Bullet to the Head

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 690
Forum Member
✭✭
it's no doubt a sign of the times that a new Sly Stallone film doesn't get the media coverage it once did. In fact with the recent bombing of Arnie's The Last Stand, and the fact that Bruce Willis is still flogging the Die Hard franchise to a slow and painful death, this could be the year that the plug finally gets pulled on the eighties action heroes.

If you are a fan of the kind of OTT action films of the eighties however, this one doesn't really disappoint.
Director Walter Hill pays homage to these films with a fun, action-orientated flick.

Stallone looks good for his age, considering, and has a number of nice one liners he gets to deliver.

The biggest pay-off though is in the action scenes; they're deliciously brutal and really make an impact.

The weak link in this particular chain is Sly's Sidekick, played by Sung Kang, who's just a bit wetter than a damp flannel.

Overall all though, a film that deserves a little more attention than it's currently getting.

review here.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I thought it was "alright", watchable but instantly forgettable, Sly elevates it, but without him it would have been a pretty crap film. I honestly preferred Arnie's The Last Stand.

Still, it was worth watching just for the Rambo Vs Khal Drogo fight :p

On a related note, while i'm not expecting the new Die Hard to do too amazingly at the box office, i can't see it bombing. It'll make a hell of a lot more than Bullet to the Head, The Last Stand and Jason Statham's Parker. It's also funny how people seem to keep claiming that the Die Hard series is dying "a slow and painful death", the box office figures for the last one are the highest in the series (unadjusted, but even so...), hardly a franchise that i'd consider to be dying.
  • Theo_BearTheo_Bear Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't know The Last Stand has sunk Dredd style, but I wouldn't want to watch a movie that Johnny Knoxville in it, and the movie poster makes the film look like a comedy.

Early DVD and Blu-ray releases for Arnie and Sly it is then.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Simple plot and feeble action {but the axe fight was good}....only high point; Sarah Shahi gets her kit off.;)

5/10
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Simple plot and feeble action {but the axe fight was good}....only high point; Sarah Shahi gets her kit off.;)

5/10
    Ooh, maybe worth a look then

Shame it wasn't called Bullet In The Head as then they could have used Rage Against The Machine as the title track.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Theo_Bear wrote: »
    I but I wouldn't want to watch a movie that Johnny Knoxville in it,

to be honest knoxville isnt in it that much
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ I heard Arnie wasn't in it much either
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched this last night & I thought it was OK.

Decent action, good humour if a little unremarkable.

This film isn't a classic, but it's not a lemon either.

Perfectly watchable & should do OK once it comes out on DVD.