Cowell axes Tulisa

lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
Forum Member
✭✭
TULISA is heading for the axe as Simon Cowell shakes up The X Factor.
ITV bosses also want Louis Walsh given the boot to revive the flagging show. But Cowell, 53, was last night battling “tooth and nail” to save his old pal.

Doomed Tulisa, 24, has yet to be told her fate, sources revealed. One said: “She had a good run.”
She will be officially told “within weeks” she is out of the show, insiders sensationally revealed last night.
Cowell is poised to deliver the bombshell as the former N-Dubz singer pays the price for the talent show’s ratings slide.
The axe is being wielded amid ITV pressure on telly guru Cowell to also boot veteran Louis, 60, off the judging panel, sources told The Sun.

An insider said: “Quite apart from her performance on last year’s show, you can’t have a singer whose album only reached No35 in the charts sitting in judgment on other singers.:o
“Tulisa has been on the panel for two years. She had a good run, but all good things come to an end.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/4807289/Simon-Cowell-axes-Tulisa-from-X-Factor.html#ixzz2LdrrYeJb

Comments

• annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, the lesson to learn from this is: don't release any music as long as you work on the X factor so that no one can use you charts performance to assess your credibility as a judge?

Danni Minogue is judging left and right, but she hasn't lit up the charts anywhere in a long time (if she ever truly has), but nobody is telling her that she isn't fit to judge...
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be a shame if Louis went now given he's retiring next year anyway and been the one consisent thing about the show since the start.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    lucy mane wrote: »
    TULISA is heading for the axe as Simon Cowell shakes up The X Factor.
    ITV bosses also want Louis Walsh given the boot to revive the flagging show. But Cowell, 53, was last night battling “tooth and nail” to save his old pal.

Doomed Tulisa, 24, has yet to be told her fate, sources revealed. One said: “She had a good run.”
    She will be officially told “within weeks” she is out of the show, insiders sensationally revealed last night.
    Cowell is poised to deliver the bombshell as the former N-Dubz singer pays the price for the talent show’s ratings slide.
    The axe is being wielded amid ITV pressure on telly guru Cowell to also boot veteran Louis, 60, off the judging panel, sources told The Sun.

An insider said: “Quite apart from her performance on last year’s show, you can’t have a singer whose album only reached No35 in the charts sitting in judgment on other singers.:o
    “Tulisa has been on the panel for two years. She had a good run, but all good things come to an end.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/4807289/Simon-Cowell-axes-Tulisa-from-X-Factor.html#ixzz2LdrrYeJb

It was only a matter of time...

BIB: http://25.media.tumblr.com/bfe78a6ae2955863c976ed217782c09d/tumblr_mgt3afafhe1ql5yr7o1_r1_500.gif
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    So, the lesson to learn from this is: don't release any music as long as you work on the X factor so that no one can use you charts performance to assess your credibility as a judge?

Danni Minogue is judging left and right, but she hasn't lit up the charts anywhere in a long time (if she ever truly has), but nobody is telling her that she isn't fit to judge...

yet at the end of the day, "releasing a record and not charting" is the one that is hard to ignore or justify.:(:o:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Excellent point. Dannii Minogue was seen recording music with one of her acts she mentored one year, but it never got any further than that.
  • TreewatcherTreewatcher Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'd be a big shame to lose Louis as he's the only genuinely nice guy on there in a lot of ways. I hate Gary and Sharon is a joke. Even Simon is annoying. Bring on some proper music industry types who know what they're talking about instead of fluff muffins like R. Ora and Tulisa.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think ITV chiefs would love to be rid of Louis and have a more credible panel. Something that reflects The Voice judging team - even their 'oldie' Tom Jones is still a credible judge, not only his body of work, his international profile but the fact his act won last year. I don't think they have any sentiment regarding Louis being on the panel for ten years. However I think Simon and Louis will both push for both 2013 and 2014 seasons at least.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,764
    Forum Member
    I never believe what unnamed "insiders" have to say :rolleyes:

But I doubt she will be back, according to her father a few months ago Tulisa was ready to quit anyway..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    I think ITV chiefs would love to be rid of Louis and have a more credible panel. Something that reflects The Voice judging team - even their 'oldie' Tom Jones is still a credible judge, not only his body of work, his international profile but the fact his act won last year. I don't think they have any sentiment regarding Louis being on the panel for ten years. However I think Simon and Louis will both push for both 2013 and 2014 seasons at least.

It is actually strange how the Voice is considered more serious and musically inclined when the big fun part with the most viewers is the chairs turning and the judges' banter to convince the acts to chose their team... I absolutely love it in the american version btw (I get slighly bored afterwards), but let's not pretend it's not entertainment!
    Has the Voice broken any big act yet into the real music scene? I don't follow it too much, and it's in many countries now...

I think Louis would be missed in a way... He chooses some acts that will never win but are very entertaining to watch, especially when there are so many of them at the beginning. They bring a change of pace...
    His critiques are mostly not useful, but he is not the only one in this case... The Jackson brother is still judging at American Idol after all... It's like being part of the legacy of a show. Woudln't it be weird if there was absolutely nobody left from the original judging pannel?
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    It is actually strange how the Voice is considered more serious and musically inclined when the big fun part with the most viewers is the chairs turning and the judges' banter to convince the acts to chose their team... I absolutely love it in the american version btw (I get slighly bored afterwards), but let's not pretend it's not entertainment!
    Has the Voice broken any big act yet into the real music scene? I don't follow it too much, and it's in many countries now...

I think Louis would be missed in a way... He chooses some acts that will never win but are very entertaining to watch, especially when there are so many of them at the beginning. They bring a change of pace...
    His critiques are mostly not useful, but he is not the only one in this case... The Jackson brother is still judging at American Idol after all... It's like being part of the legacy of a show. Woudln't it be weird if there was absolutely nobody left from the original judging pannel?
    Randy is not related to Micheal Jackson lool .
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I stopped watching XF when simon and cheryl left. From what i`ve heard the show doesn`t seem to have got any better and weren`t tulisa and louis very popular so if they go then the show will lose even more viewers. Would be surprised anyway if XF isn`t axed within 2 years.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dannii released a single during her first series but it only just scraped into the top 80 if I remember rightly.

After the success of Cheryl and Nicole (in 2010) it seems that the producers just assume that they can stick someone on the judging panel and make them a star. It obviously doesn't work that way.

I really liked Tulisa when she first joined but went right off her last year. I do feel bad for her but I won't miss her. She really hindered the panel last year imo.

I don't see a case for getting rid of Louis, he has been there since the start so obviously isn't the problem.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Louis will ever be dropped, for as long as the show is running and he wants to do it. He's still the judge most willing to make controversial decisions that are going to grab headlines, now that Simon isn't there, and he can get away with it because of his non-threatening persona. Without him, the show would be too much of a 'serious' music contest and I don't think ITV or Simon want that.

I'd be very surprised to see either Gary or Tulisa back next year, though. Sharon seems a lock-on now to replace Tulisa, the real question is who is going to replace Gary if he goes.
  • MargueriteMarguerite Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    I don't see a case for getting rid of Louis, he has been there since the start so obviously isn't the problem.

Ah but at the start there was at least a bit of banter between the judges, Sharon with her Lulu and Simon with his constant digs about Louis's sexuality and in return, Louis's digs at Simon about his teeth and high heeled shoes.

For the last couple of years, Louis has been like a spare part, he hasn't brought anything to the show except the same observations he's been making about contestants since day1.

The thing is, if they can't get someone with a bit of oomph and personality, then Louis might as well stay but last year, Nicole was the only judge that brought anything to the line up, the rest of them were as boring as hell.
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope tulisa goes, she seemed disinterested last year and made bad song choices for ella (if she did make the decisions). I do like her though as she played a big part in Little mix's success. She was the one who said all the stuff about being normal girls etc.

I don't think Louis should go, they tried it once and it didn't work. He has done well as a mentor, he did a good job with Kitty and didn't try to change her, if the press and the editing team didn't go against her she could have got further, he also got UJ to the semi-final (and added George, which did help them a lot, he brought in most of the young girl fans), he did well with JLS and whether you like them or not, Jedward have went on to become millionaires, he played a big part in that and spotted their potential early on.

I hope nicole stays and I hope they get a good female in, not rita ora though or alexandra. I wish they could convince Adele she loves the show but I doubt they could, she is quite a private person, so she may not want to spend 6 months on camera. Preferably they could get Dannii back or even cheryl, i didn't like her in 2010, she was too pally with simon but she was good in 08-09 and every year had an act in the top 2. I wouldn't mind Kelly Rowland either, I liked her and she was all about the vocals. Mel B would be good, you need somebody who is genuinely straight talking, (Gary seems too try hard in that role.)

I hope they replace Gary, surely they could find some other male authority figure, even somebody from behind the scenes, Louis and Simon work well on these shows and nobody knew them before, Maybe a well known music producer would work as they know what a good recording voice sounds like and are more interested in the music than simon/louis business men types who want money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marguerite wrote: »
    Ah but at the start there was at least a bit of banter between the judges, Sharon with her Lulu and Simon with his constant digs about Louis's sexuality and in return, Louis's digs at Simon about his teeth and high heeled shoes.

For the last couple of years, Louis has been like a spare part, he hasn't brought anything to the show except the same observations he's been making about contestants since day1.

The thing is, if they can't get someone with a bit of oomph and personality, then Louis might as well stay but last year, Nicole was the only judge that brought anything to the line up, the rest of them were as boring as hell.

I liked Louis's relationship with nicole backstage, if they sat next to each other last year their probably would have been more banter than their was.
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather she stayed than have the horrfic Sharon back. :(
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,764
    Forum Member
    I'd rather she stayed than have the horrfic Sharon back. :(

Oh come on.. surely we all want to see more of this? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4troy7 wrote: »
    Randy is not related to Micheal Jackson lool .

Really, silly me, I thought that must have been why they chose and kept him :eek:
    Well, I'll have to look into his achievements some day. :)
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Louis does return for the next series of X Factor, then I truly hope that he has had a sex change or actually grown a pair of testicles, as it is clear as crystal that he didn't have any last series, with leaving deadwood in week after week, Regardless if they were entertaining, he still kept them in by saying......"I'm taking it to deadlock".

Imho if they want to improve ratings, then get rid of the acts that need to go. It is pointless in running a singing competition, when you have idiots like Rylan who make themselves look like a spectacle on a Mardi Gras float, where as in reality it is a singing competition for a record contract.

They also need to give the viewers something different in the way of finalists,

No more little boys who burst into tears at a little bit of criticism, they need to concentrate on learning to sing correctly & not just look good for the idiotic teenie viewers.

No more shouty screeching divas - Yes well done you can hit the high notes, but the world doesn't need another Mariah Carey.

No more singers who advertise their campness, year after year we get these tools who are camp as horses, but the majority of them cannot sing a note, but are kept in for "Entertainment value", which imho is wrong as they are trying to find a singer.

Last year we got a deserving winner & despite it being another cover as the winners single, James Arthur did do a good job of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I hope they don't get emili sande, she seems like a nice girl but she is everywhere at the minute. I need a break, and I dont even see her that much as i have no tv.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Louis does return for the next series of X Factor, then I truly hope that he has had a sex change or actually grown a pair of testicles, as it is clear as crystal that he didn't have any last series, with leaving deadwood in week after week, Regardless if they were entertaining, he still kept them in by saying......"I'm taking it to deadlock".

Imho if they want to improve ratings, then get rid of the acts that need to go. It is pointless in running a singing competition, when you have idiots like Rylan who make themselves look like a spectacle on a Mardi Gras float, where as in reality it is a singing competition for a record contract.

They also need to give the viewers something different in the way of finalists,

No more little boys who burst into tears at a little bit of criticism, they need to concentrate on learning to sing correctly & not just look good for the idiotic teenie viewers.

No more shouty screeching divas - Yes well done you can hit the high notes, but the world doesn't need another Mariah Carey.

No more singers who advertise their campness, year after year we get these tools who are camp as horses, but the majority of them cannot sing a note, but are kept in for "Entertainment value", which imho is wrong as they are trying to find a singer.

Last year we got a deserving winner & despite it being another cover as the winners single, James Arthur did do a good job of it.

The voice had a lot of good singers like the type you want and people got bored of that. Nobody talks about the artists as much after the show unless they are fans. Even these forums show that, the voice forum is barely posted on despite it only being a year ago but here we still post about acts from the first few series.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sharon Osbourne would lose the show even more viewers so she wont be back either
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wise-up wrote: »
    The voice had a lot of good singers like the type you want and people got bored of that. Nobody talks about the artists as much after the show unless they are fans. Even these forums show that, the voice forum is barely posted on despite it only being a year ago but here we still post about acts from the first few series.

You raise a good point there, I did like the voice for the singers they had, but felt that the format had let the series down. I don't remember hardly any of the singers names, let alone their weekly performances, other than that bloke (Think his name was Vince, but could be wrong), destroyed "too many rivers to cross". Only thing I do remember about the series, was Jesse J's legs. :D