Dynamo..Magician Impossible

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
Forum Member
Anybody else watch this show on Watch Channel last night ?
Absolutely fantastic....British alternative to David Blaine....

He was brilliant....

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First 15-20 mins was good...found myself waining in the middle when he was doing the bit with the couples where they said the same place at the same time (which wasn't at the excat same time as one started saying it a split-second before the other)...the ending with the walking on water - I just found that too unbelievable and the fact the camera kept going off him to show peoples reactions ruined it for me. Made me want to turn off if I am honest.

Don't think i'll be watching next week
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    While he undoubtedly has some skill in card magic and certainly seems to impress celebrities I find his use of stooges, camera tricks and off the shelf gimmick props make it too much for me to be impressed.

Unlike the magicians in the Fool Us program on ITV, none of the tricks he did in the show (so far) are of his invention. I'm very dissapointed.
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    I thought it was good, but felt a bit duped by certain things. At times I thought it seemed obvious he was using props.
  • chrisw99chrisw99 Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mercifull wrote: »
    While he undoubtedly has some skill in card magic and certainly seems to impress celebrities I find his use of stooges, camera tricks and off the shelf gimmick props make it too much for me to be impressed.

Unlike the magicians in the Fool Us program on ITV, none of the tricks he did in the show (so far) are of his invention. I'm very dissapointed.

Well as I don't particularly want to spend $20 to buy a dvd with the solution, does anyone know how the moving tanline trick is done?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisw99 wrote: »
    Well as I don't particularly want to spend $20 to buy a dvd with the solution, does anyone know how the moving tanline trick is done?

As with a lot of his stuff, she's a stooge....the upper tan line is there all the time,hidden under her sleeve
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    chrisw99 wrote: »
    I'm not in the business of giving peoples magic secrets out that the inventors make money from (i'll save that to ITV3s masked magician) but did you actually see it move or did you see a pale patch on a stooges arm disappear when rubbed by Dynamo and then be shown on a previously hidden patch of arm by her sleeve?
  • weedledeedleweedledeedle Posts: 8,669
    Forum Member
    how did he do Tinie Tempah's glasses on the CD cover though??

that was really clever IMO :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mercifull wrote: »
    I'm not in the business of giving peoples magic secrets out that the inventors make money from (i'll save that to ITV3s masked magician) but did you actually see it move or did you see a pale patch on a stooges arm disappear when rubbed by Dynamo and then be shown on a previously hidden patch of arm by her sleeve?

I would be a much better trick if he moved it a few inches up her arm to a part that had always been clearly visible.

But then, like everything else he does, its not his trick anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    I was really looking forward to this, but like people have stated above.. a lot of it is misdirection and sleight of hand, i actually have the card trick where he placed the deck in someones hand and "levitates" the card they picked out of the deck.. i picked the trick up for £2.50 from a market.. it's a nice little trick, but i was gobsmacked that it was actually shown on tv...especially when i can perform it exactly the same and i have no magical experience at all.. there were too many mistakes for me.. i saw exactly how the "phone into bottle" trick was done... I rewound it and paused it on sky+ so i could show my missus.. who at that point suggested we watched something else.. I also found him very uncomfortable, where David Blaine seems completely natural at involving his audience, this guy seemed really uncomfortable,
  • SecretSmilerSecretSmiler Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he is on the radio at the mo (radio bbc5live)

must say though, magic doesnt lend itself to radio lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I was really looking forward to this, but like people have stated above.. a lot of it is misdirection and sleight of hand, i actually have the card trick where he placed the deck in someones hand and "levitates" the card they picked out of the deck.. i picked the trick up for £2.50 from a market.. it's a nice little trick, but i was gobsmacked that it was actually shown on tv...especially when i can perform it exactly the same and i have no magical experience at all.. there were too many mistakes for me.. i saw exactly how the "phone into bottle" trick was done... I rewound it and paused it on sky+ so i could show my missus.. who at that point suggested we watched something else.. I also found him very uncomfortable, where David Blaine seems completely natural at involving his audience, this guy seemed really uncomfortable,

The phone-in-bottle trick bamboozled me as much as his audience. Dare anybody reveal all?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    There is an actual thread already for the show guys.
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    I was really looking forward to this, but like people have stated above.. a lot of it is misdirection and sleight of hand...
    That's magic!