Do I need both consoles?

cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have been thinking this afternoon about selling my Xbox 360, will I still need it when my Xbox One comes in 2 weeks time? I cannot play both consoles at the same time and i'm thinking of selling the console I have now before the prices start coming down. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think anyone can answer that really.

Look at what games you have now for the 360 and the ones coming out for it in the future. If you know you will still be playing them even with the X1 you have answered your own question.

Also remember you could move the 360 to another room and use it as a media extender if you have any content on your computer/NAS etc you would want to stream.
  • cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    I don't think anyone can answer that really.

Look at what games you have now for the 360 and the ones coming out for it in the future. If you know you will still be playing them even with the X1 you have answered your own question.

Also remember you could move the 360 to another room and use it as a media extender if you have any content on your computer/NAS etc you would want to stream.

Thanks and yes I think I would use it for things like Minecraft and Netflix which ain't going to be on the Xbox One at launch. As for gaming only GTA V and a few other arcade games, mainly ones that won't be on Xbox One.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    cooltv wrote: »
    Thanks and yes I think I would use it for things like Minecraft and Netflix which ain't going to be on the Xbox One at launch. As for gaming only GTA V and a few other arcade games, mainly ones that won't be on Xbox One.

Isn't Netflix going to have an app for the X1? Gutted if there isn't, I was looking forward to being able to watch stuff in silence rather than using the jet engine (360) to access Netflix.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Isn't Netflix going to have an app for the X1? Gutted if there isn't, I was looking forward to being able to watch stuff in silence rather than using the jet engine (360) to access Netflix.

Well, Netflix have confirmed an app for PS4, but when I contacted customer service via their live chat, the lady said that there was an entry for a PS4 version, but nothing on the system for Xbox One. Saying that though, Netflix's founder is on the board for Microsoft, so it would seem odd to have it for launch on their competitor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    Well, Netflix have confirmed an app for PS4, but when I contacted customer service via their live chat, the lady said that there was an entry for a PS4 version, but nothing on the system for Xbox One. Saying that though, Netflix's founder is on the board for Microsoft, so it would seem odd to have it for launch on their competitor.

I've just done some Google digging and seen that the Netflix app was present on a demo for the dashboard a few months ago, so I'm guessing that Netflix will be there for launch afterall. Hopefully the app is better than the 360 app and more like the far superior PS3 app.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It doesn't say that, it says that those apps will launch during the launch window. (Which is between launch and Spring 2014). The following are the only apps that have been confirmed to release on launch day according to the article you listed:

Xbox Fitness, Xbox Video, Xbox Music, Internet Explorer, Skype, SkyDrive, and Video Upload.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    As mentioned, no-one can really answer this question for you, personally though I wouldn't get rid of my 360 as there's too many classic games and still more to come, plus achievements and XBL are interconnected between them.
  • cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I decided to sell it in the end I sold it last Friday, I am now consoleless and am missing Forza and Ghosts already. I didn't think i'd miss it but I have surprised myself, the 22nd November can't come quick enough now. On the plus side I put the money towards a brand new Samsung Galaxy S4 mobile phone so it looks like it's Angry Birds for 9 days. :D