Anyone else can't stand Phil Schofield

Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I really think he is a smug, false idiot with a fake grin. I really can't stand the way he gushes over rubbish television shows as if they're art. his false attitude and the way he thinks he is the biggest thing since sliced bread.

Comments

• phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are not the only one, there is a long line of people who can't stand him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loathe him and his giggling blonde sidekick.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I really hate This Morning nowadays and the way he grins inanely. This was a good show in the Richard and Judy days and now it's like OK magazine television.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely adore him :o
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing about him that drives me crazy is the way he loves the sound of his own voice so much, none of his interviewees get much of a chance to say anything at all.

He is awful on the daily 'News Stories' section. They have 2 guests there to discuss the day's news stories, but on every item, we have to listen to Phil's take on it for several minutes, wait for the guests to agree with him and then move on. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, can't bare him. :yawn:

Career high point was surely the CBBC Broom cupboard years with the sock puppet.

Unfortunately the sock puppet is now on This Morning, The Cube Mr & Mrs etc!
  • Pob-BundyPob-Bundy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He talks like an insincere pervy vicar.
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YES he is very in your face.. up his own arse.. too much of him on TV..
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    Self satisfied
  • glaschelleglaschelle Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought it was only me!!!!! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's one I'd include in my Gary Lineaker box. (shivers down spine just writing his name!)
  • GwylfaGwylfa Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is not my cup of tea either. Sadly ITV seems to worship him!
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This. ^^
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He strikes me as patronizing and false.

He has the most annoying voice on the TV and he presents non-stop trashy TV.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't bear him, I can't believe this smug entertainer of trash and inanity is the nice bloke I used to watch with Sarah Greene on Saturday mornings.

p.s. Don't tell Birthday girl I said this.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him and enjoy watching him on telly.
  • Mrs MackintoshMrs Mackintosh Posts: 1,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to avoid anything he's on. I thought he was okay in his younger days in the broom cupboard and Going Live. He seems quite a pompous person.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He strikes me as patronizing and false.

He has the most annoying voice on the TV and he presents non-stop trashy TV.

Too right, he's turned This Morning into a trashfest. I really hate the way he discusses shows like I'm A Celebrity as if they're high art. When Richard and Judy hosted This Morning, you had a very interesting magazine show with a variety of guests, now it's like OK magazine on television.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is so self delighted..don't like him one little bit.
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    this is why I hate him
    http://youtu.be/XN8A2peU360
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alienpanda wrote: »
    this is why I hate him

See, thats why I love him :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Too right, he's turned This Morning into a trashfest. I really hate the way he discusses shows like I'm A Celebrity as if they're high art. When Richard and Judy hosted This Morning, you had a very interesting magazine show with a variety of guests, now it's like OK magazine on television.

This Morning is just one big advert for other trashy shows on ITV. It's a vicious circle, that's how people end up thinking rubbish like TOWIE is important. Their presenters are from other ITV shows, I mean Joe Swash, surely there are more talented people around.

Someone else I used to like before ITV threw lots of money at them was Leigh Francis. I think he actually thinks he is Keith Lemon now.
  • MamajencoMamajenco Posts: 190
    Forum Member

Never like him but watched the programme when Fern was presenting it.

I had to stop watching after his "giggling blonde sidekick" got the job after Fern left as I really can't stand the simpering clinging woman :yawn:

They are both totally overrated by TV executives who are out of touch with their viewers . . . imo :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alienpanda wrote: »
    this is why I hate him

Holly Willablobby can't get her unfeasibly large rear end into her chair in that clip.

It's written into her contract no rear end cam shots for good reason.
    Hence, you will never see shots of her 'behind' since Supermarket Sneak.
  • Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    Used to like him but now he's too much - that Holly wannabe really winds me up!;)