Jeremy Kyle New Series

Comments

• bookboxerbookboxer Posts: 1,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pegasus2 wrote: »
    Anyone noticed there are a lot of returning guests? One family has been on about four times.

I was thinking that too. It's a sure sign that the show is on its last legs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookboxer wrote: »
    I was thinking that too. It's a sure sign that the show is on its last legs.
    True. Do you think the show will reach the 10th anniversary? Also if ITV do axe the show what do you think they will put on in it's replacement?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liquinn wrote: »
    True. Do you think the show will reach the 10th anniversary? Also if ITV do axe the show what do you think they will put on in it's replacement?

Repeats of Jeremey Kyle obviously.... ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    Repeats of Jeremey Kyle obviously.... ;)
    Speaking of repeats... I wonder out of the just over 8 years that the show's been on air have been repeats?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cathrin wrote: »
    Oh dear, it's one of those shows when Jeremy talks in his Rough London Boy voice and fawns over a former armed robber who's Turned His Life Around. :rolleyes:

I fast fowarded the alleged hard men bit :yawn::yawn: "- they were loverly fellas, always kind to their old mum." Barrels definitely being scraped now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Speaking of repeats... I wonder out of the just over 8 years that the show's been on air have been repeats?

Why do you ask so many questions, most of which have already been answered to the best of everyone's knowledge?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caught up with an episode and they used a soundtrack in the bumber break "coming up" clip - Abba's Knowing Me, Knowing You. There was also a woman who thought her bloke was cheating because of a dream she had!

What a sorry joke this show has become. It really wasn't that bad for the first few years. It's become the UK answer to Jerry Springer but with even trashier, uglier guests and a host who has zero of Jerry's charisma or likeability.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caught up with an episode and they used a soundtrack in the bumber break "coming up" clip - Abba's Knowing Me, Knowing You. There was also a woman who thought her bloke was cheating because of a dream she had!

What a sorry joke this show has become. It really wasn't that bad for the first few years. It's become the UK answer to Jerry Springer but with even trashier, uglier guests and a host who has zero of Jerry's charisma or likeability.
    True. At-least Springer doesn't pretend to help anyone.

Anyone know what episode count this show is on?
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    True. At-least Springer doesn't pretend to help anyone.

Anyone know what episode count this show is on?

Why don't you ever answer the questions asked to you? This time by Like A Star.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    Why don't you ever answer the questions asked to you? This time by Like A Star.

I've read the last few pages of this thread back and I agree with the poster who asked if Liquinn asked so many questions because they might have learning difficulties, and that it's exhausting. :o
  • ILoveMyDogILoveMyDog Posts: 26,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He got called Alan Partridge yesterday (or it might have been the day before)

I thought of Cathrin, she has been comparig Jez to Alan for ages
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ILoveMyDog wrote: »

That entire exchange came across as scripted and pre-prepared to me, though.
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ILoveMyDog wrote: »

I thought of Cathrin, she has been comparig Jez to Alan for ages

Ha! :):D:o Yes I saw that bit, and it did make me smile. I actually think Jeremy has got even more Partridge-like in recent months (and not in a good way!) :) That pursed-lipped Petulant Toddler Pout he does to indicate displeasure is pure Alan. Ditto the way he tries to act all tough and matey with "hard men", which always reminds me of Alan trying pathetically to be pals with his builders. :)

Jeremy also reminds me a lot of AP in the way he reacts whenever his nose is put out of joint, especially when a guest gets a little too much of the spotlight. That always seems to bring out the spiteful and snide side in him (just like Alan.) Did anyone see how David Van Day walked onstage milking the applause and working the audience? You could practically see the steam coming out of Jeremy's ears as he was left on the sidelines beckoning David to come and sit down, and being completely ignored as the audience cheered and clapped. When David finally did come to sit down, Jeremy greeted him with a snide put-down: "You're much shorter than I expected". What a charming way to welcome one's celebrity guest! :)

I totally agree, LikeAStar. It came across as being set up to show us what a great sense of humour Jeremy has and how well he gets on with guests. :) Earlier in the show, another guest had flatly refused to shake Jeremy's hand. (Jeremy stood there with his hand outstretched for a good few seconds, one leg bizarrely suspended in the air behind him. Then he flicked his hand dismissively and said "Not an issue", although it clearly bothered him! He was obviously going for one of those "We got off on the wrong foot but we're mates now" moments, when a guest he's been shouting at and bullying suddenly sees the light, his life transformed by Jeremy's shouting. :rolleyes: But this guy was having none of it (and quite right too!)

Jeremy even tried to shake his hand again a few minutes later, unsuccessfully. ....So yes, the jokey Alan Partridge bit (followed by a rather unnecessary hug from the guest) struck me as somewhat staged too, to redress the balance after the first guest refused to play the game! :)
  • SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do you know Graham's not a trained psychologist?
    He could be trained though as far we know. Hmmmmm.

Someone posted a link to his own website a while ago, which lists his qualifications on the home page. He's not a psychologist. Graham has a masters degree in psychology and a few certificates and diplomas. He has a business that provides backstage support for television shows. He's a businessman, not a psychologist or counsellor.
  • SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know teens talking in slang is nothing new but do the slightly older people like this boy realise how stupid they come across? Not that they'd care, but it makes me shudder when people speak like that.

In a word, nope!

When I was about 14 I went through a bit of a wigger phase. I thought the adults had no clue what was real or not and what was cool or not. I did feel self conscious about being fake though. I thought that I would only look ridiculous if I didn't imitate it well enough, not that it's a ridiculous way to talk regardless, especially if you're white.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The producer had told him what to say.... it was as plain as a pikestaff.

Old trick used by many in the 'entertainment' business.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Squatch wrote: »
    In a word, nope!

When I was about 14 I went through a bit of a wigger phase. I thought the adults had no clue what was real or not and what was cool or not. I did feel self conscious about being fake though. I thought that I would only look ridiculous if I didn't imitate it well enough, not that it's a ridiculous way to talk regardless, especially if you're white.

I talked like an idiot for a bit in my teens as well, thinking I was dead cool at the time. However, the people that appear on Jeremy Kyle with their "street" talk are often over 18 and that's where I question it. I think most teenagers go through a bit of a phase but what's the adults excuse? They are just willfully uneducated and that's sad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Squatch wrote: »
    He has a business that provides backstage support for television shows. He's a businessman, not a psychologist or counsellor.

Not remotely surprised by this. No proper mental health professional would have anything to do with something like the Jeremy Kyle show. It's a disgrace how they act like Graham is the be all end all of mental health knowledge and support...how do they get away with it?
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    The producer had told him what to say.... it was as plain as a pikestaff.

Old trick used by many in the 'entertainment' business.

He did say that though.

"I know a producer told you to say that and she's going to be dead"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He did say that though.

"I know a producer told you to say that and she's going to be dead"

Makes you wonder what else they are prompted to say doesn't it?
  • HiMyNameIsHiMyNameIs Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Special episode today. The first guy was great! Liked his positive attitude.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy should do a programme on people with mental health problems. Other peoples thoughts?
  • thismorningfanthismorningfan Posts: 1,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy should do a programme on people with mental health problems. Other peoples thoughts?

That would be great!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would be great!
    Yup. Or have both people with physical and mental difficulties or problems on the same at the same time. Has Jeremy Kyle ever covered people with mental disorders on the show? It'd make a change from people that have physical disabilities and they should consider doing a show about that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HiMyNameIs wrote: »
    Special episode today. The first guy was great! Liked his positive attitude.

I absolutely loathe JK and his 'specials'. The bloke trying to be compassionate and caring just doesn't wash with me.... he always looks so insincere. Stick with the chavs and deadbeats Kyle at least we know what you really think of them.