Rihanna - What Now (4th single: Unapologetic)

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    I REALLY hope MTV Italy is not reliable. She should not release another lead single right now. 'What Now' is showing signs of future success in Australia and France and it could be an unexpected global hit like 'Stay'. Imo, she needs 'WN', because with Katy and GaGa about to release uptempo singles and with Robin Thicke dominating with 'BP', a ballad would help her stand out and she needs that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its now August & lets say she does shoot a video for it. By the time its shot released etc September will soon be here. I feel that Rihanna has wasted this era she should've released What Now a few months back commercially with a video etc.

Also i think rather than release Unapologetic last year Rihanna should have released it as Rihanna Unapologetic: The Greatest Hits with the Diamonds & Stay as the singles.

Talk That Talk era was a bit of mess single wise but i think it bounced back with Where Have You Been.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Up to #23 in Australia in its second week on the charts. Debuted at #37 last week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rihanna has been seen shooting a video with A$AP Rocky... Unlikely that this is What Now, maybe it's the lead single from album 8...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What Now has been officially confirmed as the 5th single!

...However a remix by R3hab is being used.

https://soundcloud.com/r3hab/rihanna-what-now-r3hab-remix

The remix is ok but there is no verses! I suspect with the success of Summertime Sadness Def Jam thought they could also score a quick hit with a crappy dance remix.

ALSO, it is confirmed that Rihanna and Justin Timberlake are performing on the 1000th episode of Alan Carr, Finally promotion!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    The break in that remix sounds like Sak Noel mixed with We No Speak Americano...
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not feeling this remix, the original is far superior imo.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    IDK how reliable MTV Italy is but "apparently" a new album is coming in Nov http://news.mtv.it/musica/rihanna-nuovo-album-in-arrivo-a-novembre-2013/

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was true :D
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    Not feeling this remix, the original is far superior imo.

And why can't they release the original?
    Forum Member
    'What Now' is a great single choice, but it's the original version that has potential to do well, NOT the remix. Don't get me wrong, the remix is good, but considering how 'RN' flopped, people are clearly not here for her club songs. I get that 'RN' was mismanaged and poorly promoted, but if people were interested, it would have been bigger based on her name alone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Ruined one of, if not the, best song on her album. Great job Rih...:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This reminds of the Cockiness/Diamonds situation in 2012...
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if she does release What Now and it does moderately well, she could still release a new single ahead of her 8th album and have them both in the charts at the same time. That's what happened with Cheers and We Found Love.
  • HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pour it up was a flop and so was Right now , despite radio AirPlay . Her days are numbered , she is more interested in partying and getting plastered than actually doing any thing constructive .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What Now will be sent to US radio on October 1st. Rihanna will also be performing What Now on Alan Carr.

The artwork

http://instagram.com/p/eF8dSftGtb/#

I don't know if the remix will be released though.

Rihanna also said on Alan Carr that she may be releasing new music this year, I hope this true. I know people moan about Rihanna but I love getting my new Rihanna album every November.
    Forum Member
    There will be no new album this year and I suspect there will be no lead single either, because in the US lead singles from major artists are hardly ever released just before the end of the year. The singles market is dead and radio plays old hits and Christmas songs throughout December. So, unless she's planning to officially release 'What Now' in October and then release a new lead single 4 weeks later, I doubt there will be a new album in 2013. And I know she's done it before with 'Cheers', but 'WFL' was released in a time that was perfect for a lead single, so it was a reasonable move to abandon 'Cheers' and move on.

I think her statement about "new music" might be a hint for a new remix or a new collaboration.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rihanna's performance of What Now on Alan Carr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4uc1zKvJXw

Amazing vocals, I was so glad she sang chorus as on tour she lets the audience sing the chorus.

What Now has already climbed up to 110 and 111 (probably top 60 combined) on iTunes! Considering isn't wasn't in the top 1000, maybe even 2000 yesterday! Also Unapologetic has climbed up 50 places to 20! What Now is coming...
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she not releasing an album for Christmas this year? I can't remember the last Crimbo without a Rihanna album in my stocking. It just doesn't feel real right now. Leave me alone :(:mad: