Doctor Who Character Mugs

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is anyone else tempted to buy the entire collection? I bought all the prints and the t shirts, but I am not sure about these mugs.

I ordered an 8th Doctor for home and another for work. But not sure about the entire collection. I think they missed a trick, if they had been a direct debit kind of thing for £8.99 a month with a mug each month, in order, then I would have jumped. But not all at one go. Might buy one a month of just my favourite doctors down to least.

Had to buy 2 bloody Silver Tardis mugs and a teapot too, just so the collection matches what I have in the blue. Bloody OCD.

http://forbiddenplanet.com/?q=doctor+who+mug

Comments

• GDKGDK Posts: 9,467
    Forum Member
    Not sure about the character "toby jug" style mugs. They're not my "cup of tea", but I like the one with the TARDIS "Pull to Open" plaque and the silver TARDIS with lid. Thanks for the link.
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    I went to a talk the other day by an archaeologist who had just researched a Saxon burial site (bear with me). He had several photos of skulls showing that trepanning was a common medical procedure in those days (6th and
    7th century). That's what those mugs remind me of. Not sure I could sip from a trepanned Doctor head.
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    There is so much stuff being churned out for the 50th I'm being choosy about what I buy.
  • TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone else tempted to buy the entire collection? I bought all the prints and the t shirts, but I am not sure about these mugs.

I ordered an 8th Doctor for home and another for work. But not sure about the entire collection. I think they missed a trick, if they had been a direct debit kind of thing for £8.99 a month with a mug each month, in order, then I would have jumped. But not all at one go. Might buy one a month of just my favourite doctors down to least.

Had to buy 2 bloody Silver Tardis mugs and a teapot too, just so the collection matches what I have in the blue. Bloody OCD.

http://forbiddenplanet.com/?q=doctor+who+mug

Argh! Why did you show me this site? My wife will hate me now. (Hmmmm... what can I buy if I take out a second mortgage on the house?)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very nice! Thanks for posting!:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The mugs are fun, I like this Tardis one more though... http://forbiddenplanet.com/59562-doctor-who-tardis-mug-with-lid/
    andy1231 wrote: »
    There is so much stuff being churned out for the 50th I'm being choosy about what I buy.

I know, there's just so much and we're only in March, there could be a replica Tardis avaliable by November :p
  • CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,002
    Forum Member
    Judging by the tenth Doctor's Toby Jug, Sue Perkins has already played the part without us knowing.

Those Toby Jug are horrendous.:eek:
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a blue TARDIS mug but I find it too hard to drink out of. But the more traditional mugs look good.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a blue TARDIS mug but I find it too hard to drink out of. But the more traditional mugs look good.

I was wondering how I would dip a chocolate biscuit in that! :eek: :o
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judging by the tenth Doctor's Toby Jug, Sue Perkins has already played the part without us knowing.

Those Toby Jug are horrendous.:eek:
    looks more like a constipated Baldrick to me!:D