Ellie Goulding Appreciation Thread

BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
Forum Member
Lights was one of my favorite albums of last year, loved her cover of Your Song. The Writer is my favorite song of hers and I saw her great performance at V festival yesterday

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely love Lights (song) and really like Starry Eyed! Your Song was quite good too. Dunno whether I like her enough to get the album though...
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    I absolutely love Lights (song) and really like Starry Eyed! Your Song was quite good too. Dunno whether I like her enough to get the album though...

Its a nice buy and yes I really liked the re-worked version of Lights
  • theshadowtheshadow Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is a breath of fresh air. Lights (the song) is a pop masterpiece IMO. Love both versions equally.
    Can't wait to see what she comes up with next as she seems very talented and well capable of writing her own good material.
    Forum Member
    Good I found it! New album news should be coming soon as she said last year she's releasing her album in early 2012
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Ellie Goulding although still angry at the re-release (Ep much :p) love both versions will forever love this love (will be your downafall)

I heard there was an album out this year here's to hoping but it will be 2 years in march
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Love Ellie Goulding although still angry at the re-release (Ep much :p) love both versions will forever love this love (will be your downafall)

I heard there was an album out this year here's to hoping but it will be 2 years in march

Indeed! This Love is fantastic, The Writer is my personal favourite and yes that's a good idea for the release
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Indeed! This Love is fantastic, The Writer is my personal favourite and yes that's a good idea for the release

I love all that album apart from home, and i think she said she was going more dark less light i'm feeling a more wish i stayed vibe with extra folk so a spring summer release would be a good idea as long as La Roux keeps away she's releasing this year too and would be Ellie 's biggest rival

Mind you Ellie VS Elly does have a nice ring :D
    Forum Member
    I love all that album apart from home, and i think she said she was going more dark less light i'm feeling a more wish i stayed vibe with extra folk so a spring summer release would be a good idea as long as La Roux keeps away she's releasing this year too and would be Ellie 's biggest rival

Mind you Ellie VS Elly does have a nice ring :D

Oh I love it when the 2009/10 faves all come together, this year promises to be a great year for music (or at least I presume) and I guess we have to give her a chance with her dark image before we judge, in several months you may have a change of opinion ;)

And yes it does, can't wait for a magazine to use that, you'll be pressed :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I love it when the 2009/10 faves all come together, this year promises to be a great year for music (or at least I presume) and I guess we have to give her a chance with her dark image before we judge, in several months you may have a change of opinion ;)

And yes it does, can't wait for a magazine to use that, you'll be pressed :p

So true they year of electronic Ellie, La roux, And little boots and all are seemingly going darker and edgier im expecting alot though as its been a while since we had new music but my anticipation is rife.

And i know Copyright me :cool:
    Forum Member
    So true they year of electronic Ellie, La roux, And little boots and all are seemingly going darker and edgier im expecting alot though as its been a while since we had new music but my anticipation is rife.

And i know Copyright me :cool:

I thought Elly Jackson was scary enough in the Bulletproof video with that striking makeup so god forbid I'll be having nightmares if she goes for a darker image :eek:

I'm also hoping this album fares even better for Ellie, internationally Lights did okay but this one could really fill in a lot of the gaps, she could really breakthrough in America with a good hit single and then the album as long as it isn't too "indie"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Elly Jackson was scary enough in the Bulletproof video with that striking makeup so god forbid I'll be having nightmares if she goes for a darker image :eek:

I'm also hoping this album fares even better for Ellie, internationally Lights did okay but this one could really fill in a lot of the gaps, she could really breakthrough in America with a good hit single and then the album as long as it isn't too "indie"

I know she hasn't changed all that much from what i saw in Ab Fab the other night :D

And true 76 and 80 (something) for lights album and single not bad going she would need to do a florence all high profile shows ie sturday night live to really impact in the US
    Forum Member
    I know she hasn't changed all that much from what i saw in Ab Fab the other night :D

And true 76 and 80 (something) for lights album and single not bad going she would need to do a florence all high profile shows ie sturday night live to really impact in the US

Who was on Ab Fab? Elly or Ellie?

True the album got into the top 100, something a lot of artists who have tried to "crack" America haven't managed fair dos and she could do with going on SNL, Letterman, Ellen etc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who was on Ab Fab? Elly or Ellie?

True the album got into the top 100, something a lot of artists who have tried to "crack" America haven't managed fair dos and she could do with going on SNL, Letterman, Ellen etc

Elly sang a duet with Jeniffer Saunders :p

And as long as she has the material and promotion she can do it if Jessie J can
    Forum Member
    Elly sang a duet with Jeniffer Saunders :p

And as long as she has the material and promotion she can do it if Jessie J can

Oh wow! I'll have to look on youtube for it and I of course she can!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh wow! I'll have to look on youtube for it and I of course she can!

Haha it is rather amazeballs and i hope so she deserves it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellie Goulding Lights (single) has re-entered the billboard 200 at 99 WTH and how :)
    Forum Member
    Ellie Goulding Lights (single) has re-entered the billboard 200 at 99 WTH and how :)

That's great! She must have done some good promo, hope the radio support her more, then it can get higher!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's great! She must have done some good promo, hope the radio support her more, then it can get higher!

It was a nice surprise i thought she ended her US tour but this is a good sign for things to come i hope
    Forum Member
    It was a nice surprise i thought she ended her US tour but this is a good sign for things to come i hope

It is! I honestly have no idea where in the world she is!? I know she spent the majority of last year in USA, she's done really well with all the gigs and everything
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is! I honestly have no idea where in the world she is!? I know she spent the majority of last year in USA, she's done really well with all the gigs and everything

I know and now she is re-entering the billboards go Ellie :D
    Forum Member
    I know and now she is re-entering the billboards go Ellie :D

Woop woop! Really looking forward to new music from her and I imagine album #2 will fare better in America, like Florence
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woop woop! Really looking forward to new music from her and I imagine album #2 will fare better in America, like Florence

So true especially as British music is having a worldwide resurgence
    Forum Member
    So true especially as British music is having a worldwide resurgence

Indeed! Mainly the women: Adele, La Roux, Florence and now Ellie! So all eyes are on our crop ;)

Annoyed she didn't pick up a BRIT last year, she had best female in the bag I thought, wtf Laura Marling?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed! Mainly the women: Adele, La Roux, Florence and now Ellie! So all eyes are on our crop ;)

Annoyed she didn't pick up a BRIT last year, she had best female in the bag I thought, wtf Laura Marling?

Who run the world Brit girls :D

And you will hate me but i love Both but thought it was a shock and so rewarding to give it to Laura her music is incredible more folk less pop than Ellie who would have been obvious
    Forum Member
    Who run the world Brit girls :D

And you will hate me but i love Both but thought it was a shock and so rewarding to give it to Laura her music is incredible more folk less pop than Ellie who would have been obvious

That's another thing Beyonce will steal off you, especially if she's at the BRITS ;)

Well I have nothing against Ms Marling and she is very creative from what I've heard of her so it's all good and anyway better Laura winning than Cheryl ;)