Samsung galaxy s5

big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
Forum Member
✭✭
What do we all want in the galaxy s5? Apparently the s4 has had disappointing sales so the s5 coukd be out in as early as january.

Id like a minimum 64gb memory, a screen as nice as the new nexus. Not sure if I want the eye tech such as the eye scrolling etc thats very gimmicky for me.

Comments

• enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do we all want in the galaxy s5? Apparently the s4 has had disappointing sales so the s5 coukd be out in as early as january.

Id like a minimum 64gb memory, a screen as nice as the new nexus. Not sure if I want the eye tech such as the eye scrolling etc thats very gimmicky for me.

From what I hear it going be a minor upgrade with a Snapdragon 800 processor and a faux leather thing like the Note 3. Likely upgrade UI a bit at same time. I think the device that will be the main one everyone will be looking at will the Samsung F.
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    The galaxy j had the 800 by all accounts, not here though
  • jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are probably unfounded rumours that it will carry the Tizen OS instead of Android. It will be interesting to see if Samsung bring that into the light of day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonner101 wrote: »
    There are probably unfounded rumours that it will carry the Tizen OS instead of Android. It will be interesting to see if Samsung bring that into the light of day.

Wasn't Tizen meant be getting a release on a phone around this time originally?
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    enapace wrote: »
    From what I hear it going be a minor upgrade with a Snapdragon 800 processor and a faux leather thing like the Note 3. Likely upgrade UI a bit at same time. I think the device that will be the main one everyone will be looking at will the Samsung F.

Faux leather in the S5:eek: that can't be true. I thought they were going to go for a metal case to try and raise the premium on the phone.
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the goodies you'd expect plus a universal remote control.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    Faux leather in the S5: that can't be true. I thought they were going to go for a metal case to try and raise the premium on the phone.

No the F series is going be getting the metal premium one the S series from what I hear are getting faux leather.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    it's just going to be the same but incrementally better isn't it.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt we will see much of an upgrade, probably just matching the internals of the LG G2 (More RAM, Bigger battery, Faster CPU/GPU...)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone said a metal casing like the HTC One
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    klendathu wrote: »

Going by rumours the new F range will be metal with the current S range staying with plastic.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    All the goodies you'd expect plus a universal remote control.

Like the old Nokia N900 :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No the F series is going be getting the metal premium one the S series from what I hear are getting faux leather.

Rumours of the F series have passed me by. Is there going to be another phone series that sits above the S series? Does that make any sense:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    Rumours of the F series have passed me by. Is there going to be another phone series that sits above the S series? Does that make any sense:confused:

Yeah from I understand from what a friend said the F will be the premium line high end devices and S will be high mid range devices.

Was told we should hear details about F Series in Q2.
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    klendathu wrote: »

I must admit I like the "plastic" on the S3/S4 as it keeps weight down.
  • Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonner101 wrote: »
    There are probably unfounded rumours that it will carry the Tizen OS instead of Android.
    If there are, those rumours are wrong.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Whas the Samsung f?
  • TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit I like the "plastic" on the S3/S4 as it keeps weight down.

I like a bit of weight, me - gives the phone a reassuring sturdy feel. Samsung put a metal back cover on the Wave and it was lovely.

A bit of aluminum wouldn't go amiss. It's the only thing I grumble about on the Galaxy S series. I'd pay £50 more for a metal cased version even.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    From what I hear it going be a minor upgrade with a Snapdragon 800 processor and a faux leather thing like the Note 3. Likely upgrade UI a bit at same time.

I hope not. The Galaxy S4 already has a Snapdragon 800 variant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheSloth wrote: »
    I like a bit of weight, me - gives the phone a reassuring sturdy feel. Samsung put a metal back cover on the Wave and it was lovely.

A bit of aluminum wouldn't go amiss. It's the only thing I grumble about on the Galaxy S series. I'd pay £50 more for a metal cased version even.

If the rumours of the 'F' series are true, you may get your wish.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheSloth wrote: »

If an aluminium casing stops people phoning me about their phone screen cracking when they've dropped it (and yes that DOES put it out of warranty people) I'd be all for it. The way some of them go on you'd think I had actually damaged their phone for them.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I would like to see a metal casing on the S5 personally, though if the rumours of the F series are true then I guess it just offers everyone the best of both worlds.

Aside from that I think I want them to bring in a new shape, and some more of an individual identity to the phone. I complained for so long that iPhone's all look, feel and act exactly the same as each other and it was a pro on Samsung's side. But then the S4 felt like the S3.2 rather than an upgrade.

I'm not sure it all matters for me though. I have myself an S2 which I bought in January 2012. I had to spend £150 on a screen repair earlier this summer (it fell out of a hole in my bag, bad luck rather than phone quality) only for the SIM Card Reader to die on me just over two weeks later, and then last week for the screen to die on me entirely so it's blank. I'd call it a glorified mp3 player now, but even bargain mp3 players have a screen I can see, so it's not even glorified :p

I think after 10 years with Samsung phones I'm switching to Sony for my next one.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worth mentioning that whilst technology keeps moving forwards, you can now buy the iconic S3 for £240.

It has not LTE and no dual screen mode but some would argue that a 720p screen is all you need.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    Worth mentioning that whilst technology keeps moving forwards, you can now buy the iconic S3 for £240.

It has not LTE and no dual screen mode but some would argue that a 720p screen is all you need.

There is an LTE version but I'm not sure of the price.