Chipped freeview boxes???

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
Forum Member
Is it possible for some freeview boxes to be chipped to receive the new topup tv channels? I have updated my channel list and have all the new channels but when I go to view them it's just a trailer for top up tv. Just wondering if it is posiible?

cheers

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is discussion of illegal activity, which is not allowed on DigitalSpy.

Mods alerted.

Gdb :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    felt_back wrote:
    Is it possible for some freeview boxes to be chipped to receive the new topup tv channels? I have updated my channel list and have all the new channels but when I go to view them it's just a trailer for top up tv. Just wondering if it is posiible?

cheers

May I politely remind you that by talking this cause of conversation you are actively breaking the law and also the terms and conditions that you agreed to by posting on Digital Spy.

You are a new user so you may be forgiven, but please don’t ask this type of illegal question, if you really want to know, there is no way of ‘getting TUTV for Free’. If this was the case, the company would not bother encrypting! They are there to make a profit!

There is currently no ‘crack’ for the SECA 2, So don’t bother asking!

Ross
  • spikejspikej Posts: 3,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps he means chipped in respect of being able to legally recieve topup tv - i.e. through some sort of bodge job CAM?

Ah probably not ;)

Stu
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,890
    Forum Member
    ...if you really want to know, there is no way of ‘getting TUTV for Free’.

He didn't actually say that though. Perhaps he wants to have some sort of upgrade to his box so that he can pay for a legitimate TUTV subscription??? :)
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    In fairness, there is nothing `illegal' about asking the question at all. Indeed, how illegal is it to defeat a proprietry (ie. commercial) encryption system? (Not that I'm advocating it, of course)
  • Beth HartBeth Hart Posts: 6,183
    Forum Member
    As there is a chance this user wishes to know about upgrading his or her box in order to pay for this service I'm going to leave this open, hopefully anyone reading this will now be aware that discussion of illegal activities are prohibited on the Digital Spy forums.

Beth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I've seen chipped ntl boxes but never freeview?
  • corfcorf Posts: 1,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure but I don't think you are actually breaking the law if you unscramble the encryption by a non-standard means.

The law breaking comes when you choose not to pay for the services you are taking.

Or perhaps the EU version of the DMCA will change that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    ow do,

what I ment to say is that I have a grundig freeview box, one of the first freeview boxes out. So can I receive the new channels? On the adverts for TUTV it says ya can get it if ya have a ONdigital box or ITV digital box. Can I get my box chipped so I can watch these new channels or do I have to purchase a newer box?

Sorry for the confusion

cheers
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately not. The only boxes that can get the service are the old OnDigital/ITV Digital boxes, and some of the OnDigital integrated digital TVs (As far as I know!) that have CAMs fitted.

There are going to be TUTV enabled boxes released in the near future, however (I'd reccomend waiting for these rather than getting a second hand OnDigital box), but it would mean buying a new box.

Sorry about jumping to conclusions before!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    lol if you wanna talk about dodgy boxes (not saying you are) then i'm sure that kinda thing'll sit right at home on the f tn "forum board" :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    So if my box can't receive TUTV channels how come I can view all the previews on the channels numbers like E4 etc.... :confused:
  • John.John. Posts: 9,767
    Forum Member
    My GDB2 hasn't had any of the previews since Ch26 was the only one . But some people with the same box have all the previews :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
    Forum Member

Ross

Hmm ... not entirely true ;-)
  • peasonokaypeasonokay Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    felt_back wrote:
    So if my box can't receive TUTV channels how come I can view all the previews on the channels numbers like E4 etc.... :confused:

The previews are being broadcast unencrypted. This will stop on Wednesday when the channels go live. Since they are only having a maximum of 5 streams then they wont even be able to broadcat the previews when the channels are not on air after that.

Suggest you go to www.topuptv.com if you have specific questions about this service
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately not. The only boxes that can get the service are the old OnDigital/ITV Digital boxes, and some of the OnDigital integrated digital TVs (As far as I know!) that have CAMs fitted.

There are going to be TUTV enabled boxes released in the near future, however (I'd reccomend waiting for these rather than getting a second hand OnDigital box), but it would mean buying a new box.

Sorry about jumping to conclusions before!

My Bush 7960D iDTV appears to have picked up the update and is now showing UK Style un-encrypted with the TopUpTV card in the slot in the back.
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quickest way to chip it is to drop it on a hard surface
  • vuittionvuittion Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :yawn: what a bunch of old whingers,the guy in my mind asked a legit question all that bullshit about your let him off because hes a first time poster,god help you!!!!!!!!!
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you just added to the bullshit didnt you. Well done, top job and i wish you every success.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite sometimes cam slots are hiden inside the box, So you could open it up and take a look
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    May I politely remind you that by talking this cause of conversation you are actively breaking the law and also the terms and conditions that you agreed to by posting on Digital Spy.

You are a new user so you may be forgiven, but please don’t ask this type of illegal question, if you really want to know, there is no way of ‘getting TUTV for Free’. If this was the case, the company would not bother encrypting! They are there to make a profit!

Ross

Funny how people always jump to the wrong conclusion!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Mods alerted.

Where does he say he wants to do anything illegal, you are jumping to conclusions, sanctimonious busy body....
  • vuittionvuittion Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Mods alerted.

Gdb (HAHA DO ME A FAVOUR)

FELT_BACK asked this question "Is it possible for some freeview boxes to be chipped to receive the new topup tv channels" then mr GDB2freeview deems it to be a discussion of illeagal activity,well what gives you the right to decide that his post wasn't fit,he may just be curious like many of us are,if you read his post your see the word "possible" in his sentence,in future please let others decide what is and what isn't alllowed on this forum,because you clearly don't have a clue.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For god's sake, you say something on here and it is rammed down your throat for all etenity. The DTT boards really have gone downhill. Heven help you if you make a mistake.

I have already given an apology to the person in question, what else do you want me to do? What else CAN I do?

The only person who has cause for complaint is the original poster!

Vuittion, I thought you were nice, obviously your true colours are showing. Everyone else got over the fact that the first couple of posters had picked up the question wrong, but you had to contradict your own post by posting even more 'b******t'.

This is my last post in Digital Terrestirial. If anyone needs me for help on the GDB2 or Digital Terrestrial in general and are willing not to ram everything I say down my throat if I make a mistake then I am willing to help.

To be honest I couldn't care less if I'm banned, I'm obviously not worthy to be among the race of superhumans that visit here who never ever make mistakes.

Also, I don't know what you're laughing at, because I for one certainly don't find it funny.

Gdb
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    you are actively breaking the law and also the terms and conditions that you agreed to by posting on Digital Spy.

He's not breaking the law. He may well be breaking T&Cs, but he's certainly not breaking the law.

If it's illegal to talk about illegal activity then no-one could ever write a book / newspaper article / Eastenders script!

Also, how would court cases be run?!? Think before you make wild accusations. The person you're accusing may well have a case for slander, as you're branding him a criminal. Or libel as it's a written and recorded accusation.
This discussion has been closed.