Who Do You Want To Win?

Comments

• humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame no one did this poll yesterday...it would have been interesting to see who the bottom two would have been on here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Champion of champions - Ray
    Runner Up - Hayley
    Third Place - Beth

For me the level of Hayleys skating combined with her emotive performances mean I always enjoy her routines so much more than Beth's.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Beth but i'd be happy if Hayley won too. I just dont enjoy watching Ray at all
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mnc wrote: »
    Champion of champions - Ray
    Runner Up - Hayley
    Third Place - Beth

For me the level of Hayleys skating combined with her emotive performances mean I always enjoy her routines so much more than Beth's.

Ray is No 1 for me.

I'm torn between Hayley and Beth for the 2nd spot...generally, I do enjoy watching Hayleys performances more ovrall, I think she performs better, but I'm not sure she does enough skating to earn her even the second place title? Beth skates better than Hayley and I'm impressed with a lot of her moves, yet overall I find it a bit dull to watch and its not got the same fluidity/artistry/charisma in performance as Hayleys or Rays. So not sure...probably Beth edges it because it is a skating competition and she beats Hayley on that.
  • dequeendequeen Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Winner - Ray, I want so badly to win because for me deserve it for being the complete ice dancer/skater.

Runner up - Beth, as I think she is a wonderful and talent ice skater even if she not quite up there with her performance. But she more that make up for it with me with her skating and gracefulness on the ice as well as her lines and tricks. She can be in hold with her partner and skate lovely and then when out of hold she shows that she is quite capable of doing just as well.

3rd place - Hayley. Even in the year she won, I wasn't hugely impressed with her. Yes she performance very well and can be just as expressional as Ray when she dances on ice but I actually like to see her properly skate on ice which for me she rarely does (on her own unlike the rest of the top 6). I'm left feeling unsatisfied (and a bit bored) when watching her ice dance performance as I can only see the same old thing of her being supported by her partner because either she still does not have the confident to skate on her own as well as the others or she has reached her limit in being able to learn more difficult technical skills. I don't really know but now when I look at her Jai Ho performance, all I know see is a lot of standing still dance moves and constantly in hold by Dan and not anywhere near enough ice skating for me to think it is up there with the best DOI performances ever.

However the one thing that I will never understand is how 2 ice skaters in Robin and Karen can think to give Hayley the scores they have been giving her especially yesterday when they are the judges that are suppose to be looking out for technical skills and I can not fathom how they could think Hayley technical skills come even close to Beth's
    I can just about get my head around Jason and Ashley thinking more of Hayley's performance skills but Robin and Karen should be above being bedazzled by her. They should be able to see this does not make up for shortcomings of what she can actually do on the ice with her skating.
  • MistyBlueEyesMistyBlueEyes Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ray all the way
  • Phoebe34Phoebe34 Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    Ray:)
  • musicangelmusicangel Posts: 7,164
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    I hope Ray has a massive rebound vote next week :)

He is the best all rounder left, he dances, he performs, he skates. He doesn't need to cling to his parter. *cough Hayley*. How often have the judges said it's sometimes hard to tell the pro from the celebrity?

ditto ��
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    musicangel wrote: »
    ditto ��

Yes, he has the full package..
    1) skating (he skates in such a beautiful, artistic way, but also does impressive and crowd pleasing jumps and makes transitions from one move to the other so fluidly)
    2)dancing
    3) performing
    4) a beautiful partnership, they are so in synch with their moves and really compliment each other

His performances are just beautiful to watch. As much as I have enjoyed a lot of the routines from the other skaters, and appreciate the talent they have and the hard work they've put in, they come nowhere near to how much I enjoy watching Rays performances - his are the only ones I like to watch and can enjoy again and again.
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    1) skating (he skates in such a beautiful, artistic way, but also does impressive and crowd pleasing jumps and makes transitions from one move to the other so fluidly)
    2)dancing
    3) performing
    4) a beautiful partnership, they are so in synch with their moves and really compliment each other

His performances are just beautiful to watch. As much as I have enjoyed a lot of the routines from the other skaters, and appreciate the talent they have and the hard work they've put in, they come nowhere near to how much I enjoy watching Rays performances - his are the only ones I like to watch and can enjoy again and again.

Quoted for truth. Sums up my views completely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    dequeen wrote: »
    Winner - Ray, I want so badly to win because for me deserve it for being the complete ice dancer/skater.

Runner up - Beth, as I think she is a wonderful and talent ice skater even if she not quite up there with her performance. But she more that make up for it with me with her skating and gracefulness on the ice as well as her lines and tricks. She can be in hold with her partner and skate lovely and then when out of hold she shows that she is quite capable of doing just as well.

3rd place - Hayley. Even in the year she won, I wasn't hugely impressed with her. Yes she performance very well and can be just as expressional as Ray when she dances on ice but I actually like to see her properly skate on ice which for me she rarely does (on her own unlike the rest of the top 6). I'm left feeling unsatisfied (and a bit bored) when watching her ice dance performance as I can only see the same old thing of her being supported by her partner because either she still does not have the confident to skate on her own as well as the others or she has reached her limit in being able to learn more difficult technical skills. I don't really know but now when I look at her Jai Ho performance, all I know see is a lot of standing still dance moves and constantly in hold by Dan and not anywhere near enough ice skating for me to think it is up there with the best DOI performances ever.

However the one thing that I will never understand is how 2 ice skaters in Robin and Karen can think to give Hayley the scores they have been giving her especially yesterday when they are the judges that are suppose to be looking out for technical skills and I can not fathom how they could think Hayley technical skills come even close to Beth's
    I can just about get my head around Jason and Ashley thinking more of Hayley's performance skills but Robin and Karen should be above being bedazzled by her. They should be able to see this does not make up for shortcomings of what she can actually do on the ice with her skating.

I totally agree!
  • lady*taralady*tara Posts: 19,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1st Ray
    2nd Beth
    3rd Hayley pity she is even there.>:(
  • Haggis&ChipsHaggis&Chips Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2)dancing
    3) performing

Agree with all above. I love watching Ray too. He's the only competitor I have been sufficiently moved by to watch old footage on youtube.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with all above. I love watching Ray too. He's the only competitor I have been sufficiently moved by to watch old footage on youtube.

Same:) I've watched all his old routines several times. I watched his rock and roll number first and thought to myself this really was his style and suited him so well...but then I went on and looked at the Spanish routines, the slow romantic ones, then the pop ones and realised that hes just such a talented performer and puts so much effort and detail into his interpretation of the music, that he just ends up owning every style of performance that there is.
  • The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    Interesting how polls vary. On this one, Ray is still in front but Hayley is more popular than Beth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray or Beth to win though actually I'd really like it if it was Beth.
    I like Ray and was impressed with him in his series. I think you can see his dance background showing through whe he is on the ice and he gels well with Maria. However, I haven't been a massive fan of his routines this series (but then I haven't felt particularly excited by any of them).

I was really pleased Beth won in her last series and I feel she just doesn't get the credit for her skating skills. I thought she went well with Dan last series but this series I think she works even better with Lukasz (sp?). I actually like her quiet style of performance and I feel it has perhaps come over more on the tv which can do close ups of her face than in the studio. I think her face does show emotion even if it isn't all manic grinning happy. I think perhaps I identify better with Beth's quieter personality and that is why I want her to win.

I actually quite liked Hayley in her series but I have felt more angered by the favouritism shown to her this series and that has put me off her. The solo skate showed that she loses all confidence the moment she is on her own, whereas the others demonstrate solo skating in their routines each week. For me that makes her third place, and really as someone who did not take to Sam at all, I felt he deserved a place in the final more than Hayley did.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    I've voted for Hayley all series but on the final I'll be voting for Ray. He deserves to win. He is perfection, although a little annoying !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray.

It would be utterly ridiculous if anyone else wins.

I agree! Ray is by far the best.

Hayley would be my runner-up - I always enjoy her performances.
  • Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray,he's the rayl quintessential ice dancer.
    Forum Member
    It'll be interesting to see how representative the DS poll is of those who pick up the phone and vote on the night. The other poll I linked to now has well over 1000 votes and they have Ray on 49%; Hayley on 29% and Beth on 22%.
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll be interesting to see how representative the DS poll is of those who pick up the phone and vote on the night. The other poll I linked to now has well over 1000 votes and they have Ray on 49%; Hayley on 29% and Beth on 22%.

The phone in vote on This Morning from what I understand had Ray on about 73% and that was before skateoffgate.
    Forum Member
    natalian wrote: »
    The phone in vote on This Morning from what I understand had Ray on about 73% and that was before skateoffgate.

I'd settle for that! I suspect that those behind Beth and Hayley feel more motivated to vote, though. Perhaps skateoffgate - as you put it - will change that.
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray is the winner for me and I don't care who is runner up. Both girls have pros and cons but Ray is far and away the best so he should be the winner.
  • MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayley & Dan :p
  • welsh_studwelsh_stud Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayley & Dan with Ray runner up. I actually like all 3 though, and had you asked me my ideal final 3 at the beginning of the series...this would have been the exact combination. So happy with whoever wins, but would prefer a Hayley to take it home.