Paul Shane's legendary performance on pebble Mill

evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I came across this gem from Pebble Mill, Paul Shane* (from Hi Hi Di Hi) singing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0315xbv5Gk

Wonderful x

Comments

• ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is hilarious, I could watch it over and over.
  • mikwmikw Posts: 48,713
    Forum Member
    It's TV Gold!
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is gold.

Whilst we're on the subject I still think Todd Carthy on Dancing On Ice tops all of TV gems for all time.

The screen quality's abysmal but it's sidecreasing magic, and always will be. :D I just love how he gets chucked back out by unseen hands at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gGR28wrKiQ
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hahahahahahah! Oh, bless him. I hope the constipation cleared up. R.I.P., Paul.
  • Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    It is gold.

Whilst we're on the subject I still think Todd Carthy on Dancing On Ice tops all of TV gems for all time.

The screen quality's abysmal but it's sidecreasing magic, and always will be. :D I just love how he gets chucked back out by unseen hands at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gGR28wrKiQ

LOL that's even funnier with the audio removed. Just look at those facial expressions and clumsy movements. Priceless :D
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can see Paul Shane (RIP) believes he is putting on the performance of his life there. :p

The guy in the leather trousers....the tone-deaf backing singers.....you couldn't put together a better comedy of errors than if it had been a parody. :D
  • Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the bit when the second verse begins and he shouts 'Bay-BEH'. I could watch it forever :D
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still love this. :D
  • davidnumendavidnumen Posts: 1,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    You can see Paul Shane (RIP) believes he is putting on the performance of his life there. :p

The guy in the leather trousers....the tone-deaf backing singers.....you couldn't put together a better comedy of errors than if it had been a parody. :D

The bloke in leather trousers is a former star of Thames TV's sci-fi kids show favourite "The Tomorrow People which adds to the bizarreness of the whole thing.
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, Mike Holloway on backing vocals and bad "Gary Numan" hair
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Miss That Loving-Feeling is still in hiding to this very day.
  • mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    Wish we could campaign to get this to compete with the XFactor for the Xmas number one
  • darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The two dancing bimbos don't offer much help. Their singing skills seem to have deserted them that particular day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    That was so bad, it's good.
    The backing singers- what was the point of them being there?
    Shane's 'Bay-beh, bay-BEH!' sounded like he was poked with a stick & his hand movements were hilarious.
  • GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,463
    Forum Member
    Microkorg wrote: »

Was he the guy from Flintcock or something? They used to be on Pauline Quirke's show in the 70s. :confused:
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the one
    Now wears a wig
  • tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mickmars wrote: »
    Wish we could campaign to get this to compete with the XFactor for the Xmas number one

I love this idea
  • evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes it would be a tribute. I wish some editor would show the full footage, it is in the archives. I remember it was on TV hell top 100.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shockingly bad. :D
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,845
    Forum Member
    Microkorg wrote: »

Thankfully he's more "lead" than back-up.

Who on earth told Paul he could sing I wonder? Still, it is pure telly gold, and I am grateful to have seen it.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,845
    Forum Member

You need the visual as well as the audio to appreciate it's full majesty but I would buy it!
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Who on earth told Paul he could sing I wonder? Still, it is pure telly gold, and I am grateful to have seen it.

He did. Probably. :D

Fabulous clip though.