Leigh Francis - Twitter

Comments

• Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    Quite. Ignore Betty Britain: you did nothing wrong IMO. Apart from the fact BB wasn't on here when the discussions were underway, (s)he's a bit of WUM in my experience. The OP was beautifully hoisted by his own petard and I can't believe how silly he was...

I am not a WUM .. It appears if you don't follow the crowd on here you are classed as a WUM .. I don't think the OP twitter name should of been posted on here ..simple as that.. The person who did could of just posted the tweet without the name
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not a WUM .. It appears if you don't follow the crowd on here you are classed as a WUM .. I don't think the OP twitter name should of been posted on here ..simple as that.. The person who did could of just posted the tweet without the name

Someone claimed he had the same username on Twitter as he has on here, if that was the case then it wouldn't have been hard to find it, I haven't found it though :p
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D
  • grantus_maxgrantus_max Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Should *have* and would *have*, dear...:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member

And as I said before, if he'd asked for me to edit it when I was here I would have done *broken record*.

I posted it not knowing for sure it was him. He then confirmed it was complaining he'd been outed when tbh he'd pretty much outed himself. If I'd posted without his name a quick search on twitter of the exact tweet would have thrown up his twitter name for definite anyway.
  • marcina bolanmarcina bolan Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    Well I can't find any tweets and obviously this topic has been edited as the tweet isn't quoted here either

I know, I was hoping to see what the fuss was about and the tweet isn't even here!
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoulda woulda coulda.

For anyone's information, Leigh is a decent guy and he has every right to block any prick he chooses.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should *have* and would *have*, dear...:)

Sorry I didn't know the grammar police had arrived ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    In support of the OP .. Why does another poster feel the need to find their tweet and name them.. That to me is wrong .. A poster can post anything they don't have to be constantly badgered into giving evidence.. It's becoming very intimidating on DS and that's why I stayed away from posting for 3 months

You do realise that twitter is not private, your tweets are publicly visible and searchable via the site and via Google. You can't use such a service then moan about the privacy of your tweets. Particularly when you draw attention to them by posting a thread like this. If you want to keep them private, use Facebook and keep it off the UK's largest forum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone can block anyone - please feel free to block me. Keith Lemon is a top bloke - he came in our pub and bought drinks for everyone all night and did his Russian dancing on top of the bar.
  • jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    You do realise that twitter is not private, your tweets are publicly visible and searchable via the site and via Google. You can't use such a service then moan about the privacy of your tweets. Particularly when you draw attention to them by posting a thread like this. If you want to keep them private, use Facebook and keep it off the UK's largest forum.
    Precisely. Anyway using the same name is rather (how can I put this? ).......silly.;)
    If you want to stay off any search radars then vary your user names. It helps.
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    I used to work with him, he always said he was going to be on TV and we laughed but he did it so good on him even though it's not really my type of humour.
  • PaleHorsePaleHorse Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    Not at all; simply OK with her until she crossed the line about a friend of his; nothing 2 faced about that IMHO.

Complimentary and fawning is not simply OK.

It is two faced. Open your eyes.
    Forum Member
    PaleHorse wrote: »
    Complimentary and fawning is not simply OK.

It is two faced. Open your eyes.
    Complimentary & fawning ?:confused: Keith Lemon ? I don't think I've EVER seen him be that with anyone on his shows. He generally takes the pee out of everyone equally.Including the delectable Kelly & Holly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You can keep your tweets private actually by locking your account
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Perhaps the OP should have done that then instead of boasting about being given the finger then whinging when they were caught out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member

Which would have meant celebrities wouldn't see them and I wouldn't have found them so easily*. Double edged sword ;)

*Afaik OP could have made his twitter private though after having tweeted Leigh Francis thus meaning LF would have seen the tweet but noone here could have found it
  • PaleHorsePaleHorse Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    janna wrote: »
    Complimentary & fawning ?:confused: Keith Lemon ? I don't think I've EVER seen him be that with anyone on his shows. He generally takes the pee out of everyone equally.Including the delectable Kelly & Holly.

I'm not talking when it's him as Keith Lemon or on the show. I'm talking interviews where he's just being himself and talking about the show as if he were just a spectator.
    Forum Member
    PaleHorse wrote: »
    I'm not talking when it's him as Keith Lemon or on the show. I'm talking interviews where he's just being himself and talking about the show as if he were just a spectator.
    Fair enough.
    But in reality you rarely hear any celebs dissing people that appeared on their shows unless the guest was utterly truly & totally diabolical (or the host is a total fiend). KP wasn't that (& I don't like her :) ). Just wooden & reluctant to participate in the banter. She isn't very bright or quick witted ,so I daresay he wouldn't fully dump on her anyway since it would be cruel to mock her in real life,rather than in the show. Some people just can't handle high speed banter .She is such a one.
    Forum Member
    oops.......double post.
  • WhiteShadeWhiteShade Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    Digital Spy went to the trouble of removing the post detailing my real identity. The OP doesn’t seem to grasp the seriousness of the offence. I’m entitled to my anonymity just as much as the comedian is allowed the freedom to hide behind an outgoing character on a television show to disguise the fact he is actually shy in real life. I’m afraid the OP thought he’d make a name for himself at my expense without thinking about the personal trauma I’d have to go through. My family and friends read this forum and will most likely have put 2+2 together and worked out who my username is now. So I’ve more or less lost the ability to seek help on the advice forum.

Puzzled as to why he doesn't look into more cases of people saying harmless things about celebrities work and 'out' them too?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteShade wrote: »
    Digital Spy went to the trouble of removing the post detailing my real identity. The OP doesn’t seem to grasp the seriousness of the offence. I’m entitled to my anonymity just as much as the comedian is allowed the freedom to hide behind an outgoing character on a television show to disguise the fact he is actually shy in real life. I’m afraid the OP thought he’d make a name for himself at my expense without thinking about the personal trauma I’d have to go through. My family and friends read this forum and will most likely have put 2+2 together and worked out who my username is now. So I’ve more or less lost the ability to seek help on the advice forum.

Puzzled as to why he doesn't look into more cases of people saying harmless things about celebrities work and 'out' them too?

Get over it and move on.
    As someone said ^ if it bothers you so much help yourself by asking the mods if you can change your username instead of continually moaning about your loss of anonymity.

Maybe it'll teach you not to use the same name all over the internet.
  • WhiteShadeWhiteShade Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    Get over it and move on.
    As someone said ^ if it bothers you so much help yourself by asking the mods if you can change your username instead of continually moaning about your loss of anonymity.

Maybe it'll teach you not to use the same name all over the internet.

No that's just it.. My Twitter name is my real name!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteShade wrote: »
    No that's just it.. My Twitter name is my real name!

In that case, either don't use your real name, or the best thing would be not to Tweet famous people and if you get knocked back, moan about it on here. :D