The Bourne legacy

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
Forum Member
Has anyone here seen this yet? Good bad indifferent, whaddya think?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    indifferent
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    :confused::eek:
    Just watched The Bourne Legacy. I have to say that overall I was disappointed with what was promised to be a new chapter in the Bourne saga. Having said that the film is only 'inspired by the Bourne series by Robert Ludlum' and that is about it.
    It promised a lot and sadly only delivered on a few of its promises. Worth watching when it comes on Sky or it someone wants to lend you the DVD but I think buying it might prove for many a waste of money.
    Bring back Matt Damon and Paul Greengrass.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it OK at the time, but afterwards was disappointed that the plot was so thin, and had so few surprises.

You'll get more opinions if you find the original thread instead of starting a new one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Saw it at the cinema and as a big fan of the previous three movies i absolutely hated it, probably the worst film i've paid to see this year. I found it so boring, bland and uninteresting that i found myself staring at the dust in the projector light as it was more entertaining. And the ending is a completely atrocious set up for a sequel with barely any closure for the poor souls who suffered to the end credits of this movie (i have no intention of seeing the sequel to this film). Very poor film.

It's killed the series for me, i'll just stick to my Trilogy Blu Rays and pretend that Legacy doesn't exist.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the first three films. Watched this one yesterday but I couldn't really get into it. The prospect of it never interested me, and I don't like the silly plots that they've built on top of the original movies.
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it depends on if you enjoy the trilogy or not. I know a lot of people who loved the trilogy just hate this film, and I know a few who aren't fussed on the trilogy who quite enjoyed the film.

I personally didn't like the trilogy, I enjoyed the first one, but when they just lathered, rinsed and repeated the first film for the second one, I lost a little bit of my enjoyment of the films.

This film is quite good not a brilliant film but it was a fair action flick - won't be watching it over and over though.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Saw it at the cinema and as a big fan of the previous three movies i absolutely hated it, probably the worst film i've paid to see this year. I found it so boring, bland and uninteresting that i found myself staring at the dust in the projector light as it was more entertaining. And the ending is a completely atrocious set up for a sequel with barely any closure for the poor souls who suffered to the end credits of this movie (i have no intention of seeing the sequel to this film). Very poor film.

It's killed the series for me, i'll just stick to my Trilogy Blu Rays and pretend that Legacy doesn't exist.
    And I noticed in H.M.V today....Legacy, is in a new box set package with the other three.:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So is this like a reboot or does it contnue the story after the origional third bourne film.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    So is this like a reboot or does it contnue the story after the origional third bourne film.

It takes place around the same time as Ultimatum.

It's pointless shit that likes to pretend it's connected to the other 3. They say "Bourne" a lot and occasionally show a picture of Matt Damon....that's about it.
  • KidMoeKidMoe Posts: 5,851
    Forum Member

It continues the trilogy in the same way going to the toilet continues your dinner. It's properly dreadful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was sorely disappointed.
  • BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On its own it's not a bad film, there are bits i really enjoyed such as the shootout at the house - it's just that it's connected to the amazing Bourne trilogy so it can't match up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    It takes place around the same time as Ultimatum.

It's pointless shit that likes to pretend it's connected to the other 3. They say "Bourne" a lot and occasionally show a picture of Matt Damon....that's about it.
    KidMoe wrote: »
    It continues the trilogy in the same way going to the toilet continues your dinner. It's properly dreadful.
    I was sorely disappointed.

Oh dear:eek:, thanks for all your input, think I may give it a miss then, may rent it on lovefilm at some stage when my rent list runs low.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    saw this last night and enjoyed it alot, i think it was v good,brilliant action and i look forward to a sequel

i liked original trilogy but felt 2 and 3 were overated,maybe thats why i enjoyed legacy
  • FuzzyDunlop82FuzzyDunlop82 Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    I was impressed with the trailer...

...Watched it with Mrs Fuzzy, we were both waiting for something to happen, it eventually did, then promptly after, the film stopped. The main action was essentially what the other Bourne films would've had as a 'halfway through the film set-piece'.

Both proclaimed on exit that it was really, really disappointing. 2.5 out of 5.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wanted to like it, but found it surprisingly dull and rather forgettable. I suspect my expectations were too high, though. I'll probably enjoy it more after a rewatch with my expectations adjusted.
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A more fitting name would be The Not-Bourne Mediocrity.

The film moves at a snail's pace and doesn't have a particularly interesting story. There is a distinct lack of action and the big final setpiece is basically just a poor imitation of the Tangier sequence from the Bourne Ultimatum.

My first thought upon reaching the end of the film was: 'That's it?'. I'd give it a 4/10 overall.
  • mattlewis86mattlewis86 Posts: 657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »

Sums it up perfectly for me, the Bourne films are my favourite films and I loved number three, thought it was fantastic, this one was awful and should not have been associated with the first three.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well it is

mat damon says the pil popping storyline makes it hard for jason bourne to return

i think he wouldnt mind if snodgrass was invovled but at same time i think the execs are happy to move on with renners character

either way bourne 5 is happening which makes me happy