Lost theory test certificate - how can I get a new one?

cbatescbates Posts: 1,180
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As per the title, I gave it to my mum to put in the safe the day I got it, and a few days ago when I need it she tells me I never gave it to her and she doesn't know where it is. :rolleyes:

So how do I get another one, I looked around the DSA for answers but I find it a bit confusing to find my way around it!

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've lost my Theory Test Certificate?

If you ring the customer service team at the DSA responsible for the theory test on: 0300 200 1188. They will be able to give you your Certificate number or they will send you a letter confirming that you passed - this will be enough proof for the Examiner at the beginning of your practical test.

In reference to taking the practical test, you will still be allowed to take it even if you don't take your Theory Certificate to the test centre. However, you will have to sign a legal declaration stating that you have passed the Theory Test. This will be checked on the DSA database at a later date.

The most important thing to take to the test centre for the practical test is your provisional licence with the paper counterpart. If you don't have these, your test won't go ahead and you will lose your fee!
    http://www.dreamdrivinglessons.co.uk/lost_theory_test_certificate.htm

Similar advice here. See question 29.
  • cbatescbates Posts: 1,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sigurd wrote: »

Thank you :)