any one else fed up of eastenders un answered questions all the time!!!!

Chloe_BeadsChloe_Beads Posts: 197
Forum Member
over on eastenders at the moment all we have is un answered qustions all the time..... there are no stand alone good to watch stories.....

1, what is in max's past?
2, Derek's wife (supposedly cast???)
3, ava and avas father
4, kats lover
5, ben not knowing he is a dad - phils underhand care of lexi
6, lauren and joey rubbish
all running at the same time - add to that in the weeks to christmas
the death/murder of derek

all involve secretes and a big fall out at the end of each story why cant we just have a story to follow that follows life.... the bianca and kids stuff gets to me but at least the attempt to reflect the hard ships of poorer families,

everything in eastenders at the moment seems to revolve around a lies and un truth!!!

we have only just finnished with

1, christian and syead - cheating, spending and pulling families apart
2, ian covering for ben and going mad for 3 weeks
3,not knowing the dad of lexi
4, heathers murderer revealed!!!!

i know all soaps need some far fetched grit but this many stories all at once all based on secrets and lies??? losing it with eastenders at the moment! :(

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need to get out more...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about the EE writers come up with the answer to the meaning of life?
  • Chloe_BeadsChloe_Beads Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    whys that
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If everyone knew the answers to all these questions then there's be no drama.. no tension and nothing to look forward. to.

All drama's work in the same way... You start the story by posing a questions... what's happens if? when? how? and you end the story by answering it.

If you answers the question within five minutes of asking it, what are you going to do the rest of the time?
    Forum Member
    did i not say they needed grit and some unreal plots and not all drama works in the same way it is only eastenders that feel the need to add lies and who dun it and who is it to every story - they cant just act out a plot is my point, everything is the audience know and the characters don't or dragged out story lines like who is next in kats bed!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    lauren and joey turn out to be brother and sister... lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did i not say they needed grit and some unreal plots and not all drama works in the same way it is only eastenders that feel the need to add lies and who dun it and who is it to every story - they cant just act out a plot is my point, everything is the audience know and the characters don't or dragged out story lines like who is next in kats bed!

I'd like you to give me an example of drama that doesn't work in this way please?

Trust me ALL stories at their heart pose a question... whatever their theme is.

It could be a whodunnit, or a why dunnit, or a how dunnit or when dunnit but they all do. In every show, every soap, every shakespeare, every film... it's the basis of storytelling... it's why people want to "read to the end" to get the answer.
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tbf, I think Ben not knowing he's Lexi's dad is to give him a reason to return in the future
    Forum Member
    you are not understanding me, mabye i am not showing my point so well - other soaps yes they have there killings and there love triangles and there "general soap" stories - but at the moment in eastenders ( its more now than ever) they dont seem to run a story - for example - emmerdale at the moment ill child needs transplant - we see the impact on a family the way they deal with this we still have questions and a story but it is true to the life of many families yes there is the same old love affair, rich man marries girl next door to follow but there is a grounded story line that has been running with a purpose. over on corrie - again we have the soap love affair we have the build up to Christmas but we also have a domestic violence story that is still running for a reason. my point is eastenders dont just do this.... they could have with the lola, lexi story but rather than have a mum work with a social service to get her child back (the scenes when lexi was taken away were fantastic) we have phil Mitchell jumping in feet first to take over the plot as king of the story again, kat has slept with some one else and we have to guess who and instead of keeping it running for a couple of weeks its months, i for one dont want to read/see the end off that plot because i am board now! they could have had a story with ben discovering he is the father of a child and prison visits a very common thing in this day and age for children to visit parents behind bars but we have to sit and wait again - i see you point you need to ask or create a question for the cast to play out the answer on screen my point was eastenders drag these things out and base the program on not answering these questions and leaving you to long to guess. or leave you too long knowing the plot waiting for the characters on screen catch on
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We don't know what Max's secret is. We didn't know Cora had another daughter. We don't know who Kat's lover is.

I could go on...
    Forum Member
    Totem_Bern wrote: »
    We don't know what Max's secret is. We didn't know Cora had another daughter. We don't know who Kat's lover is.

I could go on...[/QUOTE

THATS MY POINT ITS ALL QUESTIONS YOU HAVE TO WAIT TO SEE THESE THINGS PLAY OUT

we have known max had a secret for months and i am fed up of waiting for it all to blow up for the brannings at christmas AGAIN

Kats lover i explained again guess what kat cant keep her pants on and we have to wait months to find out witch branning its going to blow up for just before Christmas AGAIN

feel we need to agree to disagree as you dont want to see my point and dont have to as your oppinion is your own!! the title was is any one else fed up!!!! if your not fed up a simple no mabye would have done
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you are not understanding me, mabye i am not showing my point so well - other soaps yes they have there killings and there love triangles and there "general soap" stories - but at the moment in eastenders ( its more now than ever) they dont seem to run a story - for example - emmerdale at the moment ill child needs transplant - we see the impact on a family the way they deal with this we still have questions and a story but it is true to the life of many families yes there is the same old love affair, rich man marries girl next door to follow but there is a grounded story line that has been running with a purpose. over on corrie - again we have the soap love affair we have the build up to Christmas but we also have a domestic violence story that is still running for a reason. my point is eastenders dont just do this.... they could have with the lola, lexi story but rather than have a mum work with a social service to get her child back (the scenes when lexi was taken away were fantastic) we have phil Mitchell jumping in feet first to take over the plot as king of the story again, kat has slept with some one else and we have to guess who and instead of keeping it running for a couple of weeks its months, i for one dont want to read/see the end off that plot because i am board now! they could have had a story with ben discovering he is the father of a child and prison visits a very common thing in this day and age for children to visit parents behind bars but we have to sit and wait again - i see you point you need to ask or create a question for the cast to play out the answer on screen my point was eastenders drag these things out and base the program on not answering these questions and leaving you to long to guess. or leave you too long knowing the plot waiting for the characters on screen catch on

What about Tanya's cancer storyline?

Lola's story, they haven't done it yet, but then that's because the story is about Lola, not the social services - where's the drama? The drama is the SS (and to a lesser extent Lex, the bully) are the antagonist, and Lola is protagonist. The protagonist needs an antangaonist, they also needs allies (Billy, Phil) to play out their story... Again, it's the basic rules of storytelling

Ben isn't in the show anymore, so visits are going to be a bit tricky... I for one am glad he's gone ;-)

One of the great things about soaps is they have the luxury of time to play out slow-burn storylines... If they ran a storyline every week they'd be out of ideas by Easter! All of them, not just ee
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totem_Bern wrote: »

I could go on...[/QUOTE

THATS MY POINT ITS ALL QUESTIONS YOU HAVE TO WAIT TO SEE THESE THINGS PLAY OUT

we have known max had a secret for months and i am fed up of waiting for it all to blow up for the brannings at christmas AGAIN

Kats lover i explained again guess what kat cant keep her pants on and we have to wait months to find out witch branning its going to blow up for just before Christmas AGAIN

feel we need to agree to disagree as you dont want to see my point and dont have to as your oppinion is your own!! the title was is any one else fed up!!!! if your not fed up a simple no mabye would have done

They've hardly been shoved in your face though... Max's secret is starting to get a few mentions, other than that its always been waiting nicely in the background.

And Kat's story hasn't been centre stage for weeks now...

And really, it's working because you're obviously curious about it all, as am i...