Britain’s Got Talent’s Richard And Adam spend third week on top

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Britain's Got Talent Richard And Adam are now tied with Justin Timberlake for the most consecutive weeks at Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart this year.

Britain’s Got Talent duo Richard And Adam Johnson have held onto the Number 1 spot on the Official Albums Chart for a third week in a row with their debut album, The Impossible Dream.

The brothers from Holywell, North Wales, knocked X Factor runner-up Jahmene Douglas’ debut full length, Love Never Fails (down 11 places to Number 12 today) off Number 1 earlier this month. Richard And Adam’s album is now tied with US star Justin Timberlake’s The 20/20 Experience for the most consecutive weeks at Number 1 this year so far. The Motion Picture Cast Recording of Tom Hooper’s big screen adaptation of Les Miserables has spent the most over-all weeks at Number 1 (four) during 2013.

When they first reached Number 1, Richard told OfficialCharts.com:

“It’s a dream come true to have an album out, but to be in the position to go home and tell Nan, and Mum and Dad we’re actually Number 1 is incredible!”

“It’s amazing!” added Adam. “You’ve made us happy, and you’ve made our Nan extremely happy!”

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/official-albums-chart-britains-got-talents-richard-and-adam-spend-third-week-on-top-2430/

Comments

• Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's quite surprising. How much have they actually sold so far?
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Album sales really are shocking at the minute. Richard and Adam only managed 24,864 last week, so I hate to think how low their sales will be this week as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    That's quite surprising. How much have they actually sold so far?

Not including this week - 53,846.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *throws eggs at them*
  • ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,142
    Forum Member
    I read somewhere that the record has gone gold. I thought sales had to be over 100,00 to get that??
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy for them, I know they're from a reality show and most people probably won't class them as "real artists" (especially on here haha) - but they have their target audience, and they seem to be really enjoying it.

I have a few regulars at work (I work in HMV ha) who have bought the album and when they come in they tell me how wonderful it is, so it's nice to see they're making their fans happy! :)

And they do have ridiculously good voices for two 'normal' people :p
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    ChrissieAO wrote: »
    I read somewhere that the record has gone gold. I thought sales had to be over 100,00 to get that??

Isn't it based on Shipping rather than pure Sales here?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ChrissieAO wrote: »
    Electra wrote: »
    Isn't it based on Shipping rather than pure Sales here?

Yes it is. The album isn't listed as being certified on the BPI website though, so to say it's shipped 100,000 copies is a total guess for anyone who isn't an industry insider. Sales wise they could have passed the Silver mark this week however (70,000).
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,120
    Forum Member
    I'm probably going to keep egging on the appreciation thread of theirs.... purely because it's like a graveyard.

It's always the classical ones that we get out of BGT that actually seem to have some post-show success, even if they don't stay in the public eye much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They sold an additional 19,325 copies this week, bringing their total up to 73,177 (enough for a Silver certificate).