Ellie Goulding Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    That's another thing Beyonce will steal off you, especially if she's at the BRITS ;)

Well I have nothing against Ms Marling and she is very creative from what I've heard of her so it's all good and anyway better Laura winning than Cheryl ;)

I know ima be on the phone to her management with a lawsuit by the end of 2012 ;)

And so true seriously if you like the more folky side of Ellie i suggest you listen to alas i cannot swim it's Laura's most poppy it may take a few listens but it will reward you :)
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    I found it hard to believe she's 25! She only comes across as a baby! :eek:

Though it's cute
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found it hard to believe she's 25! She only comes across as a baby! :eek:

Though it's cute

Haha i find her quite mature and refined in an odd english rose kind of way :p
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Haha i find her quite mature and refined in an odd english rose kind of way :p

I mean yes her traditional folk countryside roots really work for her, but the first time I saw the video for Under the Sheets I thought she was about 15! A bit like Birdy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I mean yes her traditional folk countryside roots really work for her, but the first time I saw the video for Under the Sheets I thought she was about 15! A bit like Birdy

I get what you mean i thought she was my age at the time 18 or so
    Forum Member
    Been listening to the single version of Lights all morning, one year on and I still love it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been listening to the single version of Lights all morning, one year on and I still love it!

Have you heard her demo's i started collecting them circa 2009 when the hype was growing some beautiful things in there like a cover of Robyn's be mine :)
  • LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whens her next album?:D
    Forum Member
    Have you heard her demo's i started collecting them circa 2009 when the hype was growing some beautiful things in there like a cover of Robyn's be mine :)

To be honest no, I didn't really take a shine to her until sometime between Starry Eyed and Guns and Horses
    Forum Member
    Whens her next album?:D

It's supposed to be the first quarter of this year however, we've heard very little
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest no, I didn't really take a shine to her until sometime between Starry Eyed and Guns and Horses

Their worth a listen also her remix album run into the light is very good love her jakwob dubstep remixes and the russel chimes starry eyed remix ;)
    Forum Member
    Their worth a listen also her remix album run into the light is very good love her jakwob dubstep remixes and the russel chimes starry eyed remix ;)

That will be my project for next week then, listen to early demos and Run Into The Light.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That will be my project for next week then, listen to early demos and Run Into The Light.

Haha i love it :D

It's great though because as we wait for new material there is alot of older stuff to be unearthed and mined
    Forum Member
    Haha i love it :D

It's great though because as we wait for new material there is alot of older stuff to be unearthed and mined

Stop spilling your true tea! You're right, I hope it will give me more of a background to her, I'm hoping and some point we'll get something like Madonna's Rain Tapes from her
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stop spilling your true tea! You're right, I hope it will give me more of a background to her, I'm hoping and some point we'll get something like Madonna's Rain Tapes from her

It will it shows her folky origins especially wish i stayed its amazing what it became and shows her gradual progression to folktronica and starry eyed too not as beat heavy

and not for Lights most demo's can be found but she's been working for a while now so the next set of demo's may leak closer to release :D
    Forum Member
    It will it shows her folky origins especially wish i stayed its amazing what it became and shows her gradual progression to folktronica and starry eyed too not as beat heavy

and not for Lights most demo's can be found but she's been working for a while now so the next set of demo's may leak closer to release :D

Ah I see, I hope she doesn't embrace this darker sound and image without forgetting her folk roots, but I suppose only time will tell :)

Yeah I hope we do get a few demo leaks so we can get an insight into the album
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah I see, I hope she doesn't embrace this darker sound and image without forgetting her folk roots, but I suppose only time will tell :)

Yeah I hope we do get a few demo leaks so we can get an insight into the album

I don't know in essence alot of the lyrics on Lights are quite dark and macabre but with the folk/electro sounds to balance them out

And i know am so intrigued to see where she takes us next i mean the added six tracks on Bright lights just a year later were a world away from Lights original

Also some songs for you to listen too Swimming pool (i'll hold my breath demo) and my favourite Ellie song Fighter Plane the b-side to under the sheets completely different to everything else she has done:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ellie still on the hot 100 non mover though but still :)
    Forum Member
    ellie still on the hot 100 non mover though but still :)

Yeah I suppose, another week off the Bubbling Under :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I suppose, another week off the Bubbling Under :p

No shes on the proper singles chart hopefully in the coming weeks she can move upwards ;)
    Forum Member
    No shes on the proper singles chart hopefully in the coming weeks she can move upwards ;)

That's why I said another week off the bubbling under :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's why I said another week off the bubbling under :)

Haha sorry i thought you were talking about the bubbling under chart ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh m it has actually happened she has moved up to 92 0r 3 but its the right direction :)
    Forum Member
    Oh m it has actually happened she has moved up to 92 0r 3 but its the right direction :)

Yeah that's good! Wasn't her peak last time in the 80s?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes so hopefully whatever's been fueling the song up the charts will make it get higher

And hopefully more attention to the album :)