Brendan Cole: Licensed to Thrill Tour

Off to see Brendan's show in Glasgow 24th Feb - WOO HOO!!! :D:D:D

Have read a couple of reviews elsewhere and wondered if any FM been to see it yet - would love to hear about it. :)

Comments

• Keren-HappuchKeren-Happuch Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw his show a couple of years ago and it was brilliant! I'm sure you'll have a great time. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    I saw his show a couple of years ago and it was brilliant! I'm sure you'll have a great time. :)

Yes I saw it too and loved it, just wanted to know how it compared as I'm so impatient and can't wait till 24th Feb :o
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw Live and UnJudged a couple of years ago (couldnt go last year) and it was brilliant

I am soooooooooo looking forward to seeing License To Thrill on Friday - cannot wait
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Im seeing it at the Barbican in a couple of weeks.
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    I saw Live and UnJudged a couple of years ago (couldnt go last year) and it was brilliant

I am soooooooooo looking forward to seeing License To Thrill on Friday - cannot wait

Oooooo, Olive, looking forward to your review! :)
    Forum Member
    SaraV1308 wrote: »

...and your too, Sara! :)
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    SaraV1308 wrote: »

See you there!
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Force Ten wrote: »
    See you there!

See you there FT. Is this this show we have seats next to each other....?? by complete coincidence?
  • ceeveepeeceeveepee Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    I saw the show in Salford on Thursday and in Blackpool on Friday, I don't want to spoil it for anyone as it was so much more special for me not knowing what was coming and for that reason I enjoyed it more than Live and Unjudged as I'd see that one on DVD before I went.

The show is amazing and Brendan and Patrick Helm are both gorgeous! When Brendan and Fauve are on stage together you cannot take your eyes off them,

I was front row for both shows (had row B for Salford which turned out to be the front row so made my night) and even got a birthday hug and kiss from Brendan on Thursday (it was my question for the Q&A session)
    Forum Member
    ceeveepee wrote: »
    I saw the show in Salford on Thursday and in Blackpool on Friday, I don't want to spoil it for anyone as it was so much more special for me not knowing what was coming and for that reason I enjoyed it more than Live and Unjudged as I'd see that one on DVD before I went.

The show is amazing and Brendan and Patrick Helm are both gorgeous! When Brendan and Fauve are on stage together you cannot take your eyes off them,

I was front row for both shows (had row B for Salford which turned out to be the front row so made my night) and even got a birthday hug and kiss from Brendan on Thursday (it was my question for the Q&A session)

:D:D:D Thanks ceeveepee! Appreciate you keeping the spoilers to yourself. Saw Live and Unjudged last time Brendan was in Glasgow and was completely blown away by the show. Hope to see him at stage door this time if poss - Vincent and Flavia were so lovely when we saw them in Edinburgh after Midnight Tango, chatting and posing for pix.
    Forum Member
    It really is an amazing night - he just comes across as such a nice, genuine person and you can just tell everyone on that stage from the musicians, to the singers, to the dancer are having a ball!

You are going to love it :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wow!! saw this last night in Blackpool and just wow! I wont say to much just incase people dont want spoilers but my goodness me Brendan has once again done a brilliant job. His dancers are all fantastic, Crystal Main stood out for me, she really is absolutely incredible to watch, I prefered watch Fauve in the ballroom numbers than the latin and her and Brendan do a to die for waltz - I did feel the Melanie was out-danced and that she looked a little out of her depth on stage next to Crystal and Fauve BUT its the first time I have seen Melanie perform so maybe she wasnt well or was just have a bad night but she did seem amateur compared to Crystal and Fauve

The whole show, from start to finish is amazing, there is an incredible dance from Dirty Dancing, a wonderful AT, a very special AS dedicated to someone very special in Brendans life and an amazing dance to a very well know film theme tune!!

If you are going - you will have the best night and if your not going - get tickets now!
    Forum Member
    wow!! saw this last night in Blackpool and just wow! I wont say to much just incase people dont want spoilers but my goodness me Brendan has once again done a brilliant job. His dancers are all fantastic, Crystal Main stood out for me, she really is absolutely incredible to watch, I prefered watch Fauve in the ballroom numbers than the latin and her and Brendan do a to die for waltz - I did feel the Melanie was out-danced and that she looked a little out of her depth on stage next to Crystal and Fauve BUT its the first time I have seen Melanie perform so maybe she wasnt well or was just have a bad night but she did seem amateur compared to Crystal and Fauve

The whole show, from start to finish is amazing, there is an incredible dance from Dirty Dancing, a wonderful AT, a very special AS dedicated to someone very special in Brendans life and an amazing dance to a very well know film theme tune!!

If you are going - you will have the best night and if your not going - get tickets now!

Cheers for that, Olive! Exciting :D
    Forum Member

I am so pleased to have had the pleasure of seeing this twice (and I might just have had a look what seats are left in Liverpool but having had front row twice anything else wouldn't be as good and I may start to look like a stalker!)

Really hope this gets a DVD like the last one did. The dances you mention about were outstanding - I did love the quickstep too but got worried a couple of time that we might have to catch them as they hurtled off the end of the stage! And the jive... in fact I couldn't say there anything I didn't like!

Next show for me is Anton and Erin :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the moment his show isn't coming anywhere near me, even though two years running Live and Unjudged came to Brighton, which is about the closest place to me with a theatre. It sounds like a brilliant show. I might have to check that new dates haven't been added!
    Really pleased that Crystal Main is showing up in a good light as she got seriously slated for being in the dance troupe on SCD (though she was the best dancer besides Darren and Ian), but I'd seen her dancing well in Simply Ballroom and heard she was a good teacher.
  • CamisCamis Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be on my way to the show this time next week - can't wait!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the moment his show isn't coming anywhere near me, even though two years running Live and Unjudged came to Brighton, which is about the closest place to me with a theatre. It sounds like a brilliant show. I might have to check that new dates haven't been added!
    Really pleased that Crystal Main is showing up in a good light as she got seriously slated for being in the dance troupe on SCD (though she was the best dancer besides Darren and Ian), but I'd seen her dancing well in Simply Ballroom and heard she was a good teacher.

Crystal is an amazing dancer - she always has been IMO, I wasnt aware that she got slated for being in the dance troupe but thats in the past now - poor girl, she certainly didnt deserve to be!! But she absolutely shines on stage in License To Thrill
    Forum Member
    Crystal is an amazing dancer - she always has been IMO, I wasnt aware that she got slated for being in the dance troupe but thats in the past now - poor girl, she certainly didnt deserve to be!! But she absolutely shines on stage in License To Thrill

...even more excited... :D:D:D
  • musicangelmusicangel Posts: 7,164
    Forum Member
    Go see it!! Its bloody brilliance :D the French fauke is awesome :)
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ceeveepee wrote: »

Going ofn 28th in Poole - can't wait. Went last year and the year before and he was completely totally wonderful and SO nice. God, he has charisma.
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi i went to gateshead show on thursday night and loved it

Loved crystal and the french girl too
  • yosemitesamyosemitesam Posts: 869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw it in Milton Keynes on Friday, an outstanding show. No spoilers, just will say that all of it was amazing, I loved the cape section, and the standing ovation for Brendan was well deserved. If there's even the slightest chance of getting a ticket, don't hesitate.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would LOVE to see this again but cant get to any shows :( boo

Im hoping for a dvd as its truely amazing
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi i went to gateshead show on thursday night and loved it

Loved crystal and the french girl too

Just curious, what did you make of Melanie? I wasnt too impressed with her when I saw the show in Blackpool, I thought she was having an "off" night as she was out of time for a few of the dances and didnt come off at all well dancing next to Crystal and Fauve (who were both utterly amazing)
    Forum Member
    I am so tempted to get a ticket for Liverpool, best seat available is on the end of row E or something like that but having seen the show twice from the front row, nothing could top that. Decisions, decisions! (bearing in mind I've already got tickets for Anton and Erin, Pasha and Katya and Strictly Confidential and plan to go to Burn The Floor as well!)