Which Mobile BB allow VOIP

Can anyone tell me which mobile BB provider allow VOIP ?

I'm using T Mobile at the moment and I don't think they allow it.

I also have an 02 dongle which I use occasionally.

Oh and will VOIP work OK with mobile BB ?????

Thanks.

Comments

• AppleseedAppleseed Posts: 3,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me which mobile BB provider allow VOIP ?

I'm using T Mobile at the moment and I don't think they allow it.

I also have an 02 dongle which I use occasionally.

Oh and will VOIP work OK with mobile BB ?????

Thanks.
    I have a T-Mobile dongle (and laptop) deal and VoIP is allowed, as are IM programs etc.

As long as the connection is half decent (upwards of 250k) you should have no problems with VoIP - but I wouldn't surf at the same time!

Edit - I'm on a contract and so I speak assuming you are too. I'm not sure how you stand on PAYG (if that's what you're on) but I do know that '3' allow VoIP via PAYG mobile broadband.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The T Mobile is a £15 monthly contract 3gb download a month and the PAYG 02 dongle you pay £15 and it lasts for 30 days (or less if you use up your 3gb allowance).
  • sean2003sean2003 Posts: 2,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've found the quality of mobile broadband usually to be too poor to be able to sustain a VoIP call without any noticebale delay / quality issues.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks....... the speed of my T Mobile BB does vary quite a bit.
  • battlezonebattlezone Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping a 3 monthly contract will allow SIP (VoIP) services.

I am planning on buying a Netgear 3G router which allows user control on QoS for VoIP services. I'm told by Voicehost they require 80kbs minimum for their service.
  • sean2003sean2003 Posts: 2,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The quality of VoIP calls over 3G and HSDPA services really is not too good in most cases!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    T Mobile with HSPDA services
  • nafanny29nafanny29 Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VOIP over mobile internet is useless LOL
  • hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    battlezone wrote: »
    I'm hoping a 3 monthly contract will allow SIP (VoIP) services.

I am planning on buying a Netgear 3G router which allows user control on QoS for VoIP services. I'm told by Voicehost they require 80kbs minimum for their service.
    3 have a deal with Skype to allow it's use over the 3 network, but not sure about other services!

Vodafone also allows Skype
    http://www.compare3gmobilebroadband.co.uk/vodafone-mobile-broadband-internet.htm
  • chaos77chaos77 Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have used SIP with t-mobile on an android phone (sipdroid) - both voice and video were fine, i would imagine a dongle would work the same!
  • Presenter100Presenter100 Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use the Skype App on my HTC Desire via Orange on a £20 month contract. Hardly notice data usage and it works nicely calling my partner in China
  • MagnamundianMagnamundian Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm using Soho66 VOIP on a E63 via 3Mobile (£10 per month contract sim-only deal).

Allows me to pickup calls for the OH's business when she can't answer them.
  • IqoniqIqoniq Posts: 6,299
    Forum Member
    nafanny29 wrote: »
    VOIP over mobile internet is useless LOL
    I've got Skype on my phone and I generally use it to call a friend in the US and the quality is usually great, apart from the odd bit of clicking occasionally. I'm with 3.
  • SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iqoniq wrote: »
    I've got Skype on my phone and I generally use it to call a friend in the US and the quality is usually great, apart from the odd bit of clicking occasionally. I'm with 3.

Perhaps they have improved the network since November 2010.:D

Never had any problem with 3 nether using Skype or Sipgate same goes for GiffGaff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Used Skype to make video calls on my iPhone on O2 with no problems at all.