The Cabin in the Woods

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    outatime wrote: »
    I enjoyed this movie and thought it was good fun and was a refreshing change. Can someone explain the following to me though..
    why is it engineered to be entertaining, eg. enticing the boy/girl to have sex in the woods? Is it suppose to be some sort of reality TV show for the ancient gods?

Its for our benefit, e.g the thing at the end represents the audience
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When they were shown in the lift with all the other ghosts/demons, I thought that meant that they were trapped there eternally, like purgatory, and would themselves become part of the "game show".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good film, i thoroughly enjoyed it but not as good as some reviewers have made it out to be though.

While it's not the usual dumb-drudge of a horror film, neither was it that clever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    I really didn't like it. The worst film I watched this year. Yet, I wanted to like it. I might give it a go when the price goes down.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amazingly creative

loved the last 20mins so much,especially during the
    purge

very very good film
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Maybe I didn't give it enough time but I thought the acting was awful and was really boring so I turned it off. Maybe I shoukd try again ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    id say so...alot of the characters are 2 dimensional because its kinda P taking typical horror films.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    amazingly creative

loved the last 20mins so much,especially during the
    purge

very very good film
    Which bright spark put a "purge" button out in the open, painted it bright red and didn't put some kind of MASSIVE lock on it?

Also, why did they even have a purge button in the first place considering what it means? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bought it on DVD recently and rewatched it....it's definitely worth a second or third watch to catch everything thats going on.
    Tried linking the items in the cellar to the horrors in the cages and have most of them now, but not all :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    When they were shown in the lift with all the other ghosts/demons, I thought that meant that they were trapped there eternally, like purgatory, and would themselves become part of the "game show".

I thought that too
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hutchy258 wrote: »
    I thought that too
    If they had become one of the "options"...I think I would have preferred to take my chances with ghosts, zombies, demons, mermaid-man or other any of the other options availble rather than face any time with a pair of terrified screaming teens. Now that would have been horrific.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    It's in Sainsburys for £10 on blu-ray. I'm wondering if I should get it or wait as it should be due on Sky shortly. Decision, decisions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old.Tallen wrote: »
    Bought it on DVD recently and rewatched it....it's definitely worth a second or third watch to catch everything thats going on.
    Tried linking the items in the cellar to the horrors in the cages and have most of them now, but not all :)
    http://thecabininthewoods.wikia.com/wiki/Monsters. This should help :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i need to rewatch it aswell..i didnt get it, the ending :o

anyway if it gets cheap on the used amazon i might buy it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Orangemaid;64558824]i need to rewatch it aswell..i didnt get it, the ending :o
    anyway if it gets cheap on the used amazon i might buy it[/QUOTE]
    Whats there to get about the ending?. (Not being sarcastic btw) :o
    Forum Member
    TOONARMY12 wrote: »
    Whats there to get about the ending?. (Not being sarcastic btw) :o

the bit in
    the lift and the demons, werewolves etc..people are stating they ''got it'' ...got what ..also in the cabin who /where were the men filming it ?
    I seen it abit ago, so i might need to refresh memory lol
    Forum Member
    Old.Tallen wrote: »

what the **** does your spoiler mean ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    what the **** does your spoiler mean ?

whatever item they had picked up in the cellar woul;d have determined the "monstor" that tried to kill them in the cabin
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    i need to rewatch it aswell..i didnt get it, the ending :o

anyway if it gets cheap on the used amazon i might buy it
    Since the start of man kind there have been various sacrifices to keep 'the ancient ones' at bay. These sacrifices consist of 5 roles - The Virgin / The Scholar / The Jock / The Hore / The Fool

- at the end of the film, the company failed in sacrificing these roles and the ancient ones were free to rise.

:cool:
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever the message it was irritating to watch, i might have enjoyed it more if i was 15 i guess. not really aimed at anyone over 21 is it so cant really complain
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ritch wrote: »
    whatever the message it was irritating to watch, i might have enjoyed it more if i was 15 i guess. not really aimed at anyone over 21 is it so cant really complain

It is a p-take and also a tribute to the horror genre, it actually has a lot of layers to it... and i'm 25.;)
  • BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ritch wrote: »

I'm 41 and loved it.
    It's aimed at any age because any age of person can enjoy the horror genre
  • HamburgerPimpHamburgerPimp Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    it's utter crap !
    Forum Member
    it's utter crap !

nicely put lol
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluray wrote: »
    I'm 41 and loved it.
    It's aimed at any age because any age of person can enjoy the horror genre

I was 42 when I saw it and I loved it as well - one of the best films i've seen in a while.