axed. Was on the wiki article for ages.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    'Coming soon' trailer just aired on 5*
    Forum Member
    Starts Tuesday 25th September at 10pm. :)
    Forum Member
    Would have been great if they'd repeated season 1 first...I've forgotten quite a bit of the first season.
    Forum Member
    Here's the trailer for the new season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oXQNbGR3Oo
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only one week to go for more Garyisms :D
  • Hayley_babyHayley_baby Posts: 15,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cant wait, loved season 1 :)
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »
    Here's the trailer for the new season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oXQNbGR3Oo
    Trailer looks great...looking forward to S2.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why oh why can't this be in HD???
    Forum Member
    Can't really remember what happened at the end of season 1. Will have to read up on it before tonight.

Really looking forward to it.
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Can't really remember what happened at the end of season 1. Will have to read up on it before tonight.

Really looking forward to it.

Here's a recap of the last ep (ep 11) from Wiki, if that helps.

Rosen and his team must choose sides when the Department of Defense launches a full-out assault on Red Flag. Dr. Rosen reunites with his daughter Danielle (Kathleen Munroe), who is being hunted by Red Flag and others. Gary mourns the loss of Anna. Stanton pays a visit to Dr. Rosen. The team questions if they should continue working as is after blood shed between the DoD and Red Flag after being set up. Dr. Rosen publicly announces the existence of alphas in a secretly taped meeting with the government. He is last seen being taken away.

I can't bloody wait for tonight :D
  • elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not long to wait! Five-star at 10pm.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    I do rather love a bit of Alphas, even though most people hate procedurals, shame it's only on 5*. Would love it to receive greater exposure.

Surprised 5* didn't repeat S1, wonder if they lost the rights when Syfy got second run...
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great opening episode to Series 2.

Alphas has been a high quality show thus far & it looks like Series 2 is continuing the tradition.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a slow burn start with gave you a chance to get back into step with the cast and fix who could do what and then bang!

We got hostages, violence and lots of material for the rest of the series hope the rest proves to be as good.
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    5* picture quality was terrible. Grainy and blocky with glitches. Like watching an old Youtube video.

I miss SYFY HD